Any reason to not quest on prot?

I really like fury but being a dwarf warrior I also love the shield and sword thing going on and enjoy the mechanics of prot as well.

It seems like it does decent dmg not as much aoe I guess as fury but still pretty good. am I nuts (I am level 102 now) to continue this way.

Also if I get jumped can prot do anything against others in pvp?

I leveled monk dk and dh from 100 to 110 as tanks. Never had an issue with it and in fact it was more relaxed than doing it as dps. I could comfortably pull much more mobs than i would with a dps and kill them fairly fast. I leveled my warrior at the start of the expansion as fury but at the end lvls and early 110 i turned prot as it was actually easier (due to the lack of gear).

At 110 I still swap my spec to tank for wq, you can do the quests without taking any risk and tanks are just simply overpowered on world pvp at the moment.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    I really like fury but being a dwarf warrior I also love the shield and sword thing going on and enjoy the mechanics of prot as well.

It seems like it does decent dmg not as much aoe I guess as fury but still pretty good. am I nuts (I am level 102 now) to continue this way.

Also if I get jumped can prot do anything against others in pvp?
    If you dont die within their stun/burst, you don´t die at all. If it gets messy, charge a random mob, kill it, receive victory rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Anyone not leveling as Prot is a bad warrior or generally let me rephrase it to a less insulting sentence.

Anyone that doesnt spec Prot while leveling and pull a whole area to complete a quest in 5 seconds with BC instead of charging around desperately with Arms/Fury , should really start doing so.

I havent leveled as anything else ever after TBC, there is no point since the game has changed and tanks can do decent amounts of damage without ever dying, you just need to know your limits while leveling considering some mobs can be new or do something annoying and kite your ass.

10 mobs? 20 mobs? Depends etc etc, comes down to game knowledge and basic math calculations on the fly.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-07-14 at 11:25 AM.

Oh lower gear levels (like <900) i did all world content as prot.

I'd also level as tank, it's just easy and forgiving.

Leveled a prot warrior the first time around when legion launched, leveld a second warrior as arms, and went extremely fast, think only 7?ish hours to 110.

I've leveled three toons as prot this expansion (warrior, pally, druid) and my warrior very rarely switches to Fury for anything even at cap. Stick with prot and love life.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Fury is faster if you know how to play the spec, prot is easier. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Anyone not leveling as Prot is a bad warrior or generally let me rephrase it to a less insulting sentence.

Anyone that doesnt spec Prot while leveling and pull a whole area to complete a quest in 5 seconds with BC instead of charging around desperately with Arms/Fury , should really start doing so.

I havent leveled as anything else ever after TBC, there is no point since the game has changed and tanks can do decent amounts of damage without ever dying, you just need to know your limits while leveling considering some mobs can be new or do something annoying and kite your ass.

10 mobs? 20 mobs? Depends etc etc, comes down to game knowledge and basic math calculations on the fly.
    Stupid question whats BC?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Stupid question whats BC?
    battle cry.

I always level tank spec when it is an option. Especially now with Combat Companions. Grab you a dps companion and go level easy mode. Pull it all and survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I've leveled three toons as prot this expansion (warrior, pally, druid) and my warrior very rarely switches to Fury for anything even at cap. Stick with prot and love life.
    ^ This guy knows what's up.

No reason at all, in fact, questing as prot is easy-mode in every circumstance except one where you have to kill something super-fast and get out of there.