Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Agree with most of your ideas, but I would also like to change mastery into something completely different and make the mongoose bite charge mechanic tied into something else. As it is now the mastery stat is kind of like old hit/expertise where if you don't have enough of it it's shitty RNG mechanic and if you have too much (with something like t19 2pc especially) it drops in value significantly.

In general I would like to have more emphasis on traps, bleeds and poisons instead of the current version where you dmg is mainly MB or Butchery and FS (depending on talents), with the traps and dots doing pitiful damage as filler attacks.

I miss Cata SV so much. ES, SS, Black Arrow, L&L, Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by shadow82 View Post
    Mastery: Hunting Companion
    We all know the official description of SV right ? Traps, poison blablabla ? So in addition to the current mechanic tied to the mastery and mongoose charge, I would also suggest to add an interaction with our dots to boost all dots damage (basline dot as well as talent and artifact ones). To keep it interesting we could imagine that instead of a flat % increase, the mastery could still be trigered; for instance let's make it interactive with our pet to keep the naming flavor, whenever he uses is attack (bite, claw,...) it would inflinct part of all the dots damage instantly. It would then still keep the stat attractive even once we reach a certain amount that would overflow the mongoose procs.
    I agree on this. The spec is so DoT-heavy, why isn't our mastery somehow profiting a DoT playstyle? Would love that!

Deleted
    Mastery: dot and trap based % value.

Mongoose Bite: Make it 3-4 stacks and lower the base dmg and % based increase accordingly. Spamming isn't fun when you need to drop your normal rotation.

Traps: Waylay is a fun idea, but pretty useless in any groupbased PVE. For all I care, make it a toggable button that increases the focus cost of your trap by 100% to get the waylay effect.

Raptor Strike: I know, nostalgic name, but just remove it. It's a button to press when you're dumping focus (not often) or keep up Mok'nathal, which leads me to:

Way of the Mok'nathal: Ten seconds, four stacks? Make it 15 seconds, or 10 seconds and 2 stacks. It's just too cumbersome.

Fury of the Eagle: Too late in the expansion to change, but why not summon an eagle pet to attack our target? Or give us a haste buff? Or apply strong bleeds to the target/targets we hit? Channel the spirit of Huln and gain empowered versions of Mongoose Bite, Flanking Strikes...whatever? Or the simplest one I can think of, gives us 6 stacks of Mongoose Bites for x amount of seconds?

I understand SV was a completely new spec and they're trying to figure it out during Legion, but it misses more opportunities than it strikes, so I have hope that in the next expansion, they have a clear direction on how to take this spec.

For gods sake improve the animation and sound of Fury of the Eagle. I think I never saw something so cheap, ugly and horrible sounding in WoW before.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    I miss Cata SV so much. ES, SS, Black Arrow, L&L, Cobra
    Me too. Still makes me so sad that they gutted it into a melee spec. Maybe one day they'll bring it back. I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowTang View Post
    Me too. Still makes me so sad that they gutted it into a melee spec. Maybe one day they'll bring it back. I hope.
    With all of the current work, weapons and lore created for the current spec, not ever gonna happen. The spec will just get improved and streamlined (as it should be) over time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    A survival hunter is my main-alt.

What i think is that they need to get rid of some buttons there.
    It has way too many things one should keep track of...

- buff on self
    - bleed on target
    - mongoose buff stack
    - short aspect CD
    (and these are only what i can think of right now)

The spec could be split like assasination rogues used to be; just it should be bleed vs. direct damage...

If they won't revert SV to a true ranged spec, it needs to become a hybrid melee/ranged as it was originally (many moons ago).
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

I hate talents like WOM so I just wish they would delete it. But rolling it into Flanking Strike would still be an improvement.

Not really a fan of Fury either, but if it's going to stay around I'd rather have them reduce MB from 6-4 or something to improve burst and reduce the randomness problem of not having enough procs during the window.

I really love the Dragonsfire Grenade concept and I kind of wish it would just take the place of explosive trap.

Lacerate is kind of just an extra button that doesn't really hit any particular theme of the class aside from having been an old talent. It's like they just had a checklist of old SV abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    With all of the current work, weapons and lore created for the current spec, not ever gonna happen. The spec will just get improved and streamlined (as it should be) over time.
    Then it will always remain the least played spec in the game.

Played my SV Hunter after a looong break and this is what I'd like...

#Abilities
    - Remove Raptor Strike
    - "Aspect of the Turtle": remove "but you can not attack"

#Artefact
    "Fury of the Eagle"
    - delete the "damage increased by Mungoose Fury" part and up the damage a bit. + New annimation.

"Bird of Prey"
    - Redesign: "Flanking Strike also heals you for 8% total health over 6 seconds.

#Talents
    "Way of the Mok'Nathal"
    - Redesign: Mungoose Fury also increases your attack speed by 4% per stack.

"Sticky Bomb"
    - 3 sekond stun instead of knockback

"Caltrops"
    - replace / redesign it with a talent that let's you drop any of your traps at your position instead of point to an area.

"Serpent Sting"
    - Replace Raptor Strike with Lacerate

I think the whole Mongoose fury window is poorly designed. Imo each mongoose bite should add 1-3 seconds to the duration (can reduce the duration of the initial fury to compensate) and just let the fury run out when you run out of bites to maintain it.

Deleted
    SV main here, I like the idea of more range/melee hybrid abillities.

1. Throwing Axes replacing Raptor Strike.
    2. Fury of the Eagle, new animation and a complete redesign. Channeled attacks for melees feels bad to me.
    3. Snake hunter giving 3 stacks of Mongoose Fury AND Bites, not only Bites.
    4. Intimidation replacing Sticky Bomb.
    5. Dragonsfire Grenade replacing Explosive Trap which also would buff it by a lot.
    6. Camouflage baseline.
    7. Perhaps remove Lacerate, or make it a talent that replaces Flanking Strike as a Lonewolf alternative. Just a thought.

EDIT:
    Aspect of the Cheetah cooldown lowered aswell.
    Disengage baseline, Posthaste talent that removes roots and gives speed bonus.

PvP talents are well designed. I switch between them all quite a lot but the normal talents needs much work.
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2017-08-07 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    3. Snake hunter giving 3 stacks of Mongoose Fury AND Bites, not only Bites.
    It would be quite a buff, but also would make Snake Hunter a must have talent.

My opinions of changing:

1. Remove or change to another skill the Harpoon dot, in my opinion it's a kind of dumb having a dot in a skill that we don't use to dps.
    2. Make the FotE a "passive buff" (like an imolation, but spiritual lances hitting for us) that makes the damage like the live skill, but we also can continue our rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    I think the whole Mongoose fury window is poorly designed. Imo each mongoose bite should add 1-3 seconds to the duration (can reduce the duration of the initial fury to compensate) and just let the fury run out when you run out of bites to maintain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
    It would be quite a buff, but also would make Snake Hunter a must have talent.
    Right now I really don't know why I should use Snake Hunter (not Mongoose Fury). I'm playing with Animal Instincts and Mortal Wounds and I can't fit all my Mongoose Bite stacks into the buff duration, how the hell am I supposed to add three more to it? I mean most times it's not even working when I'm using Aspect at 6 stacks instead of the beginning because Flanking Strike and Mortal Wounds are giving me so much stacks. Most times I can't even fit Fury of the Eagle into my rotation. It's really weird. FotE is fail design par excellence. I mean what is this skill even supposed to do? Prolong the buff and do AoE damage or what? I still don't get it.

I really really like Survival (it's my 10th alt in Legion) and I think it's the most fun spec in game but there are so many design flaws that really bug me. Why can't Mastery increase the duration of the Mongoose buff? Like 1% increases the duration by 0,2 seconds or something like that. Mastery feels really lackluster because it doesn't give us anything except the increased proc chance. I mean other classes have similar things but then additional damage to some skills but we only have this proc chance...

And what am I supposed to do with Raptor Strike? I'm hardly using it, there's like no situation I can make use out of it (I'm not playing with Mok'Nathal).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-07 at 02:57 PM.

Mongoose fury is the buff you get from using mb, you're talking about way of the mok'nathal.

From what you've written it doesn't really sound like you know how to play survival optimally

Mongoose fury is the buff you get from using mb, you're talking about way of the mok'nathal.

From what you've written it doesn't really sound like you know how to play survival optimally
    Sorry, I meant Snake Hunter (the talent) and not Mongoose Fury, corrected it.

Well, what's there not to understand? Filler phase and burst phase with maximum Mongoose Bite power.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sorry, I meant Snake Hunter (the talent) and not Mongoose Fury, corrected it.

Well, what's there not to understand? Filler phase and burst phase with maximum Mongoose Bite power.
    Stuff like using aspect only when you're at 6 stacks, not knowing how to use fury.

Aspect should be used when mongoose fury has 10 seconds left to benefit completely from it.
    Fury of the eagle should be used as close to the end of the mongoose fury window as possible as this enables you to fit one more bite at the end with max stacks.

Stuff like using aspect only when you're at 6 stacks, not knowing how to use fury.

Aspect should be used when mongoose fury has 10 seconds left to benefit completely from it.
    Did you even read what I wrote? Nowhere did I say anything you imply in your post, e.g:

...as this enables you to fit one more bite at the end with max stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Prolong the buff...
    I asked some questions (how to make use of Snake Hunter when you already have too much stacks without it, Raptor Strike usage, questioning the design of FotE etc).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-07 at 03:29 PM.