circle of stars sound like circle made out of stars, not some circle with tendrils with stars backdrop

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    By this logic, on last Blizzcon they would talk about Nighthold, not Tomb of Sargeras. This panels are used for informations that we don't know. Only new thing about 7.3 could be intro cinematic.
    I dont really understand the logic behind this example.

And you think Blizzcon 2015 was boring? We got cgi cinematic and ton of informations on closed panels. Do you think that 15 minutes long reveal on opening ceremony would be better than 1 hour Gamescom?
    The whole point is that Blizzcon is Blizzards main event of the year, Gamescom is just a side show.

I don't say that Gamecom reveal will happen, but this will be wasted opportunity if they save it for Blizzcon.
    Gamescom will be around the same time 7.3 will be released, so it would make sense that they do the whole 7.3 introduction in there. 7.3 last raid patch, everyone knows the expansion is set and then blizzcon reveals us what is coming next. I cant think of any reason why blizzard would just reveal stuff about 7.3 before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The whole point is that Blizzcon is Blizzards main event of the year, Gamescom is just a side show.
    we already know that 7.3 will be the last content patch for Legion (except maybe pre-patch) and we also know that its all about - Argus. Obviously Blizzard know that some people are disappointed with the fact that Argus didn't make it to be full scale expansion and despite what they're saying in public, like Argus wasn't cool enough to be expansion on its own, they know this need to be set right. And Gamescom is a perfect place to do just that. As with Legion, they can announce new expansion on Gamescom, provide us with some basic info - what its about, some features, show us a trailer made with in-game assets. And then at Blizzcon reveal cinematic trailer with a lot more explanation and new info on the subject, along with many things about their other games.

I agree with those saying Gamescom will be about 8.0. We'll know pretty much everything about 7.3 already by then...

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I agree with those saying Gamescom will be about 8.0. We'll know pretty much everything about 7.3 already by then...
    Don't forget about 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by PTR update notes
    You’ll also see some pretty substantial changes for Feral Druids in this build. We’ve been trying to avoid making too many class changes in the 7.x.0 patches (keeping them mostly confined to 7.x.5 updates) but wanted to make sure we got these updates in for 7.3. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback once you’ve had some hands-on time with the changes.
    ...somewhat implies that a 7.3.5 is coming eventually, but not anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible they tell us about expansion at Gamescom & than spilled more beans at Blizzcon. It worked well for Legion.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I dont really understand the logic behind this example.
    The point is that we already know about 7.3 and we can even play it right now on the PTR. It would be hard for them to spend a convention "introducing" something that we've already experienced. Last BlizzCon, Nighthold wasn't open yet, but we knew about it so they showed us all the way to the Tomb of Sargeras and even previewed bosses.

Blizzard has more than enough things to show at BlizzCon now. As far as I know, Blizzard never said they announced Legion at Gamescom due to desperation, it was just the right timing for it. According to the average wait calculations done in that other thread, Gamescom is actually late to announce the next expansion this year, let alone BlizzCon (most expansions are announced less than a year from their predecessor's release).

Also, Blizzard said "Blizzard will be returning to Cologne, Germany this summer for our biggest gamescom yet." Now, it's not evidence or anything, since it's pretty typical marketing speak, but it would be weird to call it the biggest Gamescom (and best Gamescom in the summary for that article), if it's just repeating stuff we already know.

Gamescom will be around the same time 7.3 will be released, so it would make sense that they do the whole 7.3 introduction in there. 7.3 last raid patch, everyone knows the expansion is set and then blizzcon reveals us what is coming next. I cant think of any reason why blizzard would just reveal stuff about 7.3 before that.
    Wrath of the Lich King was announced after Patch 2.1, and Cataclysm was announced before the Fall of the Lich King patch actually came out. There's plenty of precedent for them to push the next expansion even as we're not finished with the current one.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-12 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    It is possible they tell us about expansion at Gamescom & than spilled more beans at Blizzcon. It worked well for Legion.
    One can only wish, I liked that style (obviously, it's good for the consumer :P) but I doubt it will happen this time sadly...
    WoD was such crap that they had to do some damage control asap, now they are in quite a good spot (all is relative ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The point is that we already know about 7.3 and we can even play it right now on the PTR. It would be hard for them to spend a convention "introducing" something that we've already experienced. Last BlizzCon, Nighthold wasn't open yet, but we knew about it so they showed us all the way to the Tomb of Sargeras and even previewed bosses.
    Well this is the important part. Just because you can play it on ptr doesn't mean its published out there. They wont go on and say "we wont talk about argus since you all have been on ptr already and now the whole storyline". We wont have experienced Argus before gamescom. The only thing we really know about it before the patch is released is the kill cinematic of KJ.

But Nighthold was released before Blizzcon and ToS was the next big thing.

Well I'll come back to this post in about 2 months and tell "told you so". Because logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It'll probably be like this until we're closer to Gamescom, after which probably nothing happens and it'll be somewhat calm until BlizzCon until something leaks. At least we have an official thread to come back to now!
    Yay for Expansion Hype threads, my fav MMO-C thing.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Actually, looking at the dates some more, Warlords of Draenor was the only expansion to take more than a year from the previous expansion's release to be announced (even Burning Crusade was announced before the first anniversary). It also had the biggest gap in releases between it and Mists of Pandaria. I've said it before, but Warlords of Draenor has a reputation for being rushed because it had so little in its patches (and is often used as proof that "faster expansions" are bad), but it was actually the most overdue expansion. The announcement of Legion was pretty much on time, Warlords of Draenor was just further back along the timeline than usual.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-12 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    WoD was such crap that they had to do some damage control asap
    thats just your assumption and admittedly there is more people who thinks the same, but there is no actual proof of them doing damage control this way. Me for example, I've never considered WoD to be a failure in anyway. Lorewise it was a mess, but not something I concern about myself with. If we start to dissect WoW lore from the beginning its just one big facepalm since the day one.

Blizzard said that Warlords of Draenor had issues because they hired a larger team and it took longer to get them up to speed than they had planned. The rest can easily be read between the lines. The expansion also had the new player models, the stat squish, and a file system overhaul. Essentially, Warlords of Draenor took up most of Blizzard's resources revamping backend stuff for the game, and it was probably worth it in the long run, but coupled with their training ending up taking longer than they expected, the content of the expansion took a massive hit.

This actually delayed the release of the expansion in relation to the average timing, but everything else was more or less on schedule. In other words, Warlords of Draenor was only short because it was late and they wanted to get back on schedule, not because it was bad and they wanted to hurry and get us out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    thats just your assumption and admittedly there is more people who thinks the same, but there is no actual proof of them doing damage control this way. Me for example, I've never considered WoD to be a failure in anyway. Lorewise it was a mess, but not something I concern about myself with. If we start to dissect WoW lore from the beginning its just one big facepalm since the day one.
    Right........... hardly a facepalm but whatever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Right........... hardly a facepalm but whatever.
    you're entitled to your opinion obviously, but WoW storylines are generally silly and simple and if there is any morale can be found in it, most of the time its something from the fortune cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    WoW had the biggest drop in subs during WoD and fell to a new low. Blizzard had to do some damage control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Blizzard said that Warlords of Draenor had issues because they hired a larger team and it took longer to get them up to speed than they had planned. The rest can easily be read between the lines. The expansion also had the new player models, the stat squish, and a file system overhaul. Essentially, Warlords of Draenor took up most of Blizzard's resources revamping backend stuff for the game, and it was probably worth it in the long run, but coupled with their training ending up taking longer than they expected, the content of the expansion took a massive hit.

This actually delayed the release of the expansion in relation to the average timing, but everything else was more or less on schedule. In other words, Warlords of Draenor was only short because it was late and they wanted to get back on schedule, not because it was bad and they wanted to hurry and get us out of it.
    Hasn't the WoW team also transitioned to a new system from the old one they were using. I remember a interview where they were the only team in Blizzard using that old system. I can't think of the name. I'm sure Marla may remember if he wants to chime in.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2017-07-12 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Don't forget about 7.3.5.

...somewhat implies that a 7.3.5 is coming eventually, but not anytime soon.
    Fair point! It might give us clues for the next expansion though.

I think the main thing is that the quality of Warlords of Draenor isn't even that relevant. By the end of the expansion, they were more or less back on track, so the only damage control was to go back to business as normal. The announcement was more or less on schedule.
    Well this is the important part. Just because you can play it on ptr doesn't mean its published out there. They wont go on and say "we wont talk about argus since you all have been on ptr already and now the whole storyline". We wont have experienced Argus before gamescom. The only thing we really know about it before the patch is released is the kill cinematic of KJ.

But Nighthold was released before Blizzcon and ToS was the next big thing.

Well I'll come back to this post in about 2 months and tell "told you so". Because logic.
    I'm not saying they can't announce the next expansion at BlizzCon, but if you look at the history, it would be a late announcement, and there's no particular reason to avoid Gamescom. Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria were all announced before the previous expansion's final patch had been experienced on live servers.

Now, with all the time gating they've done this expansion, it's definitely possible that they will take a little bit longer to talk about things because they have more to fill that time with, but there's also no reason they can't still fill that time while the expansion is known. If they can make Antorus open relatively close to the next expansion's pre-patch, they might finally close that gap people hate. At the same time, however, that time gating has been pretty controversial and is arguably something to do damage control on itself.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-12 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Hasn't the WoW team also transitioned to a new system from the old one they were using. I remember a interview where they were the only team in Blizzard using that old system. I can't think of the name. I'm sure Marla may remember if he wants to chime in.
    I believe a new file system was changed but I assumed that was under the hood stuff, not something that was a resource eater. WoD may have been a very flawed expansion but some of the things we got out of it(Like new character models) were a boon for the game.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi