Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future of DH's after the Legion, with the Void before us.

With all the hype about the next expansion, and the fact the impending big baddies of the future are going to be Void focused....

With the Legion defeated and behind us.... Whats next for Demon Hunters and how will they fit in...?

Anyone think it is possible to get a 3rd Demon Hunter spec with a void focus.....

They always said the reason for a lack of a 3rd spec, is they didn't have enough thematic things to go off of without minimizing the rest of the specs.

WHAT IF in order to face the Void and the Shadows: Demon Hunters use their chaotic fel magic to wield the void without going mad....

Like we have SEEN the legion manipulate the void....

What do yall think about some sort of "Void stalker" or Rift stalker, some void/shadow spec? Possibly call it Madness, or Darkness in line with Havoc/Vengeance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "didn't have enough thematic" = quickier and cheaper to just make 2 specs.

A Void Demon Hunter? Hmm... I don't know if you can kill and eat a Voidthing's heart to have it's powers. But it would look cool. Warlocks could probably do it better tho, they already mess with void stuff. Demon Hunters have no prior experience.

Well exactly warlocks do it... It seems like the Legion does it.... IF the legions existence is to wipe out the void.... why would they wield it? Same reason DH's and Warlocks wield the Fel.... AND DH's are very similar to warlocks.

I get the business reasons why... BUT

Demon Hunters purpose in connected to the Legion is more dependent of a connection than the DK's with the Lich King....

A Demon Hunters mentality when facing an enemy is literally "by any means necessary" "fight fire with fire"

Doesn't it make sense that they would see the Void as a bigger threat and willing to sacrifice anything to stop it? even their own sanity?

The fact that they are masters of chaotic Fel could allow them, use the fel, to wield the shadow, BUT their source power will always be Fel.

Makes sense to me and makes the DH story and purpose to exist seem to move forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to happen imo.

Lets say, after the 'void" xpack, the other threat is a ragnaros 3.0

then what? DH are gaining a 4 spec with some elemental shizz ?

I'm pretty certain that the only class in wow that does anything with the void is shadow priest. Fel makes everything pretty much imune to the void or the corruption of the void gods. Regardless, only two specs were simply because it was cheaper and faster and they still couldn't produce a decent havoc spec. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a third spec.

Sargeras created Legion to fight old gods. We wield same fel powers as legion, which we can use against old gods/void.

Lots of classes and their specs have been (as far as lore) ill-equipped to handle a lot of situations. Shadow priests have fought Old Gods and their minions, as well as other Void creatures and darkened Naaru. Warlocks have hurled fel fire at demons for a while - even more since MoP. Fire mages and destro warlocks have flung fire at Ragnaros on multiple occasions. Frost mages & DKs fight Ahune every Midsummer by throwing icicles and snow at him. Shamans cast lightning at the Thunder King, despite the fact that he's basically just a humanoid lightning rod. Not many specs were ever changed to combat the current big bad guy in a specialized way, aside from new classes made for a specific expansion.

The fact that they have more practice killing demons is just a plot point to bring them to where they are now. It's not like DKs are treated with the same heroic stance that they were in WotLK, since they have just become another group of adventurers since the fall of Arthas - it's likely the same will be done with DHs after Legion. They haven't had any practice dealing with the Void, or training with it for years the same way they have with fel energy.

In both lore and gameplay, they'll be at the same place as everyone else in future expansions, going to the same areas in the same manner, with the same information as everyone else. They're still excellent fighters, they'll just use fel energy to fight the Void. They had an advantage and a deeper backstory in Legion to catch them up to everyone else. They're caught up now.

As far as pure gameplay, no. They have a nice rounded number for all of their specs as it is, with demon hunters evening out druids having four specs. If they do get another spec, most other classes would as well. If anything, they could have more shadow moves in their talents, or have certain spells changed via glyphs - a shadow eye beam would be cool (even if it doesn't match the lore exactly for them).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

No one had any problems with DK after wotlk, they're just a class, and DKs are helping other classes, DH will do the same. I don't think that they're getting new spec, because that wouldn't make any sense... DH means DEMON hunters, not VOID hunters. And just because they're fighting with the demons it doesn't mean they will be useless in the fight with the Void.
    It's not like they're jsut with us for that one expansion, lol.

I think the good future for us would be to be removed completely out of this game. It was fun but now Blizzard has too much classes to work with as far as optimization / pleasure and diversity are concerned.

DH dps this tier is a clue with what Blizz is going to do - Just remove them from the game.

I dont think DHs will get any lore after Legion. Why? Because this is supposed to be our addon. DK's didnt get much personal attention after WotLK, monks didnt get much after MoP. DHs will stay ... well, as DH's, same as warriors, rogues, mages, etc. No lore, we just fight new baddies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    DH dps this tier is a clue with what Blizz is going to do - Just remove them from the game.
    Haha, indeed

- - - Updated - - -

I SEE MANY DEMONHUNTERZ ON METHODS KJ KILL!!!111 This is our addon, and we should be everywhere, right? ... Right? ...

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    I dont think DHs will get any lore after Legion. Why? Because this is supposed to be our addon. DK's didnt get much personal attention after WotLK, monks didnt get much after MoP. DHs will stay ... well, as DH's, same as warriors, rogues, mages, etc. No lore, we just fight new baddies.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, indeed

- - - Updated - - -

I SEE MANY DEMONHUNTERZ ON METHODS KJ KILL!!!111 This is our addon, and we should be everywhere, right? ... Right? ...
    I mean this the nicest way possible, but you're 9/9 normal. What Method does has nothing to do with what you do. Everytime a new tier goes down, these same conversations come up. The best players in the world are playing classes that give them the biggest advantage on a specific fight.

