Warglaives Xmog... can someone clarify?

So if I kill Illidan in BT TW on ANY character on my account, and have the warglaives achievement on ANY character on my account, it will unlock the transmog for my DH?

Or does my DH need to have the warglaives / get the kill?

Any character.

I had Warglaives on my Rogue, cleared BT on my Warlock, and it unlocked the transmog on my Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the glaive achievement on my rogue, killed TW-Illy on my paladin and my DH got the transmog option

I heard there is some special RP moment from Illidan if you're a DH, though. Would've loved to see but the pugs want 910 ilvl+ :P

You can have the achievement on any character. You can also get the transmog glaives to drop on any character, too. Our shaman got them when we killed Illidan last night.

In order to unlock the transmog you need the warglaives achievement with any character. To unlock the transmog however, you need to kill Illidan with a Demon Hunter. Just did it with my guild, im the only one that got the transmog achievement even though other ppl had the original warglaives achievement.

So they either hotfixed it yesterday or maybe its not guaranteed if you arent playing a dh.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-07-14 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    In order to unlock the transmog you need the warglaives achievement with any character. To unlock the transmog however, you need to kill Illidan with a Demon Hunter.
    The latter part is untrue as previously stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    In order to unlock the transmog you need the warglaives achievement with any character. To unlock the transmog however, you need to kill Illidan with a Demon Hunter. Just did it with my guild, im the only one that got the transmog achievement even though other ppl had the original warglaives achievement.

So they either hotfixed it yesterday or maybe its not guaranteed if you arent playing a dh.
    No, they said basically when they announced BT timewalking that it was get the glaives on any toon that can use them (the classes on the item), get the kill on any toon and the mog would unlock

what they recently said was that BT timewalk is permanent and will be up for every single BC timewalk from now on
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...il-you-get-out

Complete Black Temple Timewalking with any character and possess the achievement for getting both glaives out of OG Black Temple.

Completed on my rogue and have the glaives. Can transmog on my Demon hunter. Same would be true if I completed timewalking on my druid, who can't even wield glaives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So if I kill Illidan in BT TW on ANY character on my account, and have the warglaives achievement on ANY character on my account, it will unlock the transmog for my DH?
    You are correct, OP

7+ Year Old Account
    after years of only left glaive drop lol. hope its retro as id like tos ee it if i get the other glaive after doing this achieve
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

If you kill Illidan and get the glaves after it, do you get the transmog or you need to kill Illidan again?

Deleted
    I think you get it the transmog.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    If you kill Illidan and get the glaves after it, do you get the transmog or you need to kill Illidan again?

Judging from the text on the feat that gives you the transmog you would need to complete it again after obtaining them

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You would need to kill Illidan again as you need to have the warglaives achievement when you kill him to unlock the transmog. Here is a link to a thread on the official forums where the OP got a response from a GM stating this to be true.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757707769
    Last edited by Flatspriest; 2017-07-17 at 01:00 AM.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I had the glaive achievement on my rogue, killed TW-Illy on my paladin and my DH got the transmog option

I heard there is some special RP moment from Illidan if you're a DH, though. Would've loved to see but the pugs want 910 ilvl+ :P
    Stupid pugs then It's TW your ilvl gets reduced anyway ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. You first need both glaives and THEN kill Illidan TW. So if you don't have them right now get back to farming and hope they drop before september (when we'll see another TBC-TW event)

Deleted
    It's a rip that it's only for Demon Hunters.