7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly it feels like they are trolling people who like high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

That never happened, you would glide down.
    Yes, which is why I said you end up falling forever, not falling to your death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No they HAVENT confirmed flying they are DOGING the question in EVERY q&a hoping noone notice (again) that they try to get rid of it (again)....
    Think they said in the Tradechat they like how it turned out in legion and if needed they can adjust it to come at an earlier point. Still wouldn't mind no flying either (even if I am on team pro flight)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    I do like the idea behind this expansion but I really want to know more.
    I don't like how vague they are being.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I guess I'm at the other side of that. Since the alternative would be no flight at all (like in the beginning of wod). So I'd rather have flying for content that is no longer as relevant so I can get it done faster. I really enjoyed the first 7-8 months of Legion on the ground. The whistle and flight paths were really useful.
    Why are you saying that the alternative is no flight at all??? Why are you choosing between flight being unlocked almost a year after launch and not having it at all? They could, you know, make it available from the beginning as long as you complete the Pathfinder, no? That was the declared purpose of the Pathfinder, too, incidentally.

@Shadochi Congratulations by the way my friend! You became the Shitposter (#1).

"It all just disappears doesn't it? Everything you shitpost, gone in a moment like breath on a mirror. Any moment now, he’s a coming, The Shitposter."
    "But you are the Shitposter!"
    "Yes, and I always will be. But times change and so must I. We all change, when you think about it. We are all different shitposters all through our lives and that's okay, that's good you've got to keep moving so long as you remember all the shitposters that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one shitpost, I swear. I will always remember when The Shitposter was me..."

Long live Shadochi, the new #1 Shitposter of this thread!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Why are you saying that the alternative is no flight at all??? Why are you choosing between flight being unlocked almost a year after launch and not having it at all? They could, you know, make it available from the beginning as long as you complete the Pathfinder, no? That was the declared purpose of the Pathfinder, too, incidentally.
    Because they added pathfinder as a compromise because they wanted no flight at all and the players wanted flight. (Warlords sometime in 6.2)

Honestly at some point I'd like them to try and make 1-2 zones that are created with flight in mind. Doing that for an entire expansion would be boring since it would limit level design so much but you can certainly create a patch zone that is made to be played with flight.
    Storm Peaks were a blast. And they felt like actual mountain ranges. I loved that zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

"It all just disappears doesn't it? Everything you shitpost, gone in a moment like breath on a mirror. Any moment now, he’s a coming, The Shitposter."
    "Yes, and I always will be. But times change and so must I. We all change, when you think about it. We are all different shitposters all through our lives and that's okay, that's good you've got to keep moving so long as you remember all the shitposters that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one shitpost, I swear. I will always remember when The Shitposter was me...

Awwww, that speech (rework) is so touching <3

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Storm Peaks were a blast. And they felt like actual mountain ranges. I loved that zone.
    So did I! It was good to have a more challenging geography.

7+ Year Old Account
    It happened some hours before the expansion ceremony btw
    We all had so much fun that we didn't notice

It happened some hours before the expansion ceremony btw
    I know, I was waiting for today because I didn't want that post to get lost in the flow hehe!

Deleted

"Yes, and I always will be. But times change and so must I. We all change, when you think about it. We are all different shitposters all through our lives and that's okay, that's good you've got to keep moving so long as you remember all the shitposters that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one shitpost, I swear. I will always remember when The Shitposter was me...

Why did you post that
    I miss 11 so much.
    Raggedy man ;_;

What happened to Bjoramier, by the way?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a moment to repost this beautiful poem from Thursday morning!

- - - Updated - - -

Banned as always

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Why did you post that
    I miss 11 so much.
    Raggedy man ;_;
    I know man, I know.

--

Back to the main topic, I can't wait to visit Kul Tiras (loved the vibe there, it's like a mix of the Witcher, Brittany, Scotland, so many different inspirations) and Zandalar! I've been dreaming of visiting Zandalar since I started WoW in 2007 so hopefully I'll have an amazing time in Zuldazar hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Because they added pathfinder as a compromise because they wanted no flight at all and the players wanted flight. (Warlords sometime in 6.2)
    They added it as a compromise of "you do quests / explore content like we want you to the first few times to give the content justice, and then you can fly over it if you want" and then they made impossible to get flying until almost a year into the expansion. That tiny detail that they forgot to discuss during establishing "the compromise" kind of destroyed that compromise. Because sure, I am fine doing quests / exploring content on the ground the first few times, but the stupid time gate forces me to do this on the ground the first hundred times, which is, you know, a bit more.

He's back among us!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They added it as a compromise of "you do quests / explore content like we want you to the first few times to give the content justice, and then you can fly over it if you want" and then they made impossible to get flying until almost a year into the expansion. That tiny detail that they forgot to discuss during establishing "the compromise" kind of destroyed that compromise. Because sure, I am fine doing quests / exploring content on the ground the first few times, but the stupid time gate forces me to do this on the ground the first hundred times, which is, you know, a bit more.
    Again, guess we just have different opinions about this.

Since I enjoy going through the stuff on foot, but by the time I start leveling my 4-5th alt and others it gets boring. And for me flying is more of a QoL feature for alts.

Storm Peaks were more like: You need epic flight to travel through them because the terrain is unforgiving and the quest flow has you pinging to the opposite edge of the map and back all the time.

I was thinking something different. E.g. this is what I'd have done with Antoran Wastes. Barren featureless landmasses suspend above the core of the world with empty chasms between them; cannons that can knock you to death between the chasms, the surface areas literally filled with lesser demons. On a few spots of the surface and hanging all over the cliff face, paths and entrances to underground areas that are essentially the questing areas of the zone. If you know D&D, think of Nessus in the Nine Hells.
    What you described is pretty much Icecrown, except the cannons that shoot you down. We had that in Ogri'la and people hated that.

Deleted
    I know man, I know.

--

Back to the main topic, I can't wait to visit Kul Tiras (loved the vibe there, it's like a mix of the Witcher, Brittany, Scotland, so many different inspirations) and Zandalar! I've been dreaming of visiting Zandalar since I started WoW in 2007 so hopefully I'll have an amazing time in Zuldazar hehehe!
    And soon I have to say goodbye to the grumpy grandad ;_;

-

But yeah. The Kul'tiras vibe is cool. I was worried it would be like the Iron Islands in GoT. Just a lot of rocks and damp/wet environments. Zandalar looks fucking dope too. Gonna have to make a Alli and Horde char to expirience both.

I really can't wait for the new Hakkar model.

Sad that he has to go in the first raid, but still, nice that he is making a comeback.