1. #102121
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    I've already posted the official Blizzard links before, and yup, 11 days.

    (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20176411 / https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...patch-now-live)

    Announcement : July 8th
    Released : July 19th
    That's an edited news post from "soon" to the date, every "news outlet" has it being officially announced the 15th.

  2. #102122
    Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    10,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Anytime a non white/cis/male (white or the main race in the universe) is not the "main" character, you'll have people bitching and crying "SJW".

    Funny.
    There's actually a reason for this. Predominately in media (probably for more than the past hundred years or so) the main protagonists or characters are white men, or at least men. People have grown accustomed to this, especially those who feel they are being represented. Thus, when other groups finally get a chance to be represented, and the previous majority is slightly less of majority, they feel as if they're being marginalized and no longer catered to.

    It's a psychological thing, y'know? It takes a lot of introspection and awareness to understand that you're not really getting screwed over, it's just that a small amount of resources and creativity dedicated to your group is being diverted to other groups who never had it even remotely close to as good as you have it.

    Yeah.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-07-12 at 10:04 PM.

    Avatar by Ely

  3. #102123
    Pandaren Monk Xu Sheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Guangling
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Except as others have mentioned, Blizzard has a history of editing their "soon" posts to add an exact date in a bit later, so going by fansites that copy such an announcement usually within a few hours is probably more accurate to get a date from years ago.
    Oh really ? Sneaky Blizzard... ^^

  4. #102124
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Oh really ? Sneaky Blizzard... ^^
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hlight=July+19

    Even the post from MMO champ, yup, the news post was edited

    The original news post https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...s-nearly-here/
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-07-12 at 10:06 PM.

  5. #102125
    The Lightbringer DeicideUH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    3,993
    I really don't care if the characters are male or female, but it does bother me when some narrative device or character feels forced.

    It's a bit strange that so many leader characters introduced recently have been female (just to name a few: Talyssra, Mayla, Geyah'ra, Talanji), but it still hasn't felt forced to me because there are still male characters doing stuff, and none of the females feel particularly forced into their position, so I'm fine with them.
    Not a native english speaker, so pardon my typos and grammar errors.

  6. #102126
    Banned Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    6,168
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    when other groups finally get a chance to be represented, and the previous majority is slightly less of majority, they feel as if they're being marginalized and no longer catered to.
    .
    yeah, but the problem is they are forcing this, its not going on naturally, they ar clearly forcing

    the maghar leader prove that, they kill grom and durotar for her, and prob will kill rasthakan, bullcrap

    vol'jini dying for sylvanas too, but this will cause a huge shitstorm so leave aside

  7. #102127
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hlight=July+19

    Even the post from MMO champ, yup, the news post was edited

    The original news post https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...s-nearly-here/
    17th is still highly possible, but each day without a confirmation lowers that. On the other hand if it is the week after then the event will feel less drawn out.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  8. #102128
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, but the problem is they are forcing this, its not going on naturally, they ar clearly forcing

    the maghar leader prove that, they kill grom and durotar for her, and prob will kill rasthakan, bullcrap

    vol'jini dying for sylvanas too, but this will cause a huge shitstorm so leave aside
    If it were men killing women, would that be forced?

  9. #102129
    Give me WC3:R, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    10,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, but the problem is they are forcing this, its not going on naturally, they ar clearly forcing

    the maghar leader prove that, they kill grom and durotar for her, and prob will kill rasthakan, bullcrap

    vol'jini dying for sylvanas too, but this will cause a huge shitstorm so leave aside
    How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?

    Avatar by Ely

  10. #102130
    Scarab Lord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, but the problem is they are forcing this, its not going on naturally, they ar clearly forcing

    the maghar leader prove that, they kill grom and durotar for her, and prob will kill rasthakan, bullcrap

    vol'jini dying for sylvanas too, but this will cause a huge shitstorm so leave aside
    Kul'Tiras is lead by Jaina's family and Sylvanas is the leader of the horde

    but yeah Blizzard is definitely forcing them air time

    some of you guys itt are super yikes
    Warrior Armory | Rogue Armory | Priest Armory | Warlock Armory

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

  11. #102131
    Banned Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    6,168
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If it were men killing women, would that be forced?
    it would not be allowed

    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Kul'Tiras is lead by Jaina's family and Sylvanas is the leader of the horde

    but yeah Blizzard is definitely forcing them air time

    some of you guys itt are super yikes
    what, are you even trying?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?
    they kill all the "main" mans of those orcs, and conveniently, after all those new introduced female leaders, we got what? another female leader, even grom son is an enemy....what a coincidence

    but what can i say, im a rly suspicious guy

  12. #102132
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?
    indeed.

    the only reason why so many women are replacing men in media is because All the roles were men already.

