Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    If we're going just by the database this seems unlikely. The CreateScreen entry varies according to faction (alliance is 623712; horde is 623714; neutral panderen pre-choosing are 623716). Void elves and lightforged Draenei have the alliance entry; nightborne and highmountain tauren have the horde entry.
    That is certainly disappointing and I hope they have a good narrative to back that up if this comes to pass, but it's interesting that the void and light subraces would be on the same faction

If we're going just by the database this seems unlikely. The CreateScreen entry varies according to faction (alliance is 623712; horde is 623714; neutral panderen pre-choosing are 623716). Void elves and lightforged Draenei have the alliance entry; nightborne and highmountain tauren have the horde entry.
    Yup, other stuff from the database file that seems relevant:

Default classes also seem to be set for the 4 "new" races.

Nightborne: Mage
    Highmountain Tauren: Hunter
    Void Elves: Mage
    Lightforged Draenei: Paladin

No surprise there, but this is also set for all known playable races.

They also have a faction set, although this might be more copy paste on Blizzard's part:

Nightborne: PLAYER, Blood Elf
    Highmountain Tauren: PLAYER, Tauren
    Void Elves: PLAYER, Night Elf
    Lightforged Draenei: PLAYER, Draenei

In addition to the character backgrounds that were mentioned in the post above, they also have default low-res faction backgrounds for when the race specific backgrounds haven't been downloaded yet.

Nightborne: ui_horde_lowres
    Highmountain Tauren: ui_horde_lowres
    Void Elves: ui_alliance_lowres
    Lightforged Draenei: ui_alliance_lowres

(Poorly phrased) question - do those datafields relate to anything beyond the visuals of the creation screen? i.e. 623714 merely denoting the selection options in the horde banner/half the menu? Complete stretch b/c boredom, just envisioning selecting a race like BElf as normal, then getting a subsequent option opening up to pick Nightborne which doesn't necessarily have faction restrictions, while still being visually positioned under the horde banner in that screen.
    Mage DH Warrior Druid Warlock Priest Rogue Monk DK Shaman Hunter Paladin 36/36 Mage Tower because reasons

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Another question that came to mind is the following;
    Looking at the current "sub-races", they are all (well, no idea about void elves) currently neutral factions that both sides help during the legion campaign, wouldn't it be weird if suddenly the Highmountain Tauren that you saved started attacking your capital city as alliance? Could these sub-races be true neutral?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see hero races happening unless they are exclusively locked to a new hero class, no one would buy boosts anymore and there would be way too much of a population inflation on these races solely due to their skipping 110 levels
    Not if it's one per server or one per race.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    How cool would it be if we did get a new race, but it was something completely new. Something we've never seen before in current WoW lore. Like a newly discovered race.
    That's likely to happen when we go to other planets, which is why this expansion is likely the last one in 6 years that'll have the chance at introducing one of the fan favorites. So far it seems only Vrykul and Naga are the possible ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    OMG! thats beautiful! is that offical blizzard art or fan art?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Wait, what is this "default class"? The one that they jump to when selected from a class they don't have? Not a terribly important detail, but interesting nonetheless that the void elves do not default to priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post

Can i be a lil biigger? :< I feel so tiny now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i still want this beautiful bastard. but i doubt it'll ever happen, or even be seen in game.
    an ogre/draenei? no thank you!
    give us REAL ogres instead.

Deleted

No surprise there, but this is also set for all known playable races.

They also have a faction set, although this might be more copy paste on Blizzard's part:

Nightborne: PLAYER, Blood Elf
    Highmountain Tauren: PLAYER, Tauren
    Void Elves: PLAYER, Night Elf
    Lightforged Draenei: PLAYER, Draenei

In addition to the character backgrounds that were mentioned in the post above, they also have default low-res faction backgrounds for when the race specific backgrounds haven't been downloaded yet.

Nightborne: ui_horde_lowres
    Highmountain Tauren: ui_horde_lowres
    Void Elves: ui_alliance_lowres
    Lightforged Draenei: ui_alliance_lowres
    Wait so subraces confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Wait, what is this "default class"? The one that they jump to when selected from a class they don't have? Not a terribly important detail, but interesting nonetheless that the void elves do not default to priest
    I think it's what gets auto selected when you select a race in the character creation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Wait so subraces confirmed?
    Nope, just adding more information to the pile. Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions as nothing has been proven yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/7NeJ3sQh.jpg
    Yes, and maybe add my lantern if you are not too busy? What's a train without a lantern for the conductor?

Please?

Imma flip my shit if they give Nightborne to the horde, that'd actually be fucking disgusting. I'd expect High Elves for the alliance in that case.

I'm almost getting my hopes up for subraces now. I'd better ground myself so I don't end up disappointed.

Somebody douse me with cynicism!

There would have to be a REALLY good explanation for why Nightborne can't be Alliance. I mean really really good. Like prepatch explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Imma flip my shit if they give Nightborne to the horde, that'd actually be fucking disgusting. I'd expect High Elves for the alliance in that case.
    Blahblah, i'm alllllllll here for being a void elf led by Alleria. It sounds too good to b truuuu *.*

Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    BlHblah, i'm alllllllll HERE for being a void elf led by Alleria. It sounds too good to b truuuu *.*
    But if a void elf is basically just looking like Alleria did in that dungeon, that'd be extremely disappointing.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lleriaVoid.jpg

I feel like she's got no personality in that state

Deleted
    There goes my hype : we're getting subraces probably and no new races. Probably only a few races will get subraces (worgen/pandaren fall out of the boat already).
    I don't want to be a negative nancy but this rly makes my hype leave.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There would have to be a REALLY good explanation for why Nightborne can't be Alliance. I mean really really good. Like prepatch explanation.
    I feel like it makes no sense for any of these races to join a faction when both helped them during the precursor expansion. Hell, horde helps the lightforged during the last major patch before they theoretically become playable?

So, having checked on this, we have found that the database entries are NOT simply copy/pasted from the relating races.

For instance, the Void Elf data is largely based on the Night Elf data, faction and custom options, etc...

But the thing is, while Void Elf flags it's default class as Mage, the default class for Night Elf is Druid.

This implies it is by design and not JUST a shortcut.