Poll: So, what do you think of them?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not fond of how it turned out.

I'm not a fan of linking heavily RNG systems with power though.

I don't mind getting them from random places, but I wish you had a way to pick which legendary you could get. So imagine a system that works exactly like this one, but instead of getting the item, you get a token, which you then can trade for any legendary you want.

Does that make it less exciting to just get a token? I don't think so. You'd still get a big pop up with a unique sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Obviously no good could have come out of slicing out core class mechanics and hating them behind rng.

Horrible idea, probably one of the worst in the history of this game.
    Frankly that ended up being my biggest issue with them. Modification of spells and abilities really needs to be left up to choices in talents. I think the legendaries should of added nothing more than some utility and maybe extra ranks on your artifact weapon. Ultimately some were so powerful the entire spec had to be balanced around them, and then if your luck stank, welcome to being second tier.

Keep in mind, I got the helm, belt, bracers for my Fire Mage pretty much back to back, so I had some pretty solid luck, but on the flip side to that is that every time I get one now it's kind of like, oh yay lets put that in the bank.

They're a bad idea, the rng accompanied with how powerful they are leads to large imbalances. They're kind of fun, but it can make switching to an alt or switching specs more difficult, causing people to give up and quit when blizzard fails to balance a spec properly instead of playing a different class or spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanon View Post
    As a player who got his bis legendary on main and alt as last posssible one 100 % hate
    I got my BiS on my paladin as my first drop, along with the 3rd legendary being the other BiS after they retuned them (Liadrin's Fury/Chain of Thrayn).

I don't 100% hate it, but I still find the current system a bit too much. My complaints being more that the ilvl gap is so huge between the legendary and the current gear, that it can be hard to swap between legendaries anyway, since you might be taking a huge downgrade overall just because one legendary is far better than the other.

Like, for example, let's say you have a legendary belt, and you just got a new legendary cape that's BiS. But your current cape you have equipped is a titanforged 930, while the belt you have for a replacement is 900. The chance of you getting an 930 belt is pretty slim unless you're doing Mythic raids. One might argue "Well, then it doesn't matter, if they're not doing mythic raiding!", but that doesn't change the fact that it's not a system that feels good at that point, even to Heroic raiders.

Also think they should have went with all legendaries being utility based right off the bat, instead of the clear DPS upgrade ones. Chances are, they could have been more fun (As an example, something like "Anger of the Half Giant" for DH is pretty boring but it's great DPS wise, while something like "Timeless Stratagem" for Warriors isn't really a dps gain, but it's fun to be able to Heroic Leap more often)

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont really mind it, but gearing alts is quite painful with the rng honestly.

i'd rather return to mop/wod style legendary.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Knew they were shit when they announced it
    Knew it beta
    Knew it when the game launched
    And I know it now.

The most terribly executed system, and horribly designed idea that has ever been in the game. They need to flush it down the toilet and burn down the entire building it's in and never speak of it ever again.

They really sold it to the casual playerbase as "everyone gets legendaries!" and for that reason flocks of defenders rose up for the system when it first came up. Most testers knew this is exactly how it would unfold, but because of how it was framed Blizzard had the masses screaming "hardcores trying to take my oranges" and thus the system stayed in as it was. So hardcore players fighting against it were crushed and thus the most hardcore grind/system in legendary history began unless you got insanely luck with your first 2 or 3.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-07-17 at 08:16 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Not true at all. Lots of people don't have all their main spec legendaries.
    you have been able to get a legendary a week for a while now, ~2 weeks if you don't grind everything. so..
    start9

Deleted
    I quite like the items, some of hem do fun things and I reckon that a fair few of them may be changed to talents or added baseline t specs in the next expansion.

However the way of getting them is terrible. I understand that it was supposed to feel like nice bonus to get one but it doesn't, it's weeks of frustration and annoyance that are temporarily sated for all of an hour when one does drop, Blizzard should have foreseen that.

Just a straight up terrible system. Very alt unfriendly, slightly main unfriendly (getting the bis legendaries as your last ones), and totally pointless, since the legendaries are just random and expected to be found, given enough time/luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyukix View Post
    In my opinion this system ruined the "legendary item Status".
    Remember when you saw a guy in TBC with Warglaives, or even a guy with Thunderfury in Vanilla? (no, this is not about how everything was better back then xD)

You were like "woahw this guy must be sick", legendary items were big prestige. Now days you don't even look on legendarys any more as you know probably every crapy alt has atleast 2 of em, so might aswell just make it epic with a special effect (like CoS melee attack ring for example), but they don't deserv the legendary Status in my opinion.
    The whole Legendary status thing. I never looked at it as a description of rarity, but a description of power. You know how the whole stat budget thing works. A blue and a purple of the same item level, the purple will have more stats cause it has a higher budget? Well, Legendaries are simply the next step up from epics. They have a higher item budget than epics do, and almost always a secondary effect that few epics having. Therefore they are Legendaries.

I personally find the whole 'everyone has them so they're not legendary anymore' argument pretty tired. Is a Porsche or a Mustang no longer a cool car because a lot of people have them, or do we judge them as what they are compared to cars that are less cool we've had in the past?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Frankly one of the worst ideas coming from Legion. It completely ruined the feeling of accomplishment you received when working an entire expansion for a legendary, while simultaneously putting them into pretty much the worst RNG system I can imagine.

Legendaries in Legion COULD have been a resounding success, if Blizzard would have realized that making something completely and utterly RNG right down to which legendary you get and whether or not its a class or a spec legendary with no real way to select or check your progress on said legendary, we wouldn't have this problem.

But of course, when it comes to wasting your time, why would Blizzard ever say no?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    An okay-ish idea. I prefer the idea of doing a quest line for a Legendary, to be honest. Random ones out in the world just seems... weird.

RNG is really the only part I hate, not just with Legendaries but Legion as a whole. The unique effects on the legendaries are great. The randomness of actually getting them is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The whole Legendary status thing. I never looked at it as a description of rarity, but a description of power. You know how the whole stat budget thing works. A blue and a purple of the same item level, the purple will have more stats cause it has a higher budget? Well, Legendaries are simply the next step up from epics. They have a higher item budget than epics do, and almost always a secondary effect that few epics having. Therefore they are Legendaries.

I personally find the whole 'everyone has them so they're not legendary anymore' argument pretty tired. Is a Porsche or a Mustang no longer a cool car because a lot of people have them, or do we judge them as what they are compared to cars that are less cool we've had in the past?
    I mean, bad example. A Porsche and a Mustang are pretty common cars and, let's be honest, in your comparison they would be "epics" at best.

Legendaries before Legion, if anything, were McLaren F1's. Legendaries in Legion are a Rolls-Royce. Uncommon, but a far cry from what they used to be and still a ways to go from being "epic" status.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fall somewhere between 1 and 3. I like the idea of getting these items awesome for your spec and once you have a bunch of them it is fun to swap them out and try out new combinations. Getting to that point can be frustrating though since you never know when you are going to get one.

Love everything except for the crazy amount of rng this xpac, has never been this bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    They mesh well with the game itself but not a community that thinks everything outside of raids is a checklist they have to finish first.

Sadly a very large chunk of the remaining WoW playerbase aren't really interested in MMOs and would probably prefer MOBAs
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.