Sorry to detract from the Subrace discussion, but I just realized about the Kul'tiras armor: if the model is labeled as _Kultiras, doesn't that mean the expansion is ______ of Kul'tiras?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I know, it was more my own personal point. Yes it shows they are different from their parent race but why is void elf like that? I am sure both Nightborne and Blood elf share mage as their race (I mean i could be wrong on blood elf but mage seems likely). So a theory on the reason the class is different is that they are incompatible.

I have no hard evidene of course but I think its a sound theory in consideration of Nightborne/blood elf and the lore of high elves (who presumaby become void elves).
    They would have had to DESIGN them to be incompatible though. If they had just copy pasted Nelf as some pointed out may have been the case, all attributes would have been dragged over. The game files would not have decided that a concept for Void Elf would not be able to play as a druid on it's own.

I am only saying that all of this seems to ring intentional on Blizzard's end. Sure it might end up with them NOT adding these sub-races. But thus far, the fact that they are based on existing races while also tailored to differing lore limitations has it's own implications.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Four new subraces, three of them being popular races (elves and draenei) make perfect sense. Coupled with updated goblins and worgen that would be enough for Blizzard to call it a day.
    They gave us 10 "new" race models in WoD, and that was supposedly with a newly expanded team that wasn't operating at peak efficiency yet. I'm sure they could do a sub-race for each existing race if they thought it fit. Many of them will probably be fairly close to their parent race in design, so it seems like it would be less work than designing something from scratch.

Should lobby for playable ogres and sub-races.

Ive skimmed the past 100 some pages and didn't see much on this but i can see blizz doing something with this.

The hype train has Taylor Swift on it (why its there idk), but when i first seen it being talked about it came up they could add in a Sailor/Say'lor Twift for South Seas.

Now this is just thoughts running thru an empty head, but:

What if they start the Exp announcement at Blizzcon with either Taylor Swift singing "Look what you made me do" with Sarg stabbing Azeroth, or Sarg saying "Look what you made me do, LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO!" then stabbing.

Narration for the Expac is a strained female voice, denoting everything that shes done for Azeroth, or rather, what Azeroth herself has done for the races of Azeroth.

While in-game we get an Avatar of Azeroth named Sailor/Say'lor Twift (<Avatar of Azeroth> added later) and shes the main focus/leader/driving point of the expac. You can click on her and after a few clicks she facepalms and says, "Look what you made me do" *click* "*Drops something* Look what you JUST made me do!"

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there are.

but unlike with undead, broken cannot access the light at all. they're completely severed from it.

undead just hurt, but they can still access the light.
    Eh. I don't think there's much of a difference, honestly. It's not like (lore-wise) there are a bunch of Forsaken running around just gritting their teeth and using holy magic. They're both for game-y purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    Ive skimmed the past 100 some pages and didn't see much on this but i can see blizz doing something with this.

The hype train has Taylor Swift on it (why its there idk), but when i first seen it being talked about it came up they could add in a Sailor/Say'lor Twift for South Seas.

Now this is just thoughts running thru an empty head, but:

What if they start the Exp announcement at Blizzcon with either Taylor Swift singing "Look what you made me do" with Sarg stabbing Azeroth, or Sarg saying "Look what you made me do, LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO!" then stabbing.

Narration for the Expac is a strained female voice, denoting everything that shes done for Azeroth, or rather, what Azeroth herself has done for the races of Azeroth.

While in-game we get an Avatar of Azeroth named Sailor/Say'lor Twift (<Avatar of Azeroth> added later) and shes the main focus/leader/driving point of the expac. You can click on her and after a few clicks she facepalms and says, "Look what you made me do" *click* "*Drops something* Look what you JUST made me do!"
    Taylor is there because of memes from previous Expansion Speculation threads. There are a few regular posters who are huge fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    In all honesty, can we get Tortollan in the hype train? I need it. Who do I page for this?
    fuck man ur new dp nearly killed me

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    They gave us 10 "new" race models in WoD, and that was supposedly with a newly expanded team that wasn't operating at peak efficiency yet. I'm sure they could do a sub-race for each existing race if they thought it fit. Many of them will probably be fairly close to their parent race in design, so it seems like it would be less work than designing something from scratch.
    But some seem impossible, you think up a pandaren subrace and a worgen subrace .
    I tried i can't come up with anything AND DONT COME AT ME WITH NELF WORGEN BS , you legit are 99% of the time in worgen form so your "special subrace" being another humanoid form is silly

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Right, but I'm assuming all these new subraces will have new (smaller) starting zones to explain why they are choosing their faction, plus maybe new voice lines and animations. So I can see them making a point that they are significantly more detailed than the new WoD models.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Four new subraces, three of them being popular races (elves and draenei) make perfect sense. Coupled with updated goblins and worgen that would be enough for Blizzard to call it a day.
    I wouldn't worry about it, you have to remember that we've seen nothing officially yet. And like in the past, they don't patch in everything at once.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it, you have to remember that we've seen nothing officially yet. And like in the past, they don't patch in everything at once.
    Like how they were going to update worgen and goblins later on in wod?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Maybe kind of. It only indicates that KulTiras is the focus. It doesn't have to be of KulTiras.

Although on that note Ghosts of KulTiras would be a great name in going with that one ghost leak earlier.
    I was thinking Shadows or Curse of KulTiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but I'm assuming all these new subraces will have new (smaller) starting zones to explain why they are choosing their faction, plus maybe new voice lines and animations. So I can see them making a point that they are significantly more detailed than the new WoD models.
    They'll probably have a small scenario, Lightforged Draenei would probably have a scenario on Argus

Again... even if this is true, 4 sub races isn't really a box seller. 4 sub races are a big patch item, not a new expansion seller.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking Shadows or Curse of KulTiras.
    I think that one of the major patches will have Kul'Tiras in it's title, rather than the expansion.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Like how they were going to update worgen and goblins later on in wod?
    Different blizzard at that time, they got cocky and too comfy for their own good.
    They did triple their entire team at the end of that expansion, meaning some started working on Legion and a bunch of others even started working on 8.0, this is the first expansion where the entire team has likely touched it in some form.

I don't think you'd need a small starting zone. Just a single envoy quest or two within the starting zone.

e.g. you make a Nightborne (Blood Elf). The first quest you see in front of you is from a Nightborne NPC, who tells you that the Nightborne need to repay the kindness the Blood Elves showed them in Suramar and prove their worth to the Horde, so assist the Blood Elves any way you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Again... even if this is true, 4 sub races isn't really a box seller. 4 sub races are a big patch item, not a new expansion seller.
    4 sub races are a bit much for a patch, even a major one.

They might not be enough to carry an expansion alone, but:

4 sub races
    expanded customization options (tattoos, scars, warpaint etc)
    more customization (new hairstyles, faces, facial hair, skin tones, etc)
    Updated Worgen and Goblin models

Is a fair amount.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-10-22 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    I think that one of the major patches will have Kul'Tiras in it's title, rather than the expansion.
    The only reason I think it's in the title is because the armor was labeled Kul'tiras, and it's player armor. Or maybe it isn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    I hope we get some sub races delivered to us at launch and then they create more and more throughout content patches just to give each patch more value.

4 sub-races that are more unique than just palette swaps as well as character customization would be fine with me, and this is coming from a guy who was going to be mad as fuck if we only got subraces. I was under the impression they would just be tatttoos added in the character customization screen, but these sound more unique than that.

Couple that with new goblin/worgen models..