Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Tutorial] on how to never see people you put on ignore again!

1. Google Chrome
    2. Download Adblock Plus or any Adblock that can have you enter custom filters.
    3. Go to custom filters
    4. Type in or copy and paste: mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored
    5. Make sure you press save
    6. Done!

You will never see the ignored people or their posts again.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

While you are at it, check out the story of the boy who lived in a bubble.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    While you are at it, check out the story of the boy who lived in a bubble.
    Some people's posts are entirely worthless and not worth even seeing.

OT: Thanks OP!

Now make a way for me to ignore people who respond to the people on my ignore list.

To be honest, seeing a gray box that says "You have ignored this poster. Click to view post" isn't really an inconvenience.

Come up with a way so I can stop seeing threads made by certain posters and THAT would be a game changer. There are a few posters that make dumb threads too often. "Canada is so great, look how progressive we are!"/"Omg look at this relationship story I found on some shitty website". Or "guess what my niece and nephew did today to make my life harder". (Can you guess who I'm talking about? Don't name names.)

Deleted
    Yes, finally I can have my safe space where people with different opinions are not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    To be honest, seeing a gray box that says "You have ignored this poster. Click to view post" isn't really an inconvenience.

Come up with a way so I can stop seeing threads made by certain posters and THAT would be a game changer. There are a few posters that make dumb threads too often. "Canada is so great, look how progressive we are!"/"Omg look at this relationship story I found on some shitty website". Or "guess what my niece and nephew did today to make my life harder". (Can you guess who I'm talking about? Don't name names.)
    I know! I know! It rhymes with T and J

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the ability to hide posts from certain spammers on this site so they don't clutter the thread listings.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh it didn't work DAMN! Hahaha nevermind it works WOW THAT IS AWESOME!
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-07-07 at 06:51 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

pretty childish behavior, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    pretty childish behavior, honestly.
    Hahaha how is it childish to want to filter out stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Hahaha how is it childish to want to filter out stupidity?
    it's holding your ears and pretending so things you don't like go away. textbook child behavior.

i'll never ignore anyone, i don't even do it in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's holding your ears and pretending so things you don't like go away. textbook child behavior.

i'll never ignore anyone, i don't even do it in wow.
    No, that would mean I don't already know what they think what they have to say or where they are going, so why waste time, if you truly think they are being harmed you are sadly mistaken, and if you think I am harmed by not listening to or arguing with idiots, then you are really mistaken.

The only thing that sucks is I can't use this on my IPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, that would mean I don't already know what they think what they have to say or where they are going, so why waste time, if you truly think they are being harmed you are sadly mistaken, and if you think I am harmed by not listening to or arguing with idiots, then you are really mistaken.

The only thing that sucks is I can't use this on my IPhone
    well, i take life a bit more maturely than that.

i'd rather see the worst things imaginable than silence anyone, even if it's just silenced to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when you walk down the street you listen to everything that everyone has to say? You probably never reach your destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    So when you walk down the street you listen to everything that everyone has to say? You probably never reach your destination.
    that's not even the same situation.

if someone tries to talk to me while i'm out, i do talk back, yes. as a normal person does(though, my anxiety means it's a short conversation).

ignoring is like if i just held my ears and entirely ignored someone when they tried to say hello or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, i take life a bit more maturely than that.

i'd rather see the worst things imaginable than silence anyone, even if it's just silenced to myself.
    Then on some level you enjoy it. I don't at all there is nothing and I mean nothing important at all coming from people I ignore. It's nothing new.

I can disagree with people I like the others can vanish for good. Never had a good thing and thought you know what I need a moronic asshole with the same racist unoriginal copy paste ideas. They can argue in volcano for all I care. They aren't missed.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-07-07 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't interested in this idea, then don't implement it. Please don't derail the thread bickering about your feelings on the ignore list.

Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account

if someone tries to talk to me while i'm out, i do talk back, yes. as a normal person does(though, my anxiety means it's a short conversation).

ignoring is like if i just held my ears and entirely ignored someone when they tried to say hello or something.
    By reading all the replies in a post, that is what you're doing though, you're stopping and listening to what everyone says /shrug

I wear headphones and ignore everyone, but I make a specific point of ignoring, for example buskers, or those trying to get you to give to charity, or buy their product (sky tv, isp etc).

Consider instead, you are having a conversation with a bunch of people. Someone walks up and starts spouting off a load of bollocks, trying to derail your conversation, shouting, politicising things, harassing the other people you're having a conversation with?

10+ Year Old Account

That's still not silencing someone.