Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

[B]There's a 95% chance I will un-sub again after experiencing the leveling. Because the CORE GAMEPLAY is so god damn lacking it's hilarious. You watch - thousands of others will too once they realize. Maybe they'll fix it, maybe they won't.
    Dude, you obviously don't like the game. Why waste your time trying to argue with people even though you still intend to play BFA when it releases. Go do something else that interests your tastes. No point in staying if it's not for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    An MMO-Champ thread derailing? Wow much shocking.
    I'll take a discussion about the actual game and class design than seeing another recycled argument involving the same 3 people about sylvanas and anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I'll take a discussion about the actual game and class design than seeing another recycled argument involving the same 3 people about sylvanas and anduin
    I’ll take positive discussion over the cancerous less-than-monkey-brained talk that the last few pages have been please. Then again, it is a gaming community so that’s wishful thinking...

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a ban sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's positives and negatives with everything champ. That's life.

Sadly with this expansion the negatives are far outweighing the positives. Because the negatives are core gameplay components.
    That's your opinion. Thank god not everyone is as negative as you. Perhaps if you change your attitude a bit people might consider what you have to inject instead of the insults you are constantly throwing. I enjoy reading differing opinions and remain open to them. But when someone is nothing but doom and gloom it's really hard to do anything but roll your eyes when they post. Try a Snickers...you might be surprised.

Man, a lot of new pages to the thread. I thought there might actually be some news I missed.

I can't believe people on both sides continue to try and win arguments by painting the other side as dumber, and so worthy of 0 consideration.

Firstly, that's not how things work. We're discussing a game, not building rockets. It's not like you need to be a super genius here. But even if we lived in a magical universe where how much your opinion mattered was based on your IQ, it wouldn't work out that way. Someone with 100 IQ points would still have an opinion 80% as valid as someone with 125. 1/5th more chance of having a more valid opinion certainly shouldn't validate you dismissing all other opinions. That would be stupid.

Arguing the intelligence of another just shows you can't argue without resorting to personal attacks or making some vague appeal to authority. It's anathema to discussion, as you are not actually refuting the arguments. You're not contributing anything by it.

I think this thread is full of intelligent people. Plenty of which I do not like. And they are on both the pro- and anti- Blizzard side. In the end, we are discussing perspectives. Intelligence has little impact on that. We are shaped by our peers, our experiences, our likes and our surroundings. And then we also add a mask of anonymity over it for good measure. And added to that, intelligence is not at all preventative of doing crazy things. In most cases, quite the opposite.

With that rant done, I do think there are those here that are devoted to unhealthy behavior. Beyond the trying to degrade their ideological adversaries just mentioned.
    For example those that are here, that appear to hate the game. There could be many reasons for sticking around despite your words indicating such hatred.

1. You are a pessimist and complainer. Spewing out negativity is the easiest form of conversation. But below that mask, you are a fan nonetheless. Devoted to WoW because you still draw a lot of joy from it, and secretly engage with the game and community with the same fervor of the "fanboys".

2. You like attention. You get your joy from saying things some people will find controversial. And the best reaction is gotten from the white knights, because stomping something another loves brings the most passionate responses.

3. You want to belong. You've gotten to know this place, and want to be found cool by your peers. And the "cool kids" are the rebels that hate on everything.

4. You enjoy chaos. Through adversity we grow. You take great joy in challenging people on anything. By provoking opposing viewpoints, you seek to shape and strengthen your own.

5. You are a rageaholic. It doesn't matter how strongly you feel about an issue. Any chance you get to complain about something, you go for. You take satisfaction and pleasure, whenever you can spread negativity, and will leap at any opportunity to give a negative opinion.

6. You are an addict. You have truly soured on WoW and its fans, but you can't escape its iron talons, continuing to devote large portions of your life to something you have come to despise.