    When you have more than anyone else, equality feels like its taking away.

    Not to mention the fact that the Alliance is still being lead by Genn, Anduin, Mathias, Malfurion, the two major heroes that will probably rule the Horde after this are Saurfang and Baine bloodhoof.

    the only thing "forced" is the rare weirdos bending over backwards to say there is 'forced diversity"
    Its a bit nutty seeing someone literally replying to every post in a topic obsessed with belittle everyone for not thinking warcraft is crap, call OTHER people Addicts and fanboys. Lol You're addicted to hate and being your own fanboy, ya nutter butter

  13. #102133
    ok, patch next week... Muffinus that informs us to consume the tokens NOW, I would say that is a confirmation! ^^;

    Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
    Reminder: if you have pet battle charms and need levelling stones and other consumables, BUY THEM NOW.
    Many things will not be available for purchase with that currency when pre-patch goes live!
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

  14. #102134
    Scarab Lord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    ok, patch next week... Muffinus that informs us to consume the tokens NOW, I would say that is a confirmation! ^^;

    Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
    Reminder: if you have pet battle charms and need levelling stones and other consumables, BUY THEM NOW.
    Many things will not be available for purchase with that currency when pre-patch goes live!
    I mean that's not a very good confirmation, Blizzard has been saying to do the mage tower "now" for the past few weeks because it's closing in the pre-patch.
    Warrior Armory | Rogue Armory | Priest Armory | Warlock Armory

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

  15. #102135
    I personally think it'll be the 17th, but no one but Blizzard really knows.

  16. #102136
    Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    I personally think it'll be the 17th, but no one but Blizzard really knows.
    Honestly because of the mage tower alone I think this is one of those rare times blizzard should of given the date out weeks ago. Telling them only soon or only with a few days left seems like a really bad idea.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Anytime a non white/cis/male (white or the main race in the universe) is not the "main" character, you'll have people bitching and crying "SJW".

    Funny.
    Personally IMO the main character should always be the best character to fit into the stories narrative and themes, regardless of gender and race. If you're just making a character to tick off a box on your diversity bingo card though, then you're doing it wrong.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

  17. #102137
    Scarab Lord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    4,851
    Closure of the mage tower irrelevant to the release date, people have had almost a year and a half to do it with multiple indirect nerfs such as gear from raids, and more recently, with increasing concordance levels.
    Warrior Armory | Rogue Armory | Priest Armory | Warlock Armory

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

  18. #102138
    Brewmaster FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?
    I hope I don't get blasted for this but just going to attempt to explain.

    DISCLAIMER: I don't really care honestly whether it's a woman or man in the lead role as long as they're just done well.

    Anyways!

    I think when people say "forced" they mean it like "in the span of a few months there's suddenly an 'entire cast' of female leaders coming out of the wood works.

    But I think this is what people mean by "forced" it's like suddenly everyone is trying to hurriedly showcase: Hey we LOVE and RESPECT Women leaders too!

    Think of it like "forced" being equivalent to saying bandwagon. There's definitely a bandwagon of showcasing powerful women in video games industry right now. And Blizzard jumping on it as well, while respectable and okay, is what comes across as what people term, "forced".

    Again, at least this is how "forced" comes to my mind when I see it written. I don't care that women are leading now, but in the short amount of time span between Legion ending and this huge cast of females turning up? Yeah that's part of the video games industry bandwagon if I've ever seen one.

    Also again, not anything bad or good or whatever, just a definite observation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Personally IMO the main character should always be the best character to fit into the stories narrative and themes, regardless of gender and race. If you're just making a character to tick off a box on your diversity bingo card though, then you're doing it wrong.
    This is my sentiment as well. Good articulation!

  19. #102139
    I wouldnt be surprised if the announce it the day before, monday july 16th, blizz already fucked up with the dates this time around.
    Last edited by Musta; 2018-07-13 at 12:37 AM.

  20. #102140
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Closure of the mage tower irrelevant to the release date, people have had almost a year and a half to do it with multiple indirect nerfs such as gear from raids, and more recently, with increasing concordance levels.
    Yes and no. While I agree that they've had plenty of time to do it, you're also forgetting you're dealing with a very fickle bunch of people.
    A lot of the time I've found that in the real world people more often do shit at the last minute rather than actively go out of the way to do things, and if you give a proper patch date anyone tracking the numbers would very likely see a sharp spike in participation numbers because that's just how a lot of people are.

    I mean obviously if they miss out it is entirely the players fault, but we both know they're not going to see it like that, and to avoid a large shitstorm Blizzard can easily avoid the brunt of it by posting an official date and being done with it.

    Edit: Edited so it actually makes sense.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2018-07-12 at 11:41 PM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •