Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One that I did enjoy far more than I really had any right to was 20XX. It's the Mega Man sequel I wanted Mighty Number 9 to be and oh so much more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some good choices already listed, but for my take I'm gonna go with Inside (from the people who made Limbo - also fabulous), Oxenfree, and Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna).

Of course, it depends on how you're defining "underrated" whether it's reviews or sales or just how well known it is. Most of these had very excellent critical reception and probably a decent chunk of people have heard of them, but I don't know many people who actually played them. Shit, Oxenfree was free with Twitch Prime a few months ago and while I talked a number of people into making sure they claimed it while it was up, I'm not sure anyone actually ended up playing.

For bonus silly one, I loves me some Aviary Attorney.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Have you ever noticed though the dropoff of attention seems to be a lot faster with Indie games sadly? Maybe it's just me but I sure do feel that way.
    Well, it's understandable. Most of them end up being one-offs, and there's little guarantee the studio will strike gold twice. Plus, they don't have the same marketing engine pushing them as the bigger publishers do.

I just want more indie devs to realize what people ACTUALLY want, which is gameplay. Take Hollow Knight, which I raved about earlier; it's clearly a metroidvania concept. But it's streamlined (there's no ammo/health drops or incremental upgrades to ammo capacities or whatever), the upgrades "feel" really meaningful and unique, and there's a little Dark Souls in its DNA in some respects. But the visuals are top-notch, hand-dawn cartoon visuals, not 16-bit stuff (which is great, IN SOME CASES, but vastly overused now), and the music is amazing soft piano stuff. It doesn't "feel" like an old game, even if it's pulling inspiration from older titles. It captures the gameplay and refines it, and packages it all with a modern aesthetic and setting that really work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, also, Shoot Many Robots. It is a very simple sidescroller where you're a dude in funny clothes with ridiculous weapons who shoots evil robots. It has coop with friends (up to 4) and is really fun. I have gotten a lot of hours out of it despite it's simplicity. Definitely worth picking up a multipack to play with a buddy.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Rise to ruins

pretty solid game well made and always improving

10+ Year Old Account
    And thanks for the reminder - installing Hollow Knight now. Had been on my wishlist for awhile now, finally bought it during the Summer Sale. I have heard nothing but really really good things.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Valkyria Chronicles.

People who owned a PS3 may know of it, but hardly anyone I know who PC games had heard of it. Amazing turn based Strategy Game with a Great Story, Fun Gameplay and beautiful Soundtrack/Art.
    It looks like it might be good, but I can't stand that white border cloud nonsense. It drives me insane :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Furi: A fun top down boss rush ARPG. Long boss fights, with scenic tours in between. There is auto walk for the bits in between bosses. Controller is all but required for Furi

Hollow Knight: Endus already recommended this, but I'll second it. Hollow Knight is by far one of the best metroidvania games I've ever played. Also it's a 30ish hour game for $15 with more free stuff coming up

Dungeons 2: It's a modern Dungeon Keeper, what more could you ask for? Also the narrator from Stanley Parable narrates what you do -- or rather what you're supposed to do. I will note that Dungeons 3 is coming out soon and it looks to be more of the same.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2017-07-11 at 07:02 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Dungeons 2: It's a modern Dungeon Keeper, what more could you ask for?
    A better game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Banished - great world building game
    Need agree here, Banished is great game. But sadly only one person work on it, so updates is not regulary sadly. But mods makes game more fun, like Colonial Charter, New Medieval Town etc.

From me... Gothic 2 + Night Of The Raven. Mainly popular in Poland, Germany or Russia series, but G2 is still the best, and yet still alive thanks for mods. Shame that Spellbound ruined Gothic 4 but oh well...

Deleted
    Patrician: If you like trade simulations. Same as Rise of Venice.

The Guild 2: Sims meets trade simulation. Played it a lot. Waiting for part 3, which is comiing out this year.

Armello: A cool board game with animals as classes.

Deathtrap: A mix of Tower defense and Diablo.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bought Momodora last friday. Looks good, plays good, sounds good. I'll finish it soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Zero Gear (kind of a Mario Kart just for PC)
    The Ship and Bloody Good Time with are both detective type multiplayer games. Really fun!

Neko Para Comment section

not the game itself, couldn't care less

But the comment section alone I'd be willing to pay for

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    A better game.
    War For The Overworld, though Dungeons 2 is a good game, it's just not truly a DK successor, nor does it need to be.

I'll save you some money.

Search hentai into google.

??

Profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I'll save you some money.

Search hentai into google.

??

Profit.
    Whoa no way it's not like I don't already have 200+ bookmarks and a 5tb external filled with it already or anything.

Crusader kings 2 especially if you are a fan of a song of ice and fire. Snag it during summer sale. The Asoiaf mod is awesome, i have put untold hours into the mod.