Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxgrim View Post
    Now I would agree to this in the Legion Pre-Patch where talenting into Patient Sniper (Which then made Vulnerable only last for 6 seconds) gave you SOME of that finesse as making sure to hold Vulnerable up as much as possible while slotting in Aimed Shots was the only challenge a MM had - And it was fine, until Legion launched and Windburst essentially filled in those last few seconds where Vulnerable otherwise would be down while Sidewinders kept cropping down your toolkit, making 2 buttons work as 1 to the pleasure of all MM Hunters.

Atm there is little MM can do to in any way, shape or form screw up, as mentioned - When you get some decent gear, the set bonuses and some leggos, focus management becomes non-existent and to have close to permanent up-time on Vulnerable is not even something you need to think about anymore. MM HAD that finesse but it is all but gone now, making the spec just as easy if not easier than BM with little to no in-the-moment decisions that currently would affect them.
    You urgently need to play some MM in a raiding context at higher than the 30th percentile, this is simply not even true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing BM here, doing just fine in raids. And I have absolutely zero interest in Marksmanship because the spec doesn't appeal to me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still playing BM and having fun playing it.

that's what matters. Right? Fun?

Wait you mean to tell me I have to play OP FOTM? When did this change? I didn't get that e-mail.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

BM is definitely still very competitive. MM is certainly better on some fights, but BM is better on others imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciddot View Post
    BM is definitely still very competitive. MM is certainly better on some fights, but BM is better on others imo.
    MM is better on EVERY fight....i personally playing BM, but just like others said: a well played MM is always better than a BM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamenu View Post
    MM is better on EVERY fight....i personally playing BM, but just like others said: a well played MM is always better than a BM.
    Yes looking at it individually i agree. I do think however that due to bms mobility, he gives a little more room to the raid to breathe, bm is not standing still they will move away to give room when someone has fire on guldan for example, little stuff like that i think help a lot the others. The ideal MM who is not helping a bit and standing still dpsing while the ppl next to him are suffering through a mechanic gives a bit more room for errors. On the other hand a good bm who moves away from the ppl who need some space is sweet. This is the utility that will be missing i think if we go from bm to mm. I really dont know, if TOS is mechanical or dps check, i suppose this is the criteria

After we cleared heroic and the first 3 on mythic last night I got a pretty clear understanding of where BM sits(100-150k behind most dps specs)

Now that people have learned the fights, BM is starting to drop off in a big way. Even with 99% performance, I'm at least 100k behind other specs performing the same or worse.

Even running sims last night my 1164k BM dps (927ilvl) was beaten by my 1192k MM dps (923ilvl) with zero MM legendaries and using 3 ilvl900 pieces of t20. Can't argue with the numbers, MM is vastly superior to BM right now so long as you know how to play both specs at a high level.

I'm definitely not quite there with MM yet, but I'm actively trying to move to MM because its apparent now that BM is behind enough that it bothers me to sit in the bottom third of my guild's dps comp even with 99% performances across the board.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    not true. avatar has enough unavoidable movement and has pure st requirement, BM is better there.
    start9

Quote Originally Posted by Pijips View Post
    not true. avatar has enough unavoidable movement and has pure st requirement, BM is better there.
    Not according to Warcraft Logs, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...8&difficulty=4

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    Heroic should not be quoted for proof of something. Top end guilds (and thus the high parsers) are killing the boss much faster than average people and in Heroic you can literally refuse to do mechanics (like move to the back of the room) and not die.

BM has a decent place in pushing progression.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    heroic? really?
    start9

I'm going to go with the 3 BM Hunters in Method's WF kill as better proof that BM is the choice for Avatar over the heroic logs you linked...

At the levels I play on, I can afford to go with what I have more fun with.

I have more fun playing BM, being able to move freely and having pets, so I'll stick with the spec. MM is just snoozefest galore, played the spec through EN. I'm gonna go with the Stomp build as soon as I get the proper leggos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    At the levels I play on, I can afford to go with what I have more fun with.

I have more fun playing BM, being able to move freely and having pets, so I'll stick with the spec. MM is just snoozefest galore, played the spec through EN. I'm gonna go with the Stomp build as soon as I get the proper leggos.
    you dont really need any specific legendaries to play the stomp build just higher ilvl 2 piece tier 19 and above 30% crit. I am using Belt/Sephuz as it is simming highest for me but even Prydaz/Sephuz or Soul/Sephuz would probably sim just as well assuming I had higher ilvl neck or belt. Simming at 1,160,000 or so dps with the belt/sephuz combo

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I'm going to go with the 3 BM Hunters in Method's WF kill as better proof that BM is the choice for Avatar over the heroic logs you linked...
    Single target Mythic fight logs > one guild with members who have been focused on one spec for progression. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2032

Deleted
    So sick of this bm easy/doesnt have to worry about movement so should do crap dps.. I used to believe that. Then i leveled a DH.. Shaman (enhance).. frost dk and now Warlock (afflic).. Warlock is a potential main the rotation does not seem hard and we know how good afflic is.. also probably the least effected "caster" by movement

Only played Frost DK.. enhance shaman in heroic raids but still.. again super easy.. frost was one of the top specs in NH.

Now Havoc dh.. played it and Bm in mythic NH.. (when BM was good) and still smashed BM numbers.. Want to know how? meta pop trinkets and spam one button (chaos strike) maybe some filler if fury got low like throw glaive. Oh and hardly had to worry about mechanics in comparison to hunter
    Last edited by mmoc3d00caac28; 2017-07-13 at 07:40 PM.

Play MM on FA and KJ mythic and let me know when you change your mind.

Single target Mythic fight logs > one guild with members who have been focused on one spec for progression. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2032
    Lmao comparing Goroth to Avatar lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Got the MM boots, won 130k on Simcraft between my 932 BM gear and 925 MM gear, no regret letting BM down.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    With the 4pc tier 20 + 2pc T19, i'm holding my own against other MM hunters and dps. I tried MM but I keep messing up my rotation.

Deleted
    It seems the conclusion here is that BM is better in pretty much everything except dps checks, and wouldnt u say that for TOS mythic progression thats ok since there are no hard dps checks?