Page 1 of 2
LastLast

being forced into exile

What would you do if you were forced into exile from your country? Where would you goto? Would you keep in contact with your friends/family from your original country?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What would you do if you were forced into exile from your country? Where would you goto? Would you keep in contact with your friends/family from your original country?
    I would likely go to either Sweden, Germany, or Japan.

Sweden for the people and landscape. Germany for the heritage/culture. Japan for the entertainment.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Currently looking into Norway. Planning on visiting next year to see what it's really like.

Deleted
    I would move to Greenland and drink myself to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Currently looking into Norway. Planning on visiting next year to see what it's really like.
    do you plan on being forced into exile soon?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Just over the border to Wales.

Maybe even Scotland if needed.

Deleted
    Poland probably.. They have their values in place and I could probably live there without working for the rest of my life from savings alone.

Or somewhere with low taxes and where you are left alone mostly at any rate.

try and kill the pieces of shit that got me sent away

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    do you plan on being forced into exile soon?
    Not so much forced. But I do want to leave my current country.

As for the rest of the OP my family would come with me.

North Korea.

Morocco. I would do horrible, deviant things in the InterZone like Paul Bowles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go about 4 hours, find myself in Canada and start saying "aboot" and "eh?"
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Mexico I guess since its the closest to my family/friends and I can speak spanish. That or Canada since its the second best thing to the USA

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably wouldn't go anywhere because Sanctuary State.

Canada. The only difference is it's cold.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    What is exile these days really? Unless you're somehow exiled from every developed country in the world it's just "move to another country", heck, if you get exiled hard enough from a major country you might even get an invitation!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

dunno.. if they want to get rid of me they'd have to relocate me themselves.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    What is exile these days really? Unless you're somehow exiled from every developed country in the world it's just "move to another country", heck, if you get exiled hard enough from a major country you might even get an invitation!
    Pretty much, exiled means jack shit today where you can just travel else where, a thousand years ago you would be fucked.

Deleted
    Would I be forced into exile in Wraeclast, or the Exiled Lands?

Exile from Romania would be pretty much a blessing ( and no, I'm not trolling ).

Fact of the matter is, we have fewer jobs and our STEM fields aren't being paid like they should be ( i.e. the pay is shit compared to the effort needed to get in those fields )

So I'd gladly leave. What's stopping me right now is that I'd be far from friends/family if I left, but with exile that would be dealt with.

I'd go to Canada, where I have an aunt and cousin.. already been there for a 2 month trip and loved it.

I'd probably keep in contact with my parents and friends, then they can brag that I'm wanted dead or alive within Romania's borders.