Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yup, other stuff from the database file that seems relevant:

Default classes also seem to be set for the 4 "new" races.

Nightborne: Mage
    Highmountain Tauren: Hunter
    Void Elves: Mage
    Lightforged Draenei: Paladin

Wait, what is this "default class"? The one that they jump to when selected from a class they don't have? Not a terribly important detail, but interesting nonetheless that the void elves do not default to priest

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post

Can i be a lil biigger? :< I feel so tiny now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i still want this beautiful bastard. but i doubt it'll ever happen, or even be seen in game.
    an ogre/draenei? no thank you!
    give us REAL ogres instead.

Yup, other stuff from the database file that seems relevant:

Default classes also seem to be set for the 4 "new" races.

No surprise there, but this is also set for all known playable races.

They also have a faction set, although this might be more copy paste on Blizzard's part:

Nightborne: PLAYER, Blood Elf
    Highmountain Tauren: PLAYER, Tauren
    Void Elves: PLAYER, Night Elf
    Lightforged Draenei: PLAYER, Draenei

In addition to the character backgrounds that were mentioned in the post above, they also have default low-res faction backgrounds for when the race specific backgrounds haven't been downloaded yet.

Nightborne: ui_horde_lowres
    Highmountain Tauren: ui_horde_lowres
    Void Elves: ui_alliance_lowres
    Lightforged Draenei: ui_alliance_lowres
    Wait so subraces confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Wait, what is this "default class"? The one that they jump to when selected from a class they don't have? Not a terribly important detail, but interesting nonetheless that the void elves do not default to priest
    I think it's what gets auto selected when you select a race in the character creation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Nope, just adding more information to the pile. Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions as nothing has been proven yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/7NeJ3sQh.jpg
    Yes, and maybe add my lantern if you are not too busy? What's a train without a lantern for the conductor?

Please?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Imma flip my shit if they give Nightborne to the horde, that'd actually be fucking disgusting. I'd expect High Elves for the alliance in that case.

I'm almost getting my hopes up for subraces now. I'd better ground myself so I don't end up disappointed.

Somebody douse me with cynicism!

There would have to be a REALLY good explanation for why Nightborne can't be Alliance. I mean really really good. Like prepatch explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Imma flip my shit if they give Nightborne to the horde, that'd actually be fucking disgusting. I'd expect High Elves for the alliance in that case.
    Blahblah, i'm alllllllll here for being a void elf led by Alleria. It sounds too good to b truuuu *.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    BlHblah, i'm alllllllll HERE for being a void elf led by Alleria. It sounds too good to b truuuu *.*
    But if a void elf is basically just looking like Alleria did in that dungeon, that'd be extremely disappointing.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lleriaVoid.jpg

I feel like she's got no personality in that state

There goes my hype : we're getting subraces probably and no new races. Probably only a few races will get subraces (worgen/pandaren fall out of the boat already).
    I don't want to be a negative nancy but this rly makes my hype leave.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There would have to be a REALLY good explanation for why Nightborne can't be Alliance. I mean really really good. Like prepatch explanation.
    I feel like it makes no sense for any of these races to join a faction when both helped them during the precursor expansion. Hell, horde helps the lightforged during the last major patch before they theoretically become playable?

So, having checked on this, we have found that the database entries are NOT simply copy/pasted from the relating races.

For instance, the Void Elf data is largely based on the Night Elf data, faction and custom options, etc...

But the thing is, while Void Elf flags it's default class as Mage, the default class for Night Elf is Druid.

This implies it is by design and not JUST a shortcut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    If the datamined subraces are actually subraces, then the alliance will get void elves which will most likely be High Elves with an option to switch into a voidform at will Alleria style (a bit like Worgens). It would be actually a good way to give High Elves to alliance without the problem of them being basically BEs with blue eyes.

There goes my hype : we're getting subraces probably and no new races. Probably only a few races will get subraces (worgen/pandaren fall out of the boat already).
    I know how you feel, but we know very little for now, hell these 4 could join during legion for all we know given that they are part of its storyline. Not saying it's likely, but we really have no idea of what is going on right now. Have we ever even had races pop in the DB before being integrated in the game before?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still expect a new class or new race on the side of that. I don't want another WoD where we don't have anything completely new to play.

Nothing is gonna be "confirmed" until blizzcon, but it's definitely getting interesting

Good eye picking that up, rechecked and found out that I am actually entirely wrong on that first answer.
    Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Void Elf and Lightforged Draenei were all added in 7.3. Welp, that shakes things up a bit!
    Yeah was going to point this out. High Mountain Tauren in-game use the native IDs for the Tauren with just the extra customization options. So both the Nightbourne and the HMT entries are unused by their respective NPCs and were only added in 7.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conry View Post
    If the datamined subraces are actually subraces, then the alliance will get void elves which will most likely be High Elves with an option to switch into a voidform at will Alleria style (a bit like Worgens). It would be actually a good way to give High Elves to alliance without the probelm of them being basically BEs with blue eyes.
    Now I'd be behind that idea, Alleria is thiccccccc