Thread: Spellforce 3

Spellforce 3

Couldnt find a thread on this but spellforce 3 is coming out this year

Have played all the spellforce games and the rpg is really awesome its undoubtly one of the best game series for me.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311290/SpellForce_3/

What do you guys think? Anyone played the spellforce series?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Loved 1 and 2. Though I wonder if a new one will be able to hold my interest in 2017.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played the first game for years.

Its been over ten years since the first one. I cannot believe its been so long, I look forward to playing it, but attempts to bring back RTS lately has been hard. So I'll keep an eye out and fingers crossed.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

First game was quite a novelty. A blend of RPG and RTS was something new back then. The only other game I could think of was Warcraft 3. But where WC3 was closer to RTS, spellforce was closer to RPG. I didn't play the second game much, only for a few hours several months ago, but it seemed really dated, with not much new stuff over its predecessor. I'm afraid that if third game doesn't bring some new and interesting features then it will be just... mediocre.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played so far Spellforce 2 i guess? Middle of campaign, and i admit, it is fun. But kinda i will wait with buying Spellforce 3 until proper reviews from players, not guys from IGN etc. Don't trust them.

Played the beta, the game aesthetics and graphics are beautiful. But it's pretty dull being limited to regular deathmatch games.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

First one was something amazing, the mix of RTS and RPG was excellent, the whole thing of controlling your character from his/her point of view, soundtrack was fine and the visuals were good for it's time. Have the second one, but still haven't played it...

It has now released check out the release trailer, it looks really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what I am buying myself for Xmas :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I know what I am buying myself for Xmas :P
    Report back with how it is! I have the first two games and still need to get around to finishing them, got super far into the first game years back and keep meaning to play more. Really did enjoy the core concepts behind it, so as long as that remains the same/slightly improved I'm totally down for a much, much prettier version.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Report back with how it is! I have the first two games and still need to get around to finishing them, got super far into the first game years back and keep meaning to play more. Really did enjoy the core concepts behind it, so as long as that remains the same/slightly improved I'm totally down for a much, much prettier version.
    Oh no! You never completed the first game? I always felt it was a very good ending to the story they were telling, even though it wasn't then ending I was expecting. It has always stuck with me as being the right way to do a story like "that", as very few stories do "that" right. (sorry, trying to write without spoilers) This is just the core game, I don't recall playing any of the expansions, and I never got around to playing too much of the second game (maybe an hour or three).

I will for sure wait until they fix all the bugs. The single player mission in open beta was buggy as hell
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The resource delivery system seems retarded.
    The outpost system in the campaign looks out-of-place.
    The dialogue system is weird.
    The English voices are terrible.

It could be so much better.

BEWARE
    The game was patched like 3-4 times a day since the release. Elementary things like the quest triggers were utterly broken and the game was practically not beta tested at all. It seems to work somewhat stable now after reaching 1.12, but still I would wait another week or two to make sure you actually get a smooth experience unlike us suckers that had to deal with it at launch.

If you are here for the RPG part you should also watch out. While there is story and that drives the games narrative like an RPG and the interactions with NPCs do so as well, the loot system is fairly generic and frankly often times quite boring as far as I can see 27-30 hours in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The resource delivery system seems retarded.
    The outpost system in the campaign looks out-of-place.
    The dialogue system is weird.
    The English voices are terrible.

It could be so much better.
    I had no issue with the VA or the dialogue system besides the transcript on screen sometimes not fitting the spoken word exactly. I do agree though that the outpost system is kinda dumb in single player and also extremely annoying with how limited on workers you are in each sector, the delivery system is also just to piss you off while getting started (delaying everything..). Intercepting transports is really not worth it as the PC and I barely notice the "AI" doing it either, though I don't play on the harder difficulties.