Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    snip
    Lmao, people defending WPvP.

    Want to see something hilarious? Here's a gif of something that happened on my realm, which was a big World PvP hub for EU. We were preparing for a guild fight when ONE ROGUE did this to us with fan of knives:

    https://i.gyazo.com/c9d46f9928dc4623...ace19539f2.mp4

    In case it was unclear due to GIF quality, he one shot our entire 10-man raid group with fan of knives.

    This was a while ago, too. It's even more broken (somehow) now.
    Last edited by Krassz; 2017-07-10 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Lmao, people defending WPvP.

    Want to see something hilarious? Here's a gif of something that happened on my realm, which was a big World PvP hub for EU. We were preparing for a guild fight when ONE ROGUE did this to us with fan of knives:

    https://i.gyazo.com/c9d46f9928dc4623...ace19539f2.mp4

    In case it was unclear due to GIF quality, he one shot our entire 10-man raid group with fan of knives.

    This was a while ago, too. It's even more broken (somehow) now.
    Not defending it just pointing out clear bull shit. If people have a real case they don't need to exaggerate or lie, stick to the facts and you are good. Hyperbolic statements certainly don't help.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not defending it just pointing out clear bull shit. If people have a real case they don't need to exaggerate or lie, stick to the facts and you are good. Hyperbolic statements certainly don't help.
    It's true though. There's a gif of a rogue one shotting our entire raid group. It's impossible to hyperbole WPvP damage.

  4. #44
    Deleted
    I said that to my guild 3 hours ago, before talking about 7.3 they should work on world pvp because I got OS (yeah like in vanilla 1 spell) by arcane mage 3.6m

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The damage doesn't more then double in a 40 item level window.
    iLevel stat gains are exponential.

    DPS has trippled or more in less than an 80 iLevel window.

    Math hard.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    iLevel stat gains are exponential.

    DPS has trippled or more in less than an 80 iLevel window.

    Math hard.
    Clearly. So is sniffing out bull shit when it is right in front of you. There are also many other factors in the rapid damage gains besides just item level, either way the person I was replying to is exaggerating in an effort to make a point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    So, WPvP = cancer because a Rogue almost killed a tank. Better if the tank was simply unkillable by similarly geared DPS?
    That's quite the Strawman you're building there. You know, since i never said that.

    The point of WPvP isn't for it to be perfectly balanced, but with a spec that can potentially kill tanks, we're closer to balance than before. A tank kills every other spec with no effort or skill, is that what you prefer?
    Again, you're inventing things i never said.

    I said World PvP was cancer.

    That was a blanket statement.

    Because keep in mind, that DPS spec that can potentially kill tanks? He outright kills every other DPS spec in seconds. That's just as cancerous. As is a tank who will literally never die.

    You might want to buy some stock in a straw company, with all those strawmen you're constructing.

  8. #48
    Make the entire zone neutral and the problem is solved.

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk Adlian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,984
    Dont expect WPVP to be fixed this expansion, its beyond fixing at this point.

  10. #50
    Over 9000! Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    9,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    They won't be.

    Spoke to Holinka about the issue not long before he quit working on WoW, and although it wasn't said outright he basically implied that the PvP devs are aware that WPvP is a major issue but their hands are tied by the PvE devs because they don't wanna affect "muh world quests".
    I still don't see what they couldn't just give a hidden Resilience stat to players while out in the world so that people can still do their max damage to mobs but other players are hit for X% lower damage.

    Such a simple fix.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  11. #51
    Isn't the point of WPVP to be kinda inherently broken...I mean really its never a fair fight with wpvp..

  12. #52
    PvP is cancer. In Warcraft and any other games. People who have fun one shotting people have serious mental problem in game and in real life I think. People who play PvP are cancer. Period.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-07-14 at 02:01 PM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Argus is supposed to be a zone the size of the entire Broken Isle, with no flying! It would be great for WPvP if WPvP wasn't totally broken.
    I don't mind winning 1v4 on my tank, shit looks legit son.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Torbjorn View Post
    PvP is cancer. In Warcraft and any other games. People who have fun one shotting people have serious mental problem in game and in real life I think. People who play PvP are cancer. Period.
    You sound like someone with absolutely no mental problem, great!
    I just read your name, you are definitely one of the worst human being I have met in this lifetime.

  14. #54
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    5,220
    The world is tuned for PvE, that's why they added templates to the places with actual pvp Ratings.

    PvP servers bring their risks and people knew that since day 1 they roll there, same for FFA pvp WQs.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-11 at 06:33 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I don't mind winning 1v4 on my tank, shit looks legit son.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You sound like someone with absolutely no mental problem, great!
    I just read your name, you are definitely one of the worst human being I have met in this lifetime.
    I actually hate the fact that I run around in my tank spec. Feels cowardly especially since I'm used to playing Arms in PvP, but I get blown up in seconds. My main motivation to get PvP gear was really so I could defend myself in the outside world.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I actually hate the fact that I run around in my tank spec. Feels cowardly especially since I'm used to playing Arms in PvP, but I get blown up in seconds. My main motivation to get PvP gear was really so I could defend myself in the outside world.
    But PvP gear does nothing more than the PvE gear, I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

  17. #57
    They really need to introduce some form of resilience again, the current state of WPVP is awful due to trying to rely on stat templates for balance instead of balancing abilities in pvp.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Clearly. So is sniffing out bull shit when it is right in front of you. There are also many other factors in the rapid damage gains besides just item level, either way the person I was replying to is exaggerating in an effort to make a point.
    How can you even be so ignorant? I smell an obvious troll or you clearly have never even played on a pvp server which makes anything you say in this thread irrelevant like everything so far has been from you.

    The person you were replying to is not even exaggerating. Would you like to visit my server and I'll 1shot you real quick?
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

    I work a lot, fuck my life.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    How can you even be so ignorant? I smell an obvious troll or you clearly have never even played on a pvp server which makes anything you say in this thread irrelevant like everything so far has been from you.

    The person you were replying to is not even exaggerating. Would you like to visit my server and I'll 1shot you real quick?
    Good luck with that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  20. #60
    Deleted
    Too late to fix wpvp now. Way too late. Maybe next expansion. Personally, I moved to a pve server. With wpvp as a 2 shotting pair of clown shoes, there is no point in pvp servers anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc4fc982b6fe; 2017-07-14 at 02:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •