Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Tired of people thinking world-first guilds not bringing a class to a WF kill means the class is shit.
    even in normal and heroic, ret is super low, and those are the numbers they're currently buffing feral on so makes sense completely.

We need that rework? Yes

Can we expect we're going to have it? No

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    like adding another button

what was that spell, Inquisition? I think?

Bring that back (I played hpally exclusively, other than OW content in mop)
    I didn't mind the idea of inquisition when they came up with it. Many people didn't like it, and I wasn't upset when they finally did away with it...but I like the idea.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Tired of people thinking world-first guilds not bringing a class to a WF kill means the class is shit.
    Why, it's a pretty solid indication when looking at top guilds and what they run which classes are good, and that's a fact.

If Ret was good, they would use them because their is a plethora of ret players. If it's not, they won't.

I get tired of people trying to invalidate legitimate facts and statistics, and hard numbers with anecdotal evidence, and sample size of one experiences with said class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanson View Post
    Why, it's a pretty solid indication when looking at top guilds and what they run which classes are good, and that's a fact.

If Ret was good, they would use them because their is a plethora of ret players. If it's not, they won't.

I get tired of people trying to invalidate legitimate facts and statistics, and hard numbers with anecdotal evidence, and sample size of one experiences with said class.
    Pretty much. People are running a ret in mythic because it's good for KJ, and has a few fights it's middle of the pack in. It's not completely horrible, but it's bad enough overall that it deserves a tune, however it's "high enough" that they're ignoring the numbers and focusing on Crusade. I'd rather we were actually at the bottom so we would get attention. Being next to the bottom is much worse.

I just want to be rid of the #!"¤!"¤!"¤"! holy power..lightcrap that we have..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm. Now they've set focus on Frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Hrmm. Now they've set focus on Frost.
    Yep >.> only hoping something happens for us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    Yep >.> only hoping something happens for us.
    Finding it kinda amusing how they are fractured over there between the 2 old builds wishing the other would die whereas we are kinda poking over the fence saying "must be nice" >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    even if they don't swap around talents we still need a straight % increase in the magnitude that feral and frost got, then ret can be great aoe and alright in ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It makes sense though; the Ret community is not so divided over Crusade that people quit the spec because of it. The Frost community is VERY divided over BoS, with many people quitting the spec for Unholy even before the spec became bottom tier. Havoc can keep both Chaos Blades and Demonic builds relatively close to each other, Frost deserves the same. I am not sure what WE need though, what would be a good alternative to Crusade (I think a talent that gives 3 charges to AW probably would be it)
    Its probably only going to be band-aids right now until the next xpac and they can do another rework. I would like to see DP made baseline again, make crusade baseline for Ret, remove the stacking mechanic of it just have it start off at "full stacks", lower the amount of damage and haste, and remove Wrath of the Ashbringer from the artifact weapon, I would say replace it with a relic that increases the damage of ALL spenders, including Justicars Vengeance and Execution Sentence, these two spells seem very well suited for DP. Finally throw in a flat damage boost to the entire spec. It would (hopefully) make the spec more consistent while lowering burst DPS output. Oh and bring back the sword of light mastery, no more of this fucking judgesmash

Deleted
    So... i'm not expecting it.

Quite honestly... i don't think they care. The thing is, Crusade is cool, but it has problems, and i don't think theres a way to solve them in a satisfying manner. Crusade is very powerful with the artifact, but its a damage loss without it.

So... the only way to balance it, is to make the stacks less prevalent and the base value stronger. So... like starting at 35% damage and gaining 1% damage and 2% haste per stack. But... this just defeats the purpose doesn't it? So, i think crusade is gonna get removed next expansion with the rework we will get and they will just let it run along with minimal fixes for the time beeing. They are purposidly letting us be weak cause they want less backlash when they change things, just like they did to demonology back in WoD.

That is what i believe the situation to be. I wish they could at least buff mastery until then though.

No such thing as "too much synergy".
    But there can be not enough synergy, or none at all.
    See: Retribution talent tree.

I assume "our round" is coming up; Feral and Frost have been in a bad place most of this expansion, so they went first. Just the mere fact they addressed, for Frost, all the effort/synergy being pumped into a single ability shows (in addition to their past comments) that they want to break a reliance on Crusade. It's kinda like doing "spec triage;" you attend to the ones in the worst shape and go from there.

I really like how Ion operates, it's miles better than the last guy's "If you don't like the other talents, don't take them, now get lost" attitude.
    Last edited by Bormec; 2017-07-15 at 04:36 PM.

Well there's that, he's less of a raging bag of frothing manhoods that is Tom Mace Stun Chilton.

7+ Year Old Account
    We won't get the rework we need until next expansion most probably

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It makes sense though; the Ret community is not so divided over Crusade that people quit the spec because of it. The Frost community is VERY divided over BoS, with many people quitting the spec for Unholy even before the spec became bottom tier. Havoc can keep both Chaos Blades and Demonic builds relatively close to each other, Frost deserves the same. I am not sure what WE need though, what would be a good alternative to Crusade (I think a talent that gives 3 charges to AW probably would be it)
    The big thing on our end is there are a ton of rets who refuse to quit because we have waited years for our Ashbringer. It's kinda like a very odd version of Stockholme Syndrome for us. We know its bad, but we can't stop.

The big thing on our end is there are a ton of rets who refuse to quit because we have waited years for our Ashbringer. It's kinda like a very odd version of Stockholme Syndrome for us. We know its bad, but we can't stop.
    It's the ties that bind, I think.
    Friends made, fun had, nostalgia as a whole, not being or willing to withdraw completely, past achievements reached and endeavors taken.
    Not to mention this lolworthy carrot on a stick that is Ashbringer and the whole lot of the stupid assfagget shining knight fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good stories, as it were

Also I agree with you Nym, as I did swap to unholy when BoS became a thing (found that unholy was a fair bit of fun but they need to sort out FWs though >>) but I do think long term Crusade should go (and Retribution as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    I assume "our round" is coming up; Feral and Frost have been in a bad place most of this expansion, so they went first. Just the mere fact they addressed, for Frost, all the effort/synergy being pumped into a single ability shows (in addition to their past comments) that they want to break a reliance on Crusade. It's kinda like doing "spec triage;" you attend to the ones in the worst shape and go from there.

I really like how Ion operates, it's miles better than the last guy's "If you don't like the other talents, don't take them, now get lost" attitude.
    By that logic, Warlocks and Rogues have been in an even worse position because they reworked those before Feral and Frost, lol.