Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [Tutorial] on how to never see people you put on ignore again!

    1. Google Chrome
    2. Download Adblock Plus or any Adblock that can have you enter custom filters.
    3. Go to custom filters
    4. Type in or copy and paste: mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored
    5. Make sure you press save
    6. Done!

    You will never see the ignored people or their posts again.
    "I know if I'm haunting You, You must be haunting me."

  2. #2
    While you are at it, check out the story of the boy who lived in a bubble.
    narcissistic personality disorder : "Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!" (Donald J. Trump - Twitter 24th November 2017).

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,269
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    While you are at it, check out the story of the boy who lived in a bubble.
    Some people's posts are entirely worthless and not worth even seeing.

    OT: Thanks OP!

    Trump this, Trump that

  4. #4
    Now make a way for me to ignore people who respond to the people on my ignore list.

  5. #5
    Or you could just move on with your life and ignore them the normal way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    I'm a thoughtful, considerate individual.

  6. #6
    To be honest, seeing a gray box that says "You have ignored this poster. Click to view post" isn't really an inconvenience.

    Come up with a way so I can stop seeing threads made by certain posters and THAT would be a game changer. There are a few posters that make dumb threads too often. "Canada is so great, look how progressive we are!"/"Omg look at this relationship story I found on some shitty website". Or "guess what my niece and nephew did today to make my life harder". (Can you guess who I'm talking about? Don't name names.)

  7. #7
    Yes, finally I can have my safe space where people with different opinions are not allowed.

  8. #8
    Over 9000! AlexisSanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spanish Tax Agency
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    To be honest, seeing a gray box that says "You have ignored this poster. Click to view post" isn't really an inconvenience.

    Come up with a way so I can stop seeing threads made by certain posters and THAT would be a game changer. There are a few posters that make dumb threads too often. "Canada is so great, look how progressive we are!"/"Omg look at this relationship story I found on some shitty website". Or "guess what my niece and nephew did today to make my life harder". (Can you guess who I'm talking about? Don't name names.)
    I know! I know! It rhymes with T and J

  9. #9
    I just want the ability to hide posts from certain spammers on this site so they don't clutter the thread listings.
    LOL so fuckin mad

  10. #10
    Merely a Setback X Amadeus X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    28,837
    Ahh it didn't work DAMN! Hahaha nevermind it works WOW THAT IS AWESOME!
    Last edited by X Amadeus X; 2017-07-07 at 06:51 PM.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even a break rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  11. #11
    pretty childish behavior, honestly.

  12. #12
    Merely a Setback X Amadeus X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    28,837
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    pretty childish behavior, honestly.
    Hahaha how is it childish to want to filter out stupidity?
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even a break rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Hahaha how is it childish to want to filter out stupidity?
    it's holding your ears and pretending so things you don't like go away. textbook child behavior.

    i'll never ignore anyone, i don't even do it in wow.

  14. #14
    Merely a Setback X Amadeus X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    28,837
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's holding your ears and pretending so things you don't like go away. textbook child behavior.

    i'll never ignore anyone, i don't even do it in wow.
    No, that would mean I don't already know what they think what they have to say or where they are going, so why waste time, if you truly think they are being harmed you are sadly mistaken, and if you think I am harmed by not listening to or arguing with idiots, then you are really mistaken.

    The only thing that sucks is I can't use this on my IPhone
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even a break rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, that would mean I don't already know what they think what they have to say or where they are going, so why waste time, if you truly think they are being harmed you are sadly mistaken, and if you think I am harmed by not listening to or arguing with idiots, then you are really mistaken.

    The only thing that sucks is I can't use this on my IPhone
    well, i take life a bit more maturely than that.

    i'd rather see the worst things imaginable than silence anyone, even if it's just silenced to myself.

  16. #16
    Elemental Lord Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    8,828
    So when you walk down the street you listen to everything that everyone has to say? You probably never reach your destination.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    So when you walk down the street you listen to everything that everyone has to say? You probably never reach your destination.
    that's not even the same situation.

    if someone tries to talk to me while i'm out, i do talk back, yes. as a normal person does(though, my anxiety means it's a short conversation).

    ignoring is like if i just held my ears and entirely ignored someone when they tried to say hello or something.

  18. #18
    Merely a Setback X Amadeus X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    28,837
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i take life a bit more maturely than that.

    i'd rather see the worst things imaginable than silence anyone, even if it's just silenced to myself.
    Then on some level you enjoy it. I don't at all there is nothing and I mean nothing important at all coming from people I ignore. It's nothing new.

    I can disagree with people I like the others can vanish for good. Never had a good thing and thought you know what I need a moronic asshole with the same racist unoriginal copy paste ideas. They can argue in volcano for all I care. They aren't missed.
    Last edited by X Amadeus X; 2017-07-07 at 07:18 PM.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even a break rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  19. #19
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    17,464
    If you aren't interested in this idea, then don't implement it. Please don't derail the thread bickering about your feelings on the ignore list.

    Thanks.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

  20. #20
    Elemental Lord Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's not even the same situation.

    if someone tries to talk to me while i'm out, i do talk back, yes. as a normal person does(though, my anxiety means it's a short conversation).

    ignoring is like if i just held my ears and entirely ignored someone when they tried to say hello or something.
    By reading all the replies in a post, that is what you're doing though, you're stopping and listening to what everyone says /shrug

    I wear headphones and ignore everyone, but I make a specific point of ignoring, for example buskers, or those trying to get you to give to charity, or buy their product (sky tv, isp etc).

    Consider instead, you are having a conversation with a bunch of people. Someone walks up and starts spouting off a load of bollocks, trying to derail your conversation, shouting, politicising things, harassing the other people you're having a conversation with?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •