10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Another question that came to mind is the following;
    Looking at the current "sub-races", they are all (well, no idea about void elves) currently neutral factions that both sides help during the legion campaign, wouldn't it be weird if suddenly the Highmountain Tauren that you saved started attacking your capital city as alliance? Could these sub-races be true neutral?
    Oh I like this, I like this a lot. Even if not true neutral, it could be a different way of answering the 'let me play X race on Y faction'. The faction tags in the db would probably refute this, but a man can have his delusions.

I can't see hero races happening unless they are exclusively locked to a new hero class, no one would buy boosts anymore and there would be way too much of a population inflation on these races solely due to their skipping 110 levels
    Yeah I hear you. Just wouldn't make much sense from a lore perspective for, say, a draenei to spend eons fighting the burning legion, become lightforged and then... start at level 1 :P You're right though, would interfere with boosts.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 2017-10-21 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Now I just want void ghost tortollan pirates. And giant pirate parrot mounts.
    Giant undead pirate parrot mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That sounds plausible. However, it seems a bit too similar in concept to Demon Hunters, who also happen to be elves. Void and fel magic are considered forces that should not be meddled with, but both Demon Hunters and Void Elves (which isn't a class actually) are willing to harness this "dark energy" into a weapon to use against their enemies. Literally the exact same concept, except one's a class and the other's a race.
    Could say the same about Death Knights so it wouldn't stop them. I don't see a Void based class coming around just yet though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Looking at the current "sub-races", they are all (well, no idea about void elves) currently neutral factions that both sides help during the legion campaign, wouldn't it be weird if suddenly the Highmountain Tauren that you saved started attacking your capital city as alliance? Could these sub-races be true neutral?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see hero races happening unless they are exclusively locked to a new hero class, no one would buy boosts anymore and there would be way too much of a population inflation on these races solely due to their skipping 110 levels
    unless its one sub race per realm

Quote Originally Posted by DancingMad View Post
    unless its one sub race per realm
    RIP RPers/Alt-o-holics

5+ Year Old Account
    just a thought has anyone tried line drawning or anything from the locations in the riddle cause 2 of the answers are locations not people

note 13

- I see dead people!
    - Leaf it to me.
    is the dead scar

and
    note 09 A cat has nine lives, but needs only one.
    is old alterac

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    I was thinking about this - given the high level of such zones, would that result in the equivalent of 'hero races' or some such? Just spitballing. Wouldn't make sense to start those (sub)races off at level 1, afterall.
    "Hero Races" is a stupid concept. Most of the requests are merely skin/cosmetic additions; whereas, the requests for new models, e.g. the Broken, could easily be accommodated by either a) having them as unlocked rewards via quest chains or b) having them unlocked upon the release of a patch at the normal level.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    "Hero Races" is a stupid concept. Most of the requests are merely skin/cosmetic additions; whereas, the requests for new models, e.g. the Broken, could easily be accommodated by either a) having them as unlocked rewards via quest chains or b) having them unlocked upon the release of a patch at the normal level.
    It'll probably be a case of "Level a draenei to 120: Unlock Broken for your account."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Kalipso is Azshara (both are Sea Witches). I can see Blizzard pulling it with corruption of this new Kul Tiras Davy Jones.
    Also interesting fact - this riddle guy mentioned Taylor who was killed and raised as GHOST in WoD and who was promoted to Admiral in MoP in lead Alliance in Vashir during Cataclysm!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Kalipso is Azshara (both are Sea Witches). I can see Blizzard pulling it with corruption of this new Kul Tiras Davy Jones.
    Also interesting fact - this riddle guy mentioned Taylor who was killed and raised as GHOST in WoD and who was promoted to Admiral in MoP in lead Alliance in Vashir during Cataclysm!!!
    If Ghosts are going to become a thing, I'd rather Admiral Taylor come back only to protect the Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I agree, but the specific (potential) subraces on discussion go beyond small additions that could be melded into existing starting experiences. If these ones are a thing, they'll need something new. Considering at least 2 would be based in the Broken Isles, it just strikes me as unlikely it would be a level 1 experience.

I can see "Hero Races", but Nightborne would have to be neutral and Highmountain would have to be Horde. There would be a lot of understandable asspain otherwise.

Lightforged Alliance makes sense, but what would be the Horde equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I can see "Hero Races", but Nightborne would have to be neutral and Highmountain would have to be Horde. There would be a lot of understandable asspain otherwise.

Lightforged Alliance makes sense, but what would be the Horde equivalent?
    I still feel like the Nightborne would be joining the horde along with the Highmountain.

I'm thinking Void Elves will be the flip side of the light magic using Blood Elves. Both were originally High Elves, but one group became the Blood Elves, adopted light magic, and joined the Horde. Now the remaining High Elves will soon join with Alleria and the Alliance and start adopting Void magic.

It would explain why they use Blood Elf models if they are originally High Elves.

If we're going just by the database this seems unlikely. The CreateScreen entry varies according to faction (alliance is 623712; horde is 623714; neutral panderen pre-choosing are 623716). Void elves and lightforged Draenei have the alliance entry; nightborne and highmountain tauren have the horde entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    If we're going just by the database this seems unlikely. The CreateScreen entry varies according to faction (alliance is 623712; horde is 623714; neutral panderen pre-choosing are 623716). Void elves and lightforged Draenei have the alliance entry; nightborne and highmountain tauren have the horde entry.
    That is certainly disappointing and I hope they have a good narrative to back that up if this comes to pass, but it's interesting that the void and light subraces would be on the same faction

Yup, other stuff from the database file that seems relevant:

Default classes also seem to be set for the 4 "new" races.

Nightborne: Mage
    Highmountain Tauren: Hunter
    Void Elves: Mage
    Lightforged Draenei: Paladin

No surprise there, but this is also set for all known playable races.

They also have a faction set, although this might be more copy paste on Blizzard's part:

Nightborne: PLAYER, Blood Elf
    Highmountain Tauren: PLAYER, Tauren
    Void Elves: PLAYER, Night Elf
    Lightforged Draenei: PLAYER, Draenei

In addition to the character backgrounds that were mentioned in the post above, they also have default low-res faction backgrounds for when the race specific backgrounds haven't been downloaded yet.

Nightborne: ui_horde_lowres
    Highmountain Tauren: ui_horde_lowres
    Void Elves: ui_alliance_lowres
    Lightforged Draenei: ui_alliance_lowres

10+ Year Old Account
    (Poorly phrased) question - do those datafields relate to anything beyond the visuals of the creation screen? i.e. 623714 merely denoting the selection options in the horde banner/half the menu? Complete stretch b/c boredom, just envisioning selecting a race like BElf as normal, then getting a subsequent option opening up to pick Nightborne which doesn't necessarily have faction restrictions, while still being visually positioned under the horde banner in that screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    How cool would it be if we did get a new race, but it was something completely new. Something we've never seen before in current WoW lore. Like a newly discovered race.
    That's likely to happen when we go to other planets, which is why this expansion is likely the last one in 6 years that'll have the chance at introducing one of the fan favorites. So far it seems only Vrykul and Naga are the possible ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    OMG! thats beautiful! is that offical blizzard art or fan art?