Deleted

Dude with legendarys

Hi everybody!! Im phiton, hunter in Dun modr

I have a quest with 2 legendarys.

I have Roots of Shaladrassil (goods stats) and Celerity of the Windrunners(15%haste when cast windburst).
    What legendary is better??

Ty for readme

Deleted
    Both are kinda bad for MM but the arent so badly, i would chose the legs till you get a better one.

You should sim it, but the roots aren't really good stats, it's haste heavy, and Celerity is similar level with stats.

So you have 2 items, both similar stat wise, one does nothing dps wise, the other has an effect with a dps gain.

The cloak isn't that bad, it isn't bis, but it's decent aoe. Strictly speaking, not considering what you're swapping out, Celerity IS better. But what you're switching in and out may change that.

You should use raidbots to sim it. Takes a minute and is super simple https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

Roots has vastly superior stats to Celerity. Not only does the leg slot have much larger stat budget than the cape slot (so you would prefer to have a high ilvl item in the leg slot rather than the cloak slot), but Roots is actually overbudgeted for it's ilvl: a normal leg slot item with the same ilvl would have less secondary stats. More specifically, if Roots were properly budgeted, the Crit rating would not be there. This extra crit can arguably be considered the 'Equip' effect of Roots (in addition to being in a slot with a high stat budget to begin with).

Anyway I did a sim on Raidbots using the armoury data provided in the OP (Phiton from Dun Modr). Since Celerity would be replacing an ilvl 900 Wildstalker Cape, I assumed that Roots would be replacing ilvl 900 Wildstalker Legs. Here are the results. Roots simmed about 7k DPS above Celerity.

EDIT: I did the same sim with 3 targets. Here are the results. Roots simmed about 21k DPS above Celerity.

The legs will be better earlier on in a tier, when the high relative ilvl of legendaries means their stats contribute a large chunk of their DPS contribution. As your other gear gets better, the extra stats from the legendaries will become less pronounced, and that's when 'Effect' based legendaries will start to overtake stat based legendaries.
    Last edited by Turtel; 2017-07-17 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Roots has vastly superior stats to Celerity. Not only does the leg slot have much larger stat budget than the cape slot (so you would prefer to have a high ilvl item in the leg slot rather than the cloak slot), but Roots is actually overbudgeted for it's ilvl: a normal leg slot item with the same ilvl would have less secondary stats. More specifically, if Roots were properly budgeted, the Crit rating would not be there. This extra crit can arguably be considered the 'Equip' effect of Roots (in addition to being in a slot with a high stat budget to begin with).

Anyway I did a sim on Raidbots using the armoury data provided in the OP (Phiton from Dun Modr). Since Celerity would be replacing an ilvl 900 Wildstalker Cape, I assumed that Roots would be replacing ilvl 900 Wildstalker Legs. Here are the results. Roots simmed about 7k DPS above Celerity.

EDIT: I did the same sim with 3 targets. Here are the results. Roots simmed about 21k DPS above Celerity.

The legs will be better earlier on in a tier, when the high relative ilvl of legendaries means their stats contribute a large chunk of their DPS contribution. As your other gear gets better, the extra stats from the legendaries will become less pronounced, and that's when 'Effect' based legendaries will start to overtake stat based legendaries.
    That's for you personally, don't think those sims mean anything at all for other people. Overall, cloak outsims pants, because it isn't only a stat stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Takoro View Post
    Hi everybody!! Im phiton, hunter in Dun modr

I have a quest with 2 legendarys.

I have Roots of Shaladrassil (goods stats) and Celerity of the Windrunners(15%haste when cast windburst).
    What legendary is better??

Ty for readme
    Ignore that Turt guy, sim it for yourself
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aOK8Jc/pubhtml

that's an example of cloak simming higher, his is an example of pants simming higher.

Showing, you need to sim it yourself, to get an accurate answer.

Deleted
    Ohh, ty for all people, I havent got better legendarys... I think that shaldrassil is better because I have in this socket a pants thats give me crit and haste.

Sorry for my english, Im from spain

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That's for you personally, don't think those sims mean anything at all for other people. Overall, cloak outsims pants, because it isn't only a stat stick.

- - - Updated - - -

that's an example of cloak simming higher, his is an example of pants simming higher.

Turtel literally simmed the OP.
    "Anyway I did a sim on Raidbots using the armoury data provided in the OP (Phiton from Dun Modr)."
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well, luckily for you friend - you can wear both!!!
    That's a good point. I noticed that the OP was wearing the Warbelt/Roots in their armoury profile, so I'm assuming that's why they were comparing Roots with Celerity (because they would pair one of them with the belt). However the belt is useless in single target, so they should use Roots+Celerity in that situation (and Belt+Roots when there's more than one target).

EDIT: I realised that using Roots+Celerity would take up 2/6 tier slots, so the decision might not be so easy depending on how much of the other tier pieces they have. Anyway, 'sim yourself' would be a good adage to place here.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Everything I said was factually true. I had three paragraphs:
    1. Roots does have vastly superior stats to Celerity. Celerity needs its 'Effect' in order to compete with Roots.
    2. I specifically simmed for the OP, not myself.
    3. Celerity can overtake Roots and in this paragraph I explain how and when it does.

I honestly don't see why you have to be so toxic, telling people to ignore other people's posts when you're the one making factually incorrect and misleading statements such as Celerity having equal stats to Roots, and the suggestion that because there is no clear DPS 'Effect' on Roots, that clearly Celerity is better. However, you were correct/helpful to suggest that everyone is different and should sim themselves to make sure, which is what I did for the OP.
    Last edited by Turtel; 2017-07-18 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    I honestly don't see why you have to be so toxic, telling people to ignore other people's posts when you're the one making factually incorrect and misleading statements such as Celerity having equal stats to Roots, and the suggestion that because there is no clear DPS 'Effect' on Roots, that clearly Celerity is better. However, you were correct/helpful to suggest that everyone is different and should sim themselves to make sure, which is what I did for the OP.
    Calm yourself mate, no need to flip out. I clearly misunderstood and thought you simmed yourself, not the OP. Not sure why you're getting so angry about it, I didn't mean to offend you. And I wasn't referring to amount of stats, I was referring to type of stats. Just for the record. Ofc stats alone pants win always.