7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    its an ankloturtle not an anklyosaur
    there is nothing of a turtle in that, you guys have serious problem with anatomy

just like how its a crocolisk not a crocodile.
    its an anklyosaur but not like the real ones, like crocolisks are not like real crocodiles

the ankloturtle has a tail.
    the anklyosaur, who have nothing about turtles, does have a tail, but i said a long one

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Uldum did have a complete questline. Harrison jones is part of it. He's not some pop culture reference he's a canon in lore character. He might be based heavily on an existing character outside the franchise but who isnt? Most movies these days are remakes of movies from the 50s which are remakes of movies from the 30s which are remakes of plays from the 20s. Game of Thrones is a bad remake of A song of ice and fire which is a bad remake of the War of the Roses or whatever its called
    He is canon AND mainly a huge pop culture reference in Uldum, they straight out copied scenes from Indiana Jones (big oaf getting killed by an airscrew, hiding from the explosion in the fridge/chest etc.). I personally didn't mind that, tomb exploring was cool. What I did mind though was the amount of cutscenes and phasing in the zone.

I'd love to see a mop style legendary questline. Really enjoyed doing this =]

Uldum had a large lore gap/inconsistency. In the Lost City of the Tol’vir dungeon, it describes how the Tol’vir rebelled against Deathwing and Siamat, Lord of the South Winds.

That was never covered in any quests in the zone and is completely out of left field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The issue with Uldum is not the long and imo boring rendition of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc. It's that we got that in place of actual lore. The Tol'vir part of the zone was very limited, they were not at all represented guarding the old tombs, we did not see if they had any memory of their titanforged past, their relationship with the remaining Titanforged (who probably served Ra the same way Helya served Odyn), the relationship with neighbouring Ahn-Qiraj, the actual meaning of each of those tombs and what on Azeroth that Arc that made that entire delta flourish actually was meant to do. Instead of exploring the lore of a zone that we later learned was so very aimportant in the history of the world, we got goblin nazis. And they did not even have sexy uniforms!
    And this too:

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Cata, I feel like the story for multiple of the zones assumed that the player knew a lot about existing lore. I remember not having a clue of the importance of the Wild Gods in Hyjal or what was going on with the Tol’vir.

It’s hard to really put myself in the shoes of someone is not familiar with WoW lore now but I feel like BfA does a good job of introducing its lore. Drustvar and Tiragarde Sound are both essentially brand new lore with next to zero ties with previous lore and I think it’s presented quite well. Everything is explained well.

In Nazmir I think the Loa are introduced well and you don’t need to know anything about the Loa previously to see their power and importance. G’huun and the Blood Trolls also I feel like you don’t really need to know anything about Old Gods or Titans to make them feel worthy as the first raid of the xpac.

Zuldazar’s lore with Rastakhan and Zul I thought was introduced well. You don’t really need to know about Zul’s past lengthy history for his character to be built up as his betrayal is built up solely in BfA essentially. Rest of the zone is nearly brand new. Most of the Loa and other characters are brand new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uldum was nice in theory but executed pretty badly, it had a bit too much emphasis on Harrison Jones and I think the entire Al'akir and Tol'vir storyline could have been done a bit better. I also think Throne of the Four Winds should have been bigger than a two boss raid, as well as Halls of Origination being expanded upon and turned into a raid (would have been perfect as an intro raid imo and would have fit the Uldum theme pretty well, or what people originally thought it was supposed to be).

Also another expansion wide quest line for legendaries will be awful. They'll (probably) never do it again but I'd love to see them create legendary quest lines like they had in WOTLK and Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Uldum was nice in theory but executed pretty badly, it had a bit too much emphasis on Harrison Jones and I think the entire Al'akir and Tol'vir storyline could have been done a bit better. I also think Throne of the Four Winds should have been bigger than a two boss raid, as well as Halls of Origination being expanded upon and turned into a raid (would have been perfect as an intro raid imo and would have fit the Uldum theme pretty well, or what people originally thought it was supposed to be).

Also another expansion wide quest line for legendaries will be awful. They'll (probably) never do it again but I'd love to see them create legendary quest lines like they had in WOTLK and Cataclysm.
    I went passed Uldum the other day, memories came back. It was at the time for me personally enjoyable(I enjoy pop culture references) but truthfully it could used more lore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So. New build later today? What do y'all think? What do you wanna see?

I want to see heritage armor for kultirans or druid forms. Also coats added as leather/mail dungeon drops.

More dungeons unlocked. And possibly more complete dungeon journals so we can get more lore around some of the more obscure ones like the Underrot

i want to see more alpha invites going out =P

I want to see the Heart of Azeroth system..

I want the last two zones unlocked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone available to give me a quick status on Priest in the alpha (fun/usefulness)? Priest and monk are the only classes I haven't hit 110 on, and I'm still trying to decide on a main for BFA. Thanks in advance!

Hopefully another eventful build today. Looking forward to more Kul Tiran druid forms being revealed.

Also hopefully another wave of invites. (Don't forget me please Blizzard, I am Anroka-Moonglade EU)

For those actually in the Alpha, how far along are they with adding doodads to everything? Are a lot of village buildings still mostly empty, or is the furnishing progressed well? I've been a big fan of the added decorations in recent expansions. Suramar was especially awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Hopefully another eventful build today. Looking forward to more Kul Tiran druid forms being revealed.

Also hopefully another wave of invites. (Don't forget me please Blizzard, I am Anroka-Moonglade EU)

For those actually in the Alpha, how far along are they with adding doodads to everything? Are a lot of village buildings still mostly empty, or is the furnishing progressed well? I've been a big fan of the added decorations in recent expansions. Suramar was especially awesome.
    Yes more druid forms please! And I love it too, it makes it quite jarring to look at older towns/cities/homes and see pretty much nothing inside them when Blizz has gotten so good at making places look lived in and liveable.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I’d be surprised now if there wasn’t a new build today since they gave us an update for island expeditions of what to expect in the next build.

how long do you think we have until its beta? I mean I love alpha and all but the simple bugs like quests still showing in your quest log after you complete them until /reload are getting little bit on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    how long do you think we have until its beta? I mean I love alpha and all but the simple bugs like quests still showing in your quest log after you complete them until /reload are getting little bit on my nerves.
    And you think those bugs just magically vanish when it switches to beta?

I don't see the relation there at all, the bugs could be fixed in the next alpha push, or they could remain until late in beta or maybe even to live (although something fundamentally related to quests is probably fixed before live - then again I don't think I have seen that bug myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Aren't we already in Beta? Ion called it Beta on the last Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    And you think those bugs just magically vanish when it switches to beta?

I don't see the relation there at all, the bugs could be fixed in the next alpha push, or they could remain until late in beta or maybe even to live (although something fundamentally related to quests is probably fixed before live - then again I don't think I have seen that bug myself)
    I would think UI bugs are bugs that have something to do with database coding. Those are pretty major things compared to some bosses being silly and skipping ability or some quest items that you cant interact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Aren't we already in Beta? Ion called it Beta on the last Q&A.
    So I guess we are getting beta soon.