Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    But if a void elf is basically just looking like Alleria did in that dungeon, that'd be extremely disappointing.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lleriaVoid.jpg
    I know, i know, it is very bland now with what we see. But with more story + im going to assume that mined gear is their starting armor, i'm sure if subs are added they'll not just be thrown in randomly... I also waited a long time for Alleria and I was scared they were gonna axe her off immediately

EDIT: +++++ blue high elf eyes if based off of her? yes pleassse!
    Last edited by Loreguy126; 2017-10-22 at 12:22 AM.

This actually explains why Lightforged have new hair and horn models. Holy shit, because they're a new race entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yaaassssss subraces. Maybe the Horde can have a non ugly as fuck druid race now.
    This is everything I hope for, but I'm pretty wary about the likelihood that the subraces would simply use their parent race's available classes.

edit - ignore me these are good points:
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I don't see Nightborne being paladins or Void Elves being druids... So I don't know, good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Yeah I don't really see void elf druids being a thing, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 2017-10-22 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    This is everything I hope for, but I'm pretty wary about the likelihood that the subraces would simply use their parent race's available classes.
    I don't see Nightborne being paladins or Void Elves being druids... So I don't know, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yaaassssss subraces. Maybe the Horde can have a non ugly as fuck druid race now.
    Uhhhh did you see any druids in Suramar? It would be High Mountain Tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    Yeah I don't really see void elf druids being a thing, but I could be wrong.

So there goes my dream of naga.. As a worgen player i probs won't get a subrace either...
    This stems the hype for me man..

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    OMG! thats beautiful! is that offical blizzard art or fan art?
    fan made, from an old art contest they had i believe.

I guess this begs the question... would all races get a subrace, or only those four?

I feel like leaving any race out would cause irritation.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    So there goes my dream of naga.. As a worgen player i probs won't get a subrace either...
    This stems the hype for me man..
    You have to hold Blizzard at a higher quality, you shouldn't hope for a race along with the sub races, you should expect it. It'd be incredibly lazy of them to just update the current ones (I know it's a lot of work, but not nearly as much as updating the models in WoD) and not add a new race.

I'm personally expecting a dragonkin race (Think Halloween Symmetra) or Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I guess this begs the question... would all races get a subrace, or only those four?

I'd bet these "sub-races" get their own race button in char creation and there will be nothing explicitly linking them to another race.

10+ Year Old Account

There would be irritation I bet. Some races are hard to give a sub/alternative option.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    "Keep in mind this is all speculation based on datamining - this could simply be a new way of categorizing data."

Those skinless void elves look great, though.

I think we'll only get 4 this expansion. They may branch out later if it suits them. Remember that they delayed draenei/belf model updates because of time constraints, and warlock etc. new animations because they're not ready yet. Realism > people getting mad seems to be their approach for these things.
    Last edited by Myrrh; 2017-10-22 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    You have to hold Blizzard at a higher quality, you shouldn't hope for a race along with the sub races, you should expect it. It'd be incredibly lazy of them to just update the current ones (I know it's a lot of work, but not nearly as much as updating the models in WoD) and not add a new race.

I'm personally expecting a dragonkin race (Think Halloween Symmetra) or Naga.
    No if we get subraces we won't get new race which sadens me.
    I love worgen, the lore, the personality but i dislike looking so bad because my model is still old and terrible.
    Now even if we get subraces, some races won't get subraces (think : worgen and pandaren)
    I wanted naga so bad and this next expansion seemed like THE perfect moment for them to become playable but now that these subraces are confirmed we probably won't get a new race

If they really play up the fact that Blood Elves have graduated from being fel oriented to being LIGHT oriented, the inclusion of "void elves" would make perfect sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    no as written its still speculation....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    No if we get subraces we won't get new race which sadens me.
    I love worgen, the lore, the personality but i dislike looking so bad because my model is still old and terrible.
    Now even if we get subraces, some races won't get subraces (think : worgen and pandaren)
    I wanted naga so bad and this next expansion seemed like THE perfect moment for them to become playable but now that these subraces are confirmed we probably won't get a new race
    They aren't confirmed, though. Also, the fact that they mentioned goblin and worgen models recently suggests their models won't be ugly for long

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    So, having checked on this, we have found that the database entries are NOT simply copy/pasted from the relating races.

For instance, the Void Elf data is largely based on the Night Elf data, faction and custom options, etc...

But the thing is, while Void Elf flags it's default class as Mage, the default class for Night Elf is Druid.

This implies it is by design and not JUST a shortcut.
    There can be another implication here too. Subraces might be not able to be all classes they stem from. ie Void elves can't be druids probably. Would make sense since high elves can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    They aren't confirmed, though. Also, the fact that they mentioned goblin and worgen models recently suggests their models won't be ugly for long
    Even Genns updated worgen form from the cinematic was kinda meh.