Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Aion (at least in NA, not sure how EU is nowadays)
    Lineage 2
    Planetside 2
    Wildstar
    Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Path of Exile (not a proper MMO, but close-ish!)
    Tera
    Skyforge

I mean, I could probably pull some more names out if I sat down for a few to give it a think. What Rift is offering, especially since there's the "Except new souls/classes, those are paid." caveat as that type of caveat hits many other games as well, isn't terribly unique in the industry. It's great, and I'm by no means knocking Rift, but let's not pretend it's one of the games unique selling points.

There are plenty of reasons to encourage folks to check Rift out, but there are plenty of reasons to caution them as well. Rift isn't in the best state right now, and its future isn't terribly bright given its performance over the past 9ish months, either. I still encourage folks to give it a spin, but advise caution when doing so to keep expectations about how the game will change as they level in-check, and so they're aware what the current state of developer support is.

I feel like I'm getting deja vu atm. Didn't he ask this same exact question before with you proving the same answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I feel like I'm getting deja vu atm. Didn't he ask this same exact question before with you proving the same answer?
    Think it was both me and Edge in other threads but I was referring to quality in this thread. Why money was brought into this thread is beyond me.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-18 at 04:38 AM.

Rift is a great single thread benchmark to check the performance increase for WoW since they act similar in that sense.

I kept it in my SSD for 3 years literally for that, logged on at that city that i dont even know the name of the second expansion, checked the % gained in FPS with or without the OC, logged off after that, multiple times.

Nothing can make me return to Rift, loved the game at start but then when it started emptying out and the developers instead of adapting to the people leaving went all "ALL IS FINE, WE DONT NEED TO MAKE CHANGES" and instead they simply delivered insanely broken raids that didnt get fixed for weeks, was the last nail in the coffin.

From the threads in MMOC i get all the info i need for the game since then and if people take 10mins to read around you can tell the big sign of "DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, LET THIS GAME DIE" vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yes, he has, and we answered it with pretty much the same list.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Think it was both me and Edge in other threads but I was referring to quality in this thread. Why money was brought into this thread is beyond me.
    Slipmat brought it up, like he always does, when people say to play something else and pass on Rift. "What other game gives you everything for free????" Not Rift, and not most games, either. And before he comes in and jumps on me for that statement: Rift doesn't give you every soul or even every class (primalist) for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Slipmat brought it up, like he always does, when people say to play something else and pass on Rift. "What other game gives you everything for free????" Not Rift, and not most games, either. And before he comes in and jumps on me for that statement: Rift doesn't give you every soul or even every class (primalist) for free.
    But that's not content so it doesn't count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's like Groundhog Day in here sometimes, i clearly explained why people prefer to form a Raid in chat, yet you all keep yapping on about it, here's another reason why people can't be arsed to use LFR, too easily trolled.

Doesn't rift have only like a couple thousand players left?

Is that why the quality of the game has gone down the tubes lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Doesn't rift have only like a couple thousand players left?

Is that why the quality of the game has gone down the tubes lately?
    Its mostly this line up.

Dont listen to the community-->Decline-->Dont listen still but still have money therefor release something decent (Storm expansion)--> Nope, decent but everything bugged at release--> Decline-->Start silencing forums and any negativity-->Decline-->Again, bugged shit-->Decline-->Weird shenanigans/silencing again-->Decline.

Reach the point of no money therefor probably 1/4th of original devs-->Rift 2017 with everything delayed and declined.

Frankly its obvious this game despite how promising it was and could have been had mongoloid devs and turned into obvious cash grabbing too quickly after its F2P change.

Deleted
    *snip*
    (30:35 is kinda hilarious, it's like watching the Rift forum)
    No wonder Rift is doing poorly if that's the type of management Trion can provide. I suggest people watch the entire video and see how many similarities it has with Rift, it's surprisingly a lot.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-07-25 at 02:41 AM.

Yeah, let's not post videos that link to sites offering hacking tools/discussion etc. and show their use

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    What? that's that's...insane !! to get the best gear and weapon in game you have to actually play the game and kill stuff? madness!! psst, you can chain run Tartaric Depths 10 times in a row if you want and get your weapon upgraded on the same day, final upgrade for your Eternal weapon will take 16 weeks as the Tier 1 raid has the usual weekly lockout but as it's the best weapon in the game and should last you for the entire Expansion it should need a bit of work.

Also Vostigar Peaks rep will buy you gear with in-game currency which is far better than LFR TD gear, has 300 hit and has only very slightly less stats than Tier 1 so there's already a catch up mechanic if a new level 70 doesn't want to run raids for gear.
    So you have to grind for months on end to see any sort of character progression? That sounds like really bad game design imo.

In other MMOs I can hop right in, get caught up pretty quickly and see normal / heroic raids pretty quick. I can also jump into mythic raiding pretty fast if I want to as well, provided I have progressed through heroic well enough.

So you have to grind for months on end to see any sort of character progression? That sounds like really bad game design imo.

In other MMOs I can hop right in, get caught up pretty quickly and see normal / heroic raids pretty quick. I can also jump into mythic raiding pretty fast if I want to as well, provided I have progressed through heroic well enough.
    In Rift you can too. You can just buy the previous tiers gear right off the cash shop!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    In Rift you can too. You can just buy the previous tiers gear right off the cash shop!!
    Pay to Win is not fun game design.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's more like Pay-to-Catch-Up. Besides, if you look at the pricing of that gear there won't be many people willing the spend those amounts of cash on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukha View Post
    It's more like Pay-to-Catch-Up. Besides, if you look at the pricing of that gear there won't be many people willing the spend those amounts of cash on gear.
    Considering Rifts fanbase. There will be.

They don't care if a bow costs £70.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Considering Rifts fanbase. There will be.

They don't care if a bow costs £70.

There will always be people willing to pay. I'm not one of them though. There are better places to spend that money. and for me, that is not Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukha View Post
    There will always be people willing to pay. I'm not one of them though. There are better places to spend that money. and for me, that is not Rift.
    Agreed. Could get a bunch of cosmetics in other games for much cheaper than 1 weapon. And cosmetics are way more worth it imo.

Yeah, I didn't put my /sarcasm tag there, but I was being sarcastic.