Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    when I'm using Aspect at 6 stacks instead of the beginning because Flanking Strike and Mortal Wounds are giving me so much stacks. Most times I can't even fit Fury of the Eagle into my rotation.

Did I misunderstand you?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Did I misunderstand you?
    The context is important, that sentence has some important stuff before the passage you quoted:

Right now I really don't know why I should use Snake Hunter (not Mongoose Fury). I'm playing with Animal Instincts and Mortal Wounds and I can't fit all my Mongoose Bite stacks into the buff duration, how the hell am I supposed to add three more to it?
    Maybe it wasn't clear, sorry. It's about Snake Hunter and how to optimally use it when you already have too much procs of Mongoose Bite.

The context is important, that sentence has some important stuff before the passage you quoted:

Maybe it wasn't clear, sorry. It's about Snake Hunter and how to optimally use it when you already have too much procs of Mongoose Bite.
    Right but my point was that you were using aspect incorrectly. You want as many bites while it's active with the most number of stacks as it provides a damage and crit buff. Using it at the beginning of a mongoose fury window is incorrect as you lose the last few bites and using it when you get 6 stacks is also wrong as you miss the few bites leading up to getting 6 stacks.

The point with eagle is that is enables you a final bite when you normally wouldn't have the time for it so you should aim to always use it when you can.

With regards on how to use snake hunter, mortal wounds isn't generally used as there are no encounters (avatar maybe) where you can continually have lacerate running on more than one target for any decent amount of time. This means that snake hunter will have value in giving you instant bite stacks when you're starved for some during the fury window.

I highly doubt you are always overflowing with bite stacks with mortal wounds and if that is the case it's possible you have too much mastery and would do better getting more haste and crit.

Deleted
    Survival is a severily underlooked spec for how fun it can be. BUT it comes with frustrations, like we all mentioned above. Artifact ability NEEDS to change! I like the idea of no cd on flanking strike, but I would delete flanking aswell as it happens way to often pet is rooted or something.

People forget survival is the only melee spec with 3 root breakers essentially making you immune to a mage kiting you. It's VERY fun to show a mage the full potential of the survival toolkit. I showed that to quite a few 3k+ mages and it's probably my best moments in WoW so far. So I'm sticking with survival and praying hard that Blizzard hears us, maybe... one day. UGH!

Random question regarding SV cause I have an alt i'm just getting gear for and want to play. Can you play SV without a pet? I just don't like pet spec's what so ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Random question regarding SV cause I have an alt i'm just getting gear for and want to play. Can you play SV without a pet? I just don't like pet spec's what so ever.

No, you can't.
    No need to hate it though, because you are always close to it. Pretty much. Doesn't really require any management at all.

[QUOTE=Challenge;46652161]First off, still holding hope they make survival a tank spec next expansion as the first mail/pet tank niche. Unlikely, but that would be my hope.
    Explosive Trap: Make it drop at my feet again. It just feels smoother, I dont really need it to be ranged

You can drop it at your feet, use the @cursor macro and it goes where your mouse is.

/cast [@cursor] Explosive Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Explosive Trap: Make it drop at my feet again. It just feels smoother, I dont really need it to be ranged
    use the /cast [@player] Explosive Trap makro, using it for all my traps (though you need to watch out you're standing a little bit inside the boss), and using opie (the spell wheel) for throwing them.

I would love to have some kind of merge between RS and FS or RS and Lacerate (which would give RS the ability to apply 3 dots tho..)

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    People forget survival is the only melee spec with 3 root breakers essentially making you immune to a mage kiting you. It's VERY fun to show a mage the full potential of the survival toolkit. I showed that to quite a few 3k+ mages and it's probably my best moments in WoW so far. So I'm sticking with survival and praying hard that Blizzard hears us, maybe... one day. UGH!
    3 root breakers? I can only remember 2, and both are talented.

Posthaste Harpoon, Master's Call and...?

I'm having trouble with roots in PvP because I chose other talents (Farstrider, Hunting Pack) because I mostly play random BGs and those felt more often useful than the competition. Which is the third root breaker?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    3 root breakers? I can only remember 2, and both are talented.

Posthaste Harpoon, Master's Call and...?

I'm having trouble with roots in PvP because I chose other talents (Farstrider, Hunting Pack) because I mostly play random BGs and those felt more often useful than the competition. Which is the third root breaker?
    Feign death with the pvp talent removes all magical roots.

- - - Updated - - -

Posthaste is currently bugged and often do not dispel roots. Really annoying.

Master's Call is very important for denying any incoming slows and roots. But I think aspect of the cheetah is way to long CD so I understand the Hunting Pack pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    "Caltrops"
    - replace / redesign it with a talent that let's you drop any of your traps at your position instead of point to an area.
    Just make an [@player] macro.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Feign death with the pvp talent removes all magical roots.
    Interesting, didn't think of that!