Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I feel like that tweet actually means it WILL be on the 17th. No need for a "reminder" to BUY NOW if it was coming 24th.
    Sigh, same story repeats before every pre-patch. They plan it for 17th and will annouce it last minute. This is in case something would fuck up and they would have to delay it from 17th to 24th (or they already did it from 10th to 17th, heh) - so they wouldn't have to deal with angry monk.. I mean constructive critics on forums.

well they announced it 11 days prior for legion pre patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Texture View Post
    well they announced it 11 days prior for legion pre patch.
    Why lie about something so easy to look up? and such a specific number too.. It was 4 days.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=254192/...rrives-july-19

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsno View Post
    Why lie about something so easy to look up? and such a specific number too.. It was 4 days.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=254192/...rrives-july-19
    It's because of an, I assume, edited news post from 11 days before. They often say Prepatch coming soon! and when they announce the dates, edit the news post to say Prepatch coming July 19!

can't post links since i don't have the post count, but someone in ret discord linked it and it was from July 8th

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already posted the official Blizzard links before, and yup, 11 days.

(https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20176411 / https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...patch-now-live)

Announcement : July 8th
    Released : July 19th
    Last edited by Valysar; 2018-07-12 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post

(https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20176411 / https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...patch-now-live)
    Except as others have mentioned, Blizzard has a history of editing their "soon" posts to add an exact date in a bit later, so going by fansites that copy such an announcement usually within a few hours is probably more accurate to get a date from years ago.

Read the wowhead post linked above and all the people outraged from a 4 day notice =p
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-07-12 at 10:01 PM.

Announcement : July 8th
    Released : July 19th
    That's an edited news post from "soon" to the date, every "news outlet" has it being officially announced the 15th.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Anytime a non white/cis/male (white or the main race in the universe) is not the "main" character, you'll have people bitching and crying "SJW".

Funny.
    There's actually a reason for this. Predominately in media (probably for more than the past hundred years or so) the main protagonists or characters are white men, or at least men. People have grown accustomed to this, especially those who feel they are being represented. Thus, when other groups finally get a chance to be represented, and the previous majority is slightly less of majority, they feel as if they're being marginalized and no longer catered to.

It's a psychological thing, y'know? It takes a lot of introspection and awareness to understand that you're not really getting screwed over, it's just that a small amount of resources and creativity dedicated to your group is being diverted to other groups who never had it even remotely close to as good as you have it.

Yeah.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-07-12 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Except as others have mentioned, Blizzard has a history of editing their "soon" posts to add an exact date in a bit later, so going by fansites that copy such an announcement usually within a few hours is probably more accurate to get a date from years ago.
    Oh really ? Sneaky Blizzard... ^^

Oh really ? Sneaky Blizzard... ^^
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hlight=July+19

Even the post from MMO champ, yup, the news post was edited

The original news post https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...s-nearly-here/
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-07-12 at 10:06 PM.

I really don't care if the characters are male or female, but it does bother me when some narrative device or character feels forced.

It's a bit strange that so many leader characters introduced recently have been female (just to name a few: Talyssra, Mayla, Geyah'ra, Talanji), but it still hasn't felt forced to me because there are still male characters doing stuff, and none of the females feel particularly forced into their position, so I'm fine with them.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    when other groups finally get a chance to be represented, and the previous majority is slightly less of majority, they feel as if they're being marginalized and no longer catered to.
    yeah, but the problem is they are forcing this, its not going on naturally, they ar clearly forcing

the maghar leader prove that, they kill grom and durotar for her, and prob will kill rasthakan, bullcrap

vol'jini dying for sylvanas too, but this will cause a huge shitstorm so leave aside

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hlight=July+19

Even the post from MMO champ, yup, the news post was edited

The original news post https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...s-nearly-here/
    17th is still highly possible, but each day without a confirmation lowers that. On the other hand if it is the week after then the event will feel less drawn out.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, but the problem is they are forcing this, its not going on naturally, they ar clearly forcing

the maghar leader prove that, they kill grom and durotar for her, and prob will kill rasthakan, bullcrap

vol'jini dying for sylvanas too, but this will cause a huge shitstorm so leave aside
    If it were men killing women, would that be forced?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?

10+ Year Old Account

Kul'Tiras is lead by Jaina's family and Sylvanas is the leader of the horde

but yeah Blizzard is definitely forcing them air time

some of you guys itt are super yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If it were men killing women, would that be forced?
    it would not be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Kul'Tiras is lead by Jaina's family and Sylvanas is the leader of the horde

but yeah Blizzard is definitely forcing them air time

some of you guys itt are super yikes
    what, are you even trying?

How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?
    they kill all the "main" mans of those orcs, and conveniently, after all those new introduced female leaders, we got what? another female leader, even grom son is an enemy....what a coincidence

but what can i say, im a rly suspicious guy

indeed.

the only reason why so many women are replacing men in media is because All the roles were men already.

When you have more than anyone else, equality feels like its taking away.

Not to mention the fact that the Alliance is still being lead by Genn, Anduin, Mathias, Malfurion, the two major heroes that will probably rule the Horde after this are Saurfang and Baine bloodhoof.

the only thing "forced" is the rare weirdos bending over backwards to say there is 'forced diversity"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    ok, patch next week... Muffinus that informs us to consume the tokens NOW, I would say that is a confirmation! ^^;

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
    Reminder: if you have pet battle charms and need levelling stones and other consumables, BUY THEM NOW.
    Many things will not be available for purchase with that currency when pre-patch goes live!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat