The Search for Stormscale

I've been searching for a good non-druid skinning spot for these for a long time, something that matches up to Falcosaur farming

I've done Eye of Azshara, Beach Crabs, Eels, Rays. But I think I found a good spot finally.

In Stormheim in the sea around the Goblin Zeppelin, there are Deep Water Clackers in groups of 11, and they are linked so if you aggro one, you aggro them all. Simply pulling 2 groups gets you 22 clackers that can be killed quickly, unlike the Azshara crabs. And unlike some other spots, they arent deep down in the ocean making it a "druid only" skinning spot.

I checked other areas with Deep Water Clackers and none of them act the same way, and the young ones in Broken Shore aren't even skinnable, making the whole idea of using a deep diving helmet and looking for these pointless, which you'd think was the idea originally.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2017-07-16 at 04:08 PM.

yea, the crabs in stormheim are the best. Just use serverhop with it. You can just google stormscale farming stormheim and it's always first result.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I've been searching for a good non-druid skinning spot for these for a long time, something that matches up to Falcosaur farming

I've done Eye of Azshara, Beach Crabs, Eels, Rays. But I think I found a good spot finally.

In Stormheim in the sea around the Goblin Zeppelin, there are Deep Water Clackers in groups of 11, and they are linked so if you aggro one, you aggro them all. Simply pulling 2 groups gets you 22 clackers that can be killed quickly, unlike the Azshara crabs. And unlike some other spots, they arent deep down in the ocean making it a "druid only" skinning spot.

I checked other areas with Deep Water Clackers and none of them act the same way, and the young ones in Broken Shore aren't even skinnable, making the whole idea of using a deep diving helmet and looking for these pointless, which you'd think was the idea originally.
    not sure why you'd call this place 'druid only'...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=175866/...eathing-elixir
    not a problem for non druids at all.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    not sure why you'd call this place 'druid only'...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=175866/...eathing-elixir
    not a problem for non druids at all.
    Some places in the Deep Ocean have large packs but very far apart, making Druid Swim form ideal for those areas. Since its the movement speed that kills farming there.

Stormheim is convienent because the clackers come to you, and the distance between packs isn't annoyingly huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some places in the Deep Ocean have large packs but very far apart, making Druid Swim form ideal for those areas. Since its the movement speed that kills farming there.

Stormheim is convienent because the clackers come to you, and the distance between packs isn't annoyingly huge.
    I wouldn't go anywhere else BUT stormheim... not even as a druid.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I wouldn't go anywhere else BUT stormheim... not even as a druid.
    Really I heard deep sea seahorse farming was pretty amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really I heard deep sea seahorse farming was pretty amazing.
    I get 400-500 scales in 60min or so in stormheim. I start around 65/31 in stormheim, I go north and then clockwise around that island, by the time I get back to where I started the packs have respawned, I can make 2 trips around the island before my potion wears off... where are these sea horses I might have to test them.

I get 400-500 scales in 60min or so in stormheim. I start around 65/31 in stormheim, I go north and then clockwise around that island, by the time I get back to where I started the packs have respawned, I can make 2 trips around the island before my potion wears off... where are these sea horses I might have to test them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w88g4pT1rfs

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be missing the location... watch the video 5x.

Deleted
    coordinates and map screenshot are in the vid description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    coordinates and map screenshot are in the vid description.
    Thank you, I'll have to give it a visit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is stormscale farming lucrative?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Is stormscale farming lucrative?
    It's really just grinding for gold. It just depends how much time you want to put in grinding. The stomachs you get have lots of vendor trash and sometimes rarely profession materials, even archeology fragments. Then on top of that is the regular vendor trash and greens and the occasional blue/purple. Then depending on your shoulder enchant you have a chance of getting a double proc every hour of whatever you are trying to get there.

Usually it's more about playstyle, if you enjoy semi-afk flying node to node farming its fine, if you prefer actively grinding then skinning is more your bag. And if you just enjoy sitting in the city and setting up scripts then you can do the enchanting shuffle.

However the next patch is coming up soon and it might throw everything out of whack.

Deleted

Use your artifact fishing pole and you are faster than a druid without it. (: