To think there would come a day where the Horde has Night Elves. What has this world come to?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    There goes my hype : we're getting subraces probably and no new races. Probably only a few races will get subraces (worgen/pandaren fall out of the boat already).
    I don't want to be a negative nancy but this rly makes my hype leave.
    Actually, based on the choices, I would imagine you'd see additional customization for most races. So in addition to this you would get the 'minor' subraces (Dark Irons, Eredar, Mag'har, Sand trolls, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Did you miss the entire quest line about using druidic powers to restore the Nightborne from their diminished forms?
    Not to mention the high botanist tel'arn. A blend of nature and arcane. Reminds me of the bottanist in the botanica. Druid bloodelf/nightborne would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    There can be another implication here too. Subraces might be not able to be all classes they stem from. ie Void elves can't be druids probably. Would make sense since high elves can't be.
    i hope this is the case, that way they could just have broken as a draenei subrace, because i honestly don't feel like it deserves to be its own race.

they wouldn't be able to be priests or paladins.

Four new subraces, three of them being popular races (elves and draenei) make perfect sense. Coupled with updated goblins and worgen that would be enough for Blizzard to call it a day.

Even Genns updated worgen form from the cinematic was kinda meh.
    I wouldn't even call that an upgraded form, at most it was comparable to Garrosh' upgraded model in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    There can be another implication here too. Subraces might be not able to be all classes they stem from. ie Void elves can't be druids probably. Would make sense since high elves can't be.
    That wasn't my point at all... >_>

Many were saying that MAYBE the data was just copy pasted from the other races and that's why it wasn't just 0s across the board.

What I showed there is that they are DIFFERENT from their parent race. This makes it less likely they were done as a shortcut and shows it was at least partially intentional on Blizz's part.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I wouldn't even call that an upgraded form, at most it was comparable to Garrosh' upgraded model in cata.
    It was officially announced as an update i believe. To me he just looked abit fluffier.. I DID like the eyes alot, the glowy effect made me think "THAT'S improvement"

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hope this is the case, that way they could just have broken as a draenei subrace, because i honestly don't feel like it deserves to be its own race.

they wouldn't be able to be priests or paladins.
    Pretty sure there are Broken shadow priests around.

You mean the model that served as the baseline for the new Orc models?

I'd rather have Khadgar as a subrace than more elves too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of, Garrosh's model pre SoO was................well his face was psychotic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

This one i believe

Seeing some here are running with this as "subraces confirmed", do remember this is all still speculation. There could be reasons Blizzard is doing this for that we're not aware of. I'm sure we'll keep on digging and there might be stuff that goes against the stuff the thread found today. Keep an open mind and don't treat anything as confirmed until it literally pops up on a giant screen at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pretty sure there are Broken shadow priests around.
    there are.

but unlike with undead, broken cannot access the light at all. they're completely severed from it.

undead just hurt, but they can still access the light.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You think the one in the middle reflects what our orcs look like today with their new models?

Hi. Is this the station where I get on the hype train?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Seeing some here are running with this as "subraces confirmed", do remember this is all still speculation. There could be reasons Blizzard is doing this for that we're not aware of. I'm sure we'll keep on digging and there might be stuff that goes against the stuff the thread found today. Keep an open mind and don't treat anything as confirmed until it literally pops up on a giant screen at BlizzCon.
    I want to believe... in playable naga

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Hi. Is this the station where I get on the hype train?
    Hello friend, i am your conductor, would you like a ticket to "2weeksofhellandhype-town"?

I'd rather have Khadgar as a subrace than more elves too!
    I'd play a box provided it has his voice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Wooo I contributed something! Also I just got on my rogue and confirmed what an earlier poster wrote, that using glyph of disguise and pickpocketing a nightborne does NOT change your tooltip race to nightborne, while pickpocketing a vrykul does change your tooltip race to vrykul.

Edit: the only hostile highmountain tauren I could remember were the feltotem ones. I tried pickpocketing them and my tooltip race did not change. If anyone remembers a hostile, non-fel highmountain tauren I could test this on please let me know.
    You can find hostile hm tauren in Stormheim, where they are trying to get access to the tests of Valor.

When you copy a HM Tauren appearance, it just says "tauren" in the tooltip. Their model is not unique, it's just the standard tauren model with new horns and skins. Check out this post I made a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    That wasn't my point at all... >_>

Many were saying that MAYBE the data was just copy pasted from the other races and that's why it wasn't just 0s across the board.

What I showed there is that they are DIFFERENT from their parent race. This makes it less likely they were done as a shortcut and shows it was at least partially intentional on Blizz's part.
    I know, it was more my own personal point. Yes it shows they are different from their parent race but why is void elf like that? I am sure both Nightborne and Blood elf share mage as their race (I mean i could be wrong on blood elf but mage seems likely). So a theory on the reason the class is different is that they are incompatible.

I have no hard evidene of course but I think its a sound theory in consideration of Nightborne/blood elf and the lore of high elves (who presumaby become void elves).

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Edit: the only hostile highmountain tauren I could remember were the feltotem ones. I tried pickpocketing them and my tooltip race did not change. If anyone remembers a hostile, non-fel highmountain tauren I could test this on please let me know.
    Tenpak Flametotem
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2017-10-22 at 12:52 AM.