There's more reasons. And I won't say who I think is which. Especially as they can also easily overlaps. But I think a lot of people here are actually fans, pretending to be haters. I am addicted to WoW. But I grew tired of it too. At the end of Classic I was growing less enthusiastic about WoW. So I quit. Played other games. Didn't check fansites. Didn't waste any time on this game. Didn't stay up to date at all on WoW, until Wrath drew me back. I didn't hate WoW, just grew colder towards it for a while. And if it happens again, I will quit again, I would leave these forums again too.

You would have to be really really addicted to actually hate WoW and yet devote so much of your life to it as you see most of the haters here do. Life is precious, and often short. And there's so many other things to enjoy. Sure, one or two of us here may truly despise WoW and just be obsessed bordering on insanity. But overall we here love it. We are here because we are fans. So I tend to take all the negativity, insulting and mockery flung about here with a grain of salt. A lot of it isn't real, but a social game we play. Even if it's not a game I enjoy.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2018-06-21 at 02:36 AM.

Blizz will probably just end up doing big class/talent tree overhauls in the expansion after BfA and sell it as a "renaissance" for class design. It's not all that bad of a business model if you think about it. Blizz knows that BFA class design can be a little lackluster cause enough people will buy the expansion or stay subbed though it all anyway. And then the next expansion looks more impressive because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Man, a lot of new pages to the thread. I thought there might actually be some news I missed.

I can't believe people on both sides continue to try and win arguments by painting the other side as dumber, and so worthy of 0 consideration.

Firstly, that's not how things work. We're discussing a game, not building rockets. It's not like you need to be a super genius here. But even if we lived in a magical universe where how much your opinion mattered was based on your IQ, it wouldn't work out that way. Someone with 100 IQ points would still have an opinion 80% as valid as someone with 125. 1/5th more chance of having a more valid opinion certainly shouldn't validate you dismissing all other opinions. That would be stupid.

Arguing the intelligence of another just shows you can't argue without resorting to personal attacks or making some vague appeal to authority. It's anathema to discussion, as you are not actually refuting the arguments. You're not contributing anything by it.

I think this thread is full of intelligent people. Plenty of which I do not like. And they are on both the pro- and anti- Blizzard side. In the end, we are discussing perspectives. Intelligence has little impact on that. We are shaped by our peers, our experiences, our likes and our surroundings. And then we also add a mask of anonymity over it for good measure. And added to that, intelligence is not at all preventative of doing crazy things. In most cases, quite the opposite.

With that rant done, I do think there are those here that are devoted to unhealthy behavior. Beyond the trying to degrade their ideological adversaries just mentioned.
    For example those that are here, that appear to hate the game. There could be many reasons for sticking around despite your words indicating such hatred.

1. You are a pessimist and complainer. Spewing out negativity is the easiest form of conversation. But below that mask, you are a fan nonetheless. Devoted to WoW because you still draw a lot of joy from it, and secretly engage with the game and community with the same fervor of the "fanboys".

2. You like attention. You get your joy from saying things some people will find controversial. And the best reaction is gotten from the white knights, because stomping something another loves brings the most passionate responses.

3. You want to belong. You've gotten to know this place, and want to be found cool by your peers. And the "cool kids" are the rebels that hate on everything.

4. You enjoy chaos. Through adversity we grow. You take great joy in challenging people on anything. By provoking opposing viewpoints, you seek to shape and strengthen your own.

5. You are a rageaholic. It doesn't matter how strongly you feel about an issue. Any chance you get to complain about something, you go for. You take satisfaction and pleasure, whenever you can spread negativity, and will leap at any opportunity to give a negative opinion.

6. You are an addict. You have truly soured on WoW and its fans, but you can't escape its iron talons, continuing to devote large portions of your life to something you have come to despise.

There's more reasons. And I won't say who I think is which. Especially as they can also easily overlaps. But I think a lot of people here are actually fans, pretending to be haters. I am addicted to WoW. But I grew tired of it too. At the end of Classic I was growing less enthusiastic about WoW. So I quit. Played other games. Didn't check fansites. Didn't waste any time on this game. Didn't stay up to date at all on WoW, until Wrath drew me back. I didn't hate WoW, just grew colder towards it for a while. And if it happens again, I quit again, I will leave these forums again too.

You would have to be really really addicted to actually hate WoW and yet devote so much of your life to it as you see most of the haters here do. Life is precious, and often short. And there's so many other things to enjoy. Sure, one or two of us here may truly despise WoW and just be obsessed bordering on insanity. But overall we here love it. We are here because we are fans. So I tend to take all the negativity, insulting and mockery flung about here with a grain of salt. A lot of it isn't real, but a social game we play. Even if it's not a game I enjoy.
    *pops into thread*
    well said
    given the threads responses to all kind of things though

Insults? I haven't thrown anyway - I'd be banned if I did.

I merely shut down a person who called anyone who says a negative thing about his favourite game "dumb/morons". He then vainly attempted to throw around his own self worth and perceived intelligence.
    You do realize that an insult isn't necessarily always directly calling someone a moron or some other derogatory name, right? From most of your posts that I've seen, anyone who doesn't agree with your opinions (and yes, they are opinions) on the current state of the beta, be it content/class design/whatever, they get some form of insult from you.

You've called them addicts, you've called them white knights, you've even called them derogatory names like idiots. Refusing to acknowledge that there is a differing opinion and continuing to push that your perception of the game is FACT is an insult. You're belittling their opinion.

I agree with some of what you say, I disagree with some other parts of it. But even you have to admit that you're overwhelmingly negative, and it's not just everyone else being wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its about time, they must remove shamans form game to release these players from eternal suffering.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    To be fair, those are entirely different departments handling that kind of stuff. Texture artists can't really do anything about that, for all we know they're hella bored.
    If the texure artists aree so bored maybe they can retouch up the mountains of Zandalar...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By the way, this reminds me.

They have been working on their internal project and I think there were some rumors / hints about it arriving this year. We still don't know what it is, most likely it is a mobile title. But if that's Warcraft IV, I'd take it happily. Even if it is just a reskin of Starcraft 2: same engine with a few minor adjustments (like, being able to handle much larger maps, something like that) and several big new campaigns in the Warcraft universe.
    If its happenging I'm betting Q1 next year during a down time for releases. Announced at Blizzcon. Beta testing for it December. March release.

The Horde and Alliance suck ass...

N'zoth for life. Zal'glxncnmegbfdvsdbrtefds...

(Translation: OOF!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If the texure artists aree so bored maybe they can retouch up the mountains of Zandalar...

- - - Updated - - -

If its happenging I'm betting Q1 next year during a down time for releases. Announced at Blizzcon. Beta testing for it December. March release.
    I think the mountains are exactly how they want them to look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've heard that something Warcraft (not WoW) related is coming, though I'm somewhat assuming (not based on anything in particular) it is just WC3 Remastered.
    Warcraft game like Skyrim. New series. each game set on a continent/chunk of continent. First game set in Southern Eastern Kingdoms. Stops at Thandrel Span Wetlands all the way down to Stranglethorn. Next game will be set in the sub continent of Lordaeron so Arathi up to Silvermoon etc.

I think we can all agree the budged for BFA is not as nearly as big the one for legion. I cant believe the same guys that made legion made BFA. I just can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Warcraft 4 to have a noticeable time skip. Say 100 years in the future. Certain key characters are still around like Velen, Anduin, but old and kept alive longer by his devotion to the light. Maybe Khadgar but hes the Medivh of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I think we can all agree the budged for BFA is not as nearly as big the one for legion. I cant believe the same guys that made legion made BFA. I just can't.
    I dunno if it is about budget, but more about time availability to work on it. They had tons of time since WoD was a sinking ship, but may have not spent the same amount of time on BfA since they still were working on things for Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same team, same kind of "budget" whatever that means. I just don't know what people expected in terms of features.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's the same team, same kind of "budget" whatever that means. I just don't know what people expected in terms of features.
    Do you realize the absurd amount of content legion shipped with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you realize the absurd amount of content legion shipped with?
    If you're a big alt person yeah there was a lot but if you didn't have many characters to focus on you missed out and the content was split in several directions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi