Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'm mostly refering to the character background entries, I had heard nothing about that before.
    Yeah, I've been brushing that up to copy paste but there's a small conflict in that as the displayID's referenced in the VoidElf entry refer to Blood Elf models but the backgrounds refer to Night Elf backgrounds. Hmmph.

note 07

Always listen to your parents. And never fight them.
    100% Jaina.

note 04

The day you were born, the very forests of Quel'Thalas whispered the name, Kael'Thasss.
    Lich King style and Kael? I confused with three "s" at end.

note 01

- We know you'll go mad and start kill people.
    - So?
    - Shouldn't you kill yourself to prevent it?
    - Its not how time works, mortal.
    Nozdormu / Murozond?

note 10

I wish the uprising back at home would settle itself soon. I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt.
    LoL its Varian's coin text from Dalaran fountain.

note 08

It wasn't honorable duel! It was a treacherous trap! Well at least i have my lotus.
    Garrosh? But i don't know anything related to Garrosh and lotus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    As far as I know, "actual leak" and "everyone's #1 fan-favorite expansion" don't mean the same thing. All the leaks we've seen so far are just listing ideas that everyone's been throwing around the forums for a while now. I do think the expansion will have something to do with all of these things but I'm also expecting a curveball from Blizzard with a feature that no one saw coming.
    Yeah those are not the same. But I like it so if this were true i would be happy (although I still doubt subraces could work in wow, if they did it would be awesome).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Um, I know this is from early this morning, but you're 100% off the mark with why the Humans crossed Kalimdor. They weren't chasing after the Orcs, Jaina was leading a large contingent of forces willing to follow her because she believed Medivh and his prophecy. The Orcs were the ones who first started attacking the Humans in Kalimdor, not the other way around.

It was only much later, after Jaina and her forces had made peace, that her father Admiral Proudmoore (an old bigot from the First and Second Wars) showed up and claimed that the Orcs were monsters and had to be hunted down. Even then, Jaina helped Thrall and Rexxar kill her own father to shut things down and bring it all back under her control, and then there was actual peace between Orcs and Humans in Kalimdor for several years, before outside plots riled things up again between them.

So... yeah, you are COMPLETELY wrong about this.
    You are... absolutely right about this. I had completely messed up the order of events and swapped Terenas Menethil for Daelin Proudmoore in my mind. When he refused to imprison his own subjects to protect them from the plague I somehow misremembered him as sending his forces out after Thrall and the Orcs. In fact, his forces only went after the Orcish Uprising in Strahnbrad before going off to find out about the plague.

This is me, acknowledging I was 100% wrong. It'll happen from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Old news and super fake. You know why? Because you can't make Naga a subrace and expect fans of any of the other races to be satisfied.
    You didn't actually read the article then. The argument is that naga, tuskarr, etc. would *not* be playable subraces but the legion races in the DB would be, based on their reference to a character select screen, as has been noted by other people in this thread.

Interestingly, none of the fake leaks ever seem to present with the thing I -REALLY- want.

But I will likely be happy with whatever feature they present regardless.

Ian brought it up in his article, but it was something I noticed odd last night that I feel needed reiterating. There is no Nightbourne native ID that can equip armor or access the barbershop/customization features. NONE of the Nightbourne NPCs in the game actually use the Nightbourne entry in chrraces, which is very interesting.

Could always be leftovers from an original implemntation of the Nightbourne, and these four ""sub-races"" might have customization options, select screen files and stuff, as Marliam said, from copy pasting in a different way than they did back in Vanilla, BC and Wrath.

Still Forests Trolls and Ice Trolls have "TUSKS" noted as their extra customization option, from copy and pasting the trolls, but does not have entries or options beyond that.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    You are... absolutely right about this. I had completely messed up the order of events and swapped Terenas Menethil for Daelin Proudmoore in my mind. When he refused to imprison his own subjects to protect them from the plague I somehow misremembered him as sending his forces out after Thrall and the Orcs. In fact, his forces only went after the Orcish Uprising in Strahnbrad before going off to find out about the plague.

This is me, acknowledging I was 100% wrong. It'll happen from time to time.
    Fair enough, memory mistakes happen! Sorry if I came off as confrontational.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yeah, I've been brushing that up to copy paste but there's a small conflict in that as the displayID's referenced in the VoidElf entry refer to Blood Elf models but the backgrounds refer to Night Elf backgrounds. Hmmph.
    Could use the blood elf / high elf base skeleton but function as a night elf in gameplay?

That may annoy the PVP devs, though. Silhouettes and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Could use the blood elf / high elf base skeleton but function as a night elf in gameplay?

Or it's mostly placeholder for now, we really can't tell at this point. It might have just accidentally slipped in when they shipped Lightforged Draenei, which did get a character model etc. We'll have to wait and see.

Wonder if the riddle guy is someone in Blizzard. We know they read this thread. Some people over there love their secrets too...

I can't make heads or tails of it. Other than Note 11 is Darion. Kel'thuzad asks Darion who he loves at the end of the Ashbringer comic when he becomes a DK and he says no one.

Pandaren... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Pandaren... Lol
    Ghostcrawler claimed the team didn't like how that played out, though. So, I dunno.

All I want is 6v6 objective based PvP, aka smaller RBG on smaller maps. They teased it in blizzcon 2015(I think it was 15?) by making the arena players play EU vs US 6v6 RBGs(Where they found out the current maps were waaaaay too big for 6v6), they've teased it with the brawl. 2+ years later they've obviously completed it and made maps for it right, that's why we haven't gotten a BG map in ages right???

