10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Hey @Pantupino, can I suggest this void tottle for the hype train? I even sort of cut it out for you. Thanks.

[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Thanks for the answers. Follow-up question, then. If nightborne and highmountain Tauren have been in the database for a while, is it consistent that their MaleDisplayID and FemaleDisplayID would be numbered sequentially with void elves and lightforged Draenei?
    Good eye picking that up, rechecked and found out that I am actually entirely wrong on that first answer.
    Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei were all added in 7.3. Welp, that shakes things up a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Thanks bud, perfect.

This is the biggest leap of logic so far, but we know how Kul'tiras is gold and green, correct? The void elf weapons are people and green, and the datamined kul'tiras armor was purple: perhaps the new enemy Kul'tiras will be colored gold and purple, along with the box art?

Honestly, with the previous data mine of the Tirasian armor - coupled with the other tidbits, this seems like the likely leak.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Just to lend credence to this post, one of the BlizzCon panels pertains to the The Women of Warcraft.
    This is such a poor point of evidence.

Not from you specifically, but I see it again and again and it means so little in terms of lending credence to any leak. Of course Sylvanas and Azshara are going to be important. One is the leader of the Horde, who has been important in half the expansions so far. The other is one of two remaining threats on Azeroth. Jaina has been continually important for most of the game and specifically absent from the most recent expansion. Of course she is going to be important if Kul Tiras is involved at all.

This is like us finding the "Mists of Pandaria" trademark and then someone posting a leak where Chen is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Remember 8.0 cinematic "leak". Same stuff undead Daelin and ghost fleet.
    Undead Daelin, undead Lothar, these would all be pretty damn cool.

I noticed that, at Legion's end, we're being led by a whole load of Second War heroes - Turalyon, Alleria, Khadgar, Magni, Sylvanas, Saurfang. I had a pretty dumb theory a while ago that Sylvanas would end up teaming up with Helya or Kel'Thuzad, trying to conduct some sort of ritual of mass necromancy, but end up getting in way over her head and resurrecting the spirits of hundreds of Second War fighters across the Eastern Kingdoms (including long-abandoned fortresses at Crestfall and Zul'Dare), endlessly re-enacting the most ferocious battles of their lives, and leading us into a Sylvanas/Lich King/Channel Islands expansion.

It's still a pretty monumentally dumb idea. But with Kul Tiras likely entering the game - a place we haven't seen since WCII - I think it's not unlikely the next expansion's plot might deal with resolving (or heightening!) old Second War tensions and grudges.

Good eye picking that up, rechecked and found out that I am actually entirely wrong on that first answer.
    Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei were all added in 7.3. Welp, that shakes things up a bit!

Thanks bud, perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm dying to know what the hell a "Void Elf" is though. The only thing I can think of is it being a codename for Ethereals, but the "Voidelf" weapons have details that are more akin to those we saw on the Nightborne. In fact, I think I've seen these exact weapons somewhere in the game but I can't quite remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is such a poor point of evidence.

Not from you specifically, but I see it again and again and it means so little in terms of lending credence to any leak. Of course Sylvanas and Azshara are going to be important. One is the leader of the Horde, who has been important in half the expansions so far. The other is one of two remaining threats on Azeroth. Jaina has been continually important for most of the game and specifically absent from the most recent expansion. Of course she is going to be important if Kul Tiras is involved at all.

This is like us finding the "Mists of Pandaria" trademark and then someone posting a leak where Chen is involved.
    But there's a panel dedicated to the Women of Warcraft. Outside of emphasizing them in the next expansion, why would they do that?

P.S. Do we have any follow-ups to this "leak?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm dying to know what the hell a "Void Elf" is though. The only thing I can think of is it being a codename for Ethereals, but the "Voidelf" weapons have details that are more akin to those we saw on the Nightborne. In fact, I think I've seen these exact weapons somewhere in the game but I can't quite remember where.
    All I can think of is High Elves and or Blood Elves seeing what happened to Alleria follow in her footsteps.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Thanks bud, perfect.
    Addd these races to the hype train!!

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    But there's a panel dedicated to the Women of Warcraft. Outside of emphasizing them in the next expansion, why would they do that?

P.S. Do we have any follow-ups to this "leak?"
    Because someone somewhere thought they should have a panel celebrating their female voice actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    All I can think of is High Elves and or Blood Elves seeing what happened to Alleria follow in her footsteps.
    That sounds plausible. However, it seems a bit too similar in concept to Demon Hunters, who also happen to be elves. Void and fel magic are considered forces that should not be meddled with, but both Demon Hunters and Void Elves (which isn't a class actually) are willing to harness this "dark energy" into a weapon to use against their enemies. Literally the exact same concept, except one's a class and the other's a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because someone somewhere thought they should have a panel celebrating their female voice actors.
    Could partner them with the actors, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That sounds plausible. However, it seems a bit too similar in concept to Demon Hunters, who also happen to be elves. Void and fel magic are considered forces that should not be meddled with, but both Demon Hunters and Void Elves (which isn't a class actually) are willing to harness this "dark energy" into a weapon to use against their enemies. Literally the exact same concept, except one's a class and the other's a race.
    Void Elf Demon Hunter inc!

I can see it now.
    Ion gets up on the stage. He says nothing.
    Suddenly, a image of Metzen appears.
    It says but three words.

"Playable Command Table"

Ion then reveals that he was really a Command Table this whole time.

Wooo I contributed something! Also I just got on my rogue and confirmed what an earlier poster wrote, that using glyph of disguise and pickpocketing a nightborne does NOT change your tooltip race to nightborne, while pickpocketing a vrykul does change your tooltip race to vrykul.

Edit: the only hostile highmountain tauren I could remember were the feltotem ones. I tried pickpocketing them and my tooltip race did not change. If anyone remembers a hostile, non-fel highmountain tauren I could test this on please let me know.
    Last edited by Rae888; 2017-10-22 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I just want void ghost tortollan pirates. And giant pirate parrot mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    I read the Red Shirt Guy article. Not convinced that spreadsheet shows anything more than potential info for new NPCs, but if it in fact does point towards playable subraces, I would guess that these take the 'new race' role in 8.0, rather than being customization options. Nightborne and Highmountain would probably have a mostly shared (start different, meet in middle) starting zone set on the Broken Isles, ending with them pledging allegiance to the Horde, while Lightforged and Void Elves would have a mostly shared starting zone set on the Xenedar and Argus, ending with them joining their Alliance brethren.
    I was thinking about this - given the high level of such zones, would that result in the equivalent of 'hero races' or some such? Just spitballing. Wouldn't make sense to start those (sub)races off at level 1, afterall.

Another question that came to mind is the following;
    Looking at the current "sub-races", they are all (well, no idea about void elves) currently neutral factions that both sides help during the legion campaign, wouldn't it be weird if suddenly the Highmountain Tauren that you saved started attacking your capital city as alliance? Could these sub-races be true neutral?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    I was thinking about this - given the high level of such zones, would that result in the equivalent of 'hero races' or some such? Just spitballing. Wouldn't make sense to start those (sub)races off at level 1, afterall.
    I can't see hero races happening unless they are exclusively locked to a new hero class, no one would buy boosts anymore and there would be way too much of a population inflation on these races solely due to their skipping 110 levels