Exclamation Spreading awareness about a Major Reinhardt Issue

Hello Everyone,

I'd first like to say that it's been years since I last posted here. I made this account 6 years ago (lurked here longer than that) and I would usually browse Horde vs Alliance threads and defend the one true Warchief, Garrosh Hellscream (and then I read War Crimes by Christie Golden and I was off that train pretty fast).

I'm back because I need your help. I don't play alot of WoW anymore, but I do play alot of Overwatch. A patch introduced about two months ago introduced a major issue in the way Reinhardt works. I see that this issue has been raised already in this forum but I would like to clarify just what those issues are.

To simplify, all of Reinhardt's abilities incorporate a very significant delay. His charge, firestrike, earthshatter and melee swings have become heavy, making it extremely hard to time attacks. Furthermore, progressively with each patch his kit has become worse. His charge seems to grab random people (or not grab anyone at all), his firestrike hitbox has shrunk and his earthshatters are a coinflip. Some funny videos can be seen here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousArtsySpindleThunBeast
    https://gfycat.com/NegativeEnchantingAnglerfish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izd13pcp0Nk

Blizzard has made a single attempt to fix this issue by adjusting his second hammer swing only (which did not even solve that problem), while completely ignoring the other parts of his kit. Many people have made multiple threads since then but it has fallen on deaf ears.

However my most recent threads seems to have created alot of noise and I want to capitalize on this as much as I can. Since blues don't make an apperance in MMO-Champion, I encourage those concerned to drop their feedback on this problem in one of these threads:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...7465850?page=1 (Bug Report)
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...7546256?page=1 (General Discussion)

All the technical details are intentionally kept on the Bug report post but if you are considering throwing a bump, at least do so in the General Discussion one because I'm competing with a lot of Doomfist Conspiracy Theorists for attention :/

Needless to say, please leave your feedback on this mmo thread as well. I will be happy to address any confusion as I will be browsing here as well.

On a further note, I've only ever browsed mmo-champion before, so I'm not aware of any other gaming forums. I'd appreciate if anyone can suggest other forums so I can reach out to the playerbase and spread awareness about this issue.
    Last edited by K-b; 2017-07-07 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play Reinhardt, but even I recognize how broken he is. And not broken as in "OP", but broken as in "fix this shit".

To be fair though, the Earthshatter thing often falls in favor of the Reinhardt. Also, the charge has a gravity well attached to it that sucks people in who have dodged it. And also hit people above him and even through walls when it stops. So, although he needs a lot of fixing, the issues are on opposite ends of the brokenness.

Just to let you know, there is no proof that Rheinhardt was ever a Major.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-08 at 05:50 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

So Reinhardt's charge can both draw people in who he completely misses, and bounce people away who he hits directly. I certainly hope they're working on a solution behind the scenes and simply haven't found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    So Reinhardt's charge can both draw people in who he completely misses, and bounce people away who he hits directly. I certainly hope they're working on a solution behind the scenes and simply haven't found it yet.
    Absolutely this, and it drives me mad every time i experience this inconsistence -.-

From what I have seen on PTR the hammer swing is 10% faster, more accurate and his shoulder tackle either hits or it doesn't, so no more bounces just clean misses, even if it seems you should of hit. ALso the misses can be attributed to lag between you, the game server and your victim. The game has to make a split second decision and information may be traveling several thousand miles between 2 computers and the server, so there are bound to be some problems.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.