Thread: Demonology?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The meme-build is a hell to play, i love demo, but i hate the actual playstyle. The "normal" playstyle isnt good enough for ST but only for some AE cleave. Would i get the dmg from the meme-build without the rota of it, it would be ok for me. Balancing specs was never perfect so let affli shine for now, but i would at least have fun playing my spec.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Except, you know, affliction is better at literally every fight style and destro probably is too. Seriously, affliction can compete with demo in patchwerk fights and absolutely dismantles demo at every other type of fight.

It's a poorly designed spec dude, there's no saving grace. It's just flat out worse than the other specs in every situation and it isn't even fun to play.

Goroth is probably the one fight you'd expect demo to be the best on, but even there it's worse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...lock&boss=2032
    The statistics page is a much better indication of a spec's strength. Naturally the rankings page will be off when over 5 times as many have parsed with Affliction and many people have not even raided yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radde View Post
    The meme-build is a hell to play, i love demo, but i hate the actual playstyle. The "normal" playstyle isnt good enough for ST but only for some AE cleave. Would i get the dmg from the meme-build without the rota of it, it would be ok for me. Balancing specs was never perfect so let affli shine for now, but i would at least have fun playing my spec.
    Not to mention there is still the issue of movement, Demonology was "somewhat" viable in EN, because few bosses required movement that took more than 1-2 seconds. But as the nightwell released almost all the bosses were heavily movement required, we are talking movement for more than 4-5 seconds, meaning you had to spend more time running around than dealing dps, and demonologies biggest weakness is movement.

Affliction is unfortunately superior in every way, and that sucks, because there are people that want to play demonology in raids, but its not viable by many miles compared to affliction and Destruction. LFR, sure, but not Heroic or mythic.

Blizzard dismantled probably the most original, and enjoyable caster spec they ever developed just to push Demon Hunters into the game.

What a waste. Demonology Warlock was my favorite spec, and now its gone. I'll probably never resub to this game because of that.

My big problem with it is the rng aspect to it. There are so many times where I'm waiting for a proc (esspecially my trinkets). So one week of raiding will be very different from the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav391 View Post
    My big problem with it is the rng aspect to it. There are so many times where I'm waiting for a proc (esspecially my trinkets). So one week of raiding will be very different from the next.
    Many specs have a degree of RNG to them, though. Nothing like sitting there for 20 seconds without a Soul Shard proc as Affliction.