Deleted
    7.3 Spoilers...
    In lore we'd probably just guard Illidan's Tomb preventing Sargeras from ever being released.

In reality we'll just keep plodding along with npc dialog from Legion, just like every other class. We wont get another spec because there is just no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I mean this the nicest way possible, but you're 9/9 normal. What Method does has nothing to do with what you do. Everytime a new tier goes down, these same conversations come up. The best players in the world are playing classes that give them the biggest advantage on a specific fight.
    You are 100% right, I cannot argue. But just think for a moment - isn't it quite weird that class, whose personality is the main point of this addon, class, that was just added to the game isn't among those best classes?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it was a time when mages were OP and topping meters - many tiers, when owls were OP with their crazy AoE, warlocks, rogues, warriors, even monks were OP for several tiers, but DHs were just added to the game ... and immediately finished in a trash can. Isnt it weird?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    "didn't have enough thematic" = quickier and cheaper to just make 2 specs.

A Void Demon Hunter? Hmm... I don't know if you can kill and eat a Voidthing's heart to have it's powers. But it would look cool. Warlocks could probably do it better tho, they already mess with void stuff. Demon Hunters have no prior experience.
    What lock do we DH do it better! Just look at their old meta and our META
    HAHAHA just kidding!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    What lock do we DH do it better! Just look at their old meta and our META
    HAHAHA just kidding!
    C'mon bro, I'm still salty.

But it's weird, lots of people said "nah, Demon Hunter spells overlap with 'locks, Blizzard would not create duplicate, nor would they remove their iconic spells.

And they did just that. Which brings me hope for a new Tinker class: just remove a piece of Engineering and part of the Hunters' kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No one had any problems with DK after wotlk, they're just a class, and DKs are helping other classes, DH will do the same. I don't think that they're getting new spec, because that wouldn't make any sense... DH means DEMON hunters, not VOID hunters. And just because they're fighting with the demons it doesn't mean they will be useless in the fight with the Void.
    It's not like they're jsut with us for that one expansion, lol.
    They did state they tried a few different specializations for a third but nothing panned out for legion. However, if you go into the paladin order hall you'll note a giant Holy Demon. This could lead to several options for Demon Hunters third spec, from healing, to potential being the only 2 tanking spec class. There is a dual healing spec class. There is lots of options, and I'd almost bet we'd see a third spec before a new class is added. Then we kinda have to also infer where we're going class wise for all classes and our weapons after legion? Do we commune and imbue ourselves with our weapons power??? Do we ascend our weapons? Do we legit just lose our weapons in the final confrontation? Obviously that would be the day of expansion release not when you beat the Argus raid.

Inevitably they could go 100 ways including just giving us some bonus for having 2 specs only, nothing is written in stone, and if they were to take a tip or 2 from the old days some flavor being added back to races and classes would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    They did state they tried a few different specializations for a third but nothing panned out for legion. However, if you go into the paladin order hall you'll note a giant Holy Demon. This could lead to several options for Demon Hunters third spec, from healing, to potential being the only 2 tanking spec class. There is a dual healing spec class. There is lots of options, and I'd almost bet we'd see a third spec before a new class is added. Then we kinda have to also infer where we're going class wise for all classes and our weapons after legion? Do we commune and imbue ourselves with our weapons power??? Do we ascend our weapons? Do we legit just lose our weapons in the final confrontation? Obviously that would be the day of expansion release not when you beat the Argus raid.

Inevitably they could go 100 ways including just giving us some bonus for having 2 specs only, nothing is written in stone, and if they were to take a tip or 2 from the old days some flavor being added back to races and classes would be nice.
    Expansion oriented spec would be kinda weird, but I get your point.

The main issue I see with the suggestions to a third spec for DH's is that all the ideas come too close to something we already have and, knowing Blizzard, they would just gut one spec to "make way" for DH's third spec.
    Your void idea, although I like it, comes too close to warlocks or even shadow priests. I can just imagine how badly they'd turn out if they lost some of their abilities to DH's (shadow priests already aren't in too good of a place to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    You know a while back Russia tried to remove a letter from their alphabet because it was rarely used and they ran into a multitude of issues. That served as a lesson that you can't just remove something once it's included.
    You can't remove DH's now that they're in the game, believe it or not, some people actually like them. Imagine if a class you played was just removed because "reasons", you probably wouldn't be too happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    C'mon bro, I'm still salty.

But it's weird, lots of people said "nah, Demon Hunter spells overlap with 'locks, Blizzard would not create duplicate, nor would they remove their iconic spells.

And they did just that. Which brings me hope for a new Tinker class: just remove a piece of Engineering and part of the Hunters' kit!
    I know what you mean but let's be honest Meta was always a bit strange for locks, they are the master of demons but not one themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santura View Post
    The main issue I see with the suggestions to a third spec for DH's is that all the ideas come too close to something we already have and, knowing Blizzard, they would just gut one spec to "make way" for DH's third spec.
    Your void idea, although I like it, comes too close to warlocks or even shadow priests. I can just imagine how badly they'd turn out if they lost some of their abilities to DH's (shadow priests already aren't in too good of a place to begin with).

You know a while back Russia tried to remove a letter from their alphabet because it was rarely used and they ran into a multitude of issues. That served as a lesson that you can't just remove something once it's included.
    You can't remove DH's now that they're in the game, believe it or not, some people actually like them. Imagine if a class you played was just removed because "reasons", you probably wouldn't be too happy about it.
    I bealive it's the most played class right now