Ghostcrawler claimed the team didn't like how that played out, though. So, I dunno.
    I was only implying it's kind of too late to be worrying about that.

Funny thing though, I always found human males and orc females had a similar frame... But that's just me.

People still making predictions/wish lists for 8.0? Yes? Good!

My prediction:

Revamped S/SE Kalimdor with Silithus prepatch event. Exploratory sea expansion (Kul'Tiras) with heavy WQ seeding. Maybe totally revamped Tanaris too, to seed some troll stuff and make Gadgetzan a city. That'd be cool.
    Revamped DK starting experience. Enter Pandaren DK. Oh dear.

New Profession:
    Woodworking. Assorted weapons (staff, shield, polearm etc) and boat making. A mobile, customization personal 'house.' or is innate within it. Maybe guild housing too. Potentially throw in a new gathering profession (lumberjacking), or make it innate to woodworking.

RACES:

Tortollan(Neutral) As the titan blood oozed downhill from Silithus into Un’goro, the native turtles received a sudden and dramatic evolutionary change. Primitive, inquisitive, and endlessly resourceful, this young race emerges into Azeroth in search of allies to help navigate their new reality.

Physicality: Turtley. Taller than gnomes, shorter than dwarves. Assorted colors, shell patterns, etc. etc.
    Leader: Spiritsinger Umbra (FEMALE EXPANSION!), but ALSO Tortolla. While the latter, the turtle ancient, is not evolved, he walked (REAL SLOW CAUSE HE IS A TURTLE) down from Mount Hyjal to help safeguard his children.
    Starting Zone: Un’Goro Crater (phased)
    Mount: Tyrannosaurus Rex? Stegasaurus?
    Classes: Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Monk

Racials:
    +15 Leatherworking
    Evolutionary Marvel: Versatility increased by XXX (scales with level).
    Increase Swim Speed
    Nature Resistance: Reduces nature damage taken by 1%.
    Hero in a Half Shell: 2 abilities on a shared cooldown. Gives the option for a CC/DPS increase, of damage reduction.
    - Ranged single target stun, causes X damage. (think of the turtleshell kick in Mario. Kick the shell out to a target, player is reduced to nakedness for duration of stun and animation)
    - Tortollan retreats into their shell, reducing damage by X% over Y seconds. Channeled ability. Player cannot cast or attack during duration.

HIGH ELF (Alliance) - With the bombing of Theramore, many of the surviving high elves retreated to Kul’Tiras, hoping to live an idyllic life away from warfare and strife. Instead, they fell victim to Nzoth’s ancient curse. Transformed into hideous monstrosities, the race was saved from a life of mindless servitude by Jaina, who left Dalaran at the start of the legion invasion.

Physicality: High elves deserve to be playable Alliance side, but there’s an issue with their green eyed counterparts being on the horde side. A blue eyed blood elf does not a new race make. Answer? Blood elves on steroids. These are sailors. Bigger than their cousins - muscled and brawny; not scholarly and fel-starved. Throw in some old god psuedo-malformations and you got yourself a fancy new race. Think Kvaldir (not this big though) mixed with tentacles, and pretty elfish stuff.

Leader: Jaina. Not a high elf, I know. But she’s their charge, really.
    Starting Zone: Theramore (for the historical bombing event with phasing) → Kul’Tiras. Plays out similar to the Worgen starting zone.
    Mount: Some gross old god infused horse thing.
    Classes: Death Knight, Hunter, Priest, Rogue, Paladin, Warrior, Monk, Mage, Warlock

Racials:
    +15 Woodworking
    Sickening Appendage: In a disturbing display, a tentacled arm reaches out and pulls an enemy to the player, dazing and reducing their movement speed by X% (Like quaking palm, this would not work with all mobs. Think of it like a shorter range DK grip)
    Shadow Resistance: Reduces shadow damage taken by 1%
    Elder Sign: Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects.
    Forgotten Ritual: Summon a bound faceless one to attack the target for X over Y seconds.

OGRE (Horde) - Truly terrified by the hideous high elves landing on the shores of the wreckage of Theramore, the Stonemaul clan ogres formally rallied behind the might of the Horde for protection. Armed with classic ogre shipbuilding and boundless strength, these gargantuan creatures fight to defend their home while simultaneously sailing to distant shores in search of treasure and adventure.

Physicality: One and two headed varieties. Some gated to class (warlock) some have the option of either (Deathknight, monk, etc)

Leader: Rexxar. Yup, not an ogre. But lore. And fits with Jaina. Two new leaders that aren’t actually the race they lead. Both are heavily seeded into the game. Perfection.
    Starting Zone: Dustwallow Marsh (phased) end game it'd be an awesome PVP zone.
    Mount: I have no idea. Pigs? Something tiny to make it hilarious?
    Classes: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Shaman, Deathknight, Monk

Racials:
    +15 Woodworking
    Me Smash: You enrage, increasing all damage done by X% for Y seconds
    Beefy: Increases your Stamina by XXX (scales with level).
    Human(oid) Slaying: Damage done against humanoid targets increased by X%
    Two Hand Weapon Mastery - Critical chance increased with Two handed weapons by X%

Where did the concept art come from (the Draenei/Ogre hybrid and the elephant character)?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Where did the concept art come from (the Draenei/Ogre hybrid and the elephant character)?
    different blizz art contests
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Blizzards art contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I was only implying it's kind of too late to be worrying about that.

Funny thing though, I always found human males and orc females had a similar frame... But that's just me.
    Well the female Orc looks(Animations wise) way better then the Orc with it's bent approach of fighting. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi