Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Donald Trump refuses to make state visit to UK until Theresa May ‘fixes warm UK welco

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7843391.html

Donald Trump reportedly told Theresa May he will not make a state visit to the UK until he is guaranteed a "better reception".

The US President asked the Prime Minister to prepare a "warm welcome" before he agrees to set a date, it has been claimed.

The pair spoke on the phone to discuss the planned state visit, which has now been postponed until next year.

"I haven’t had great coverage out there lately, Theresa," Mr Trump told Ms May, according to a transcript of the conversation seen by The Sun.

Ms May replied: "Well, you know what the British press are like."

But Mr Trump added: "I still want to come, but I’m in no rush.

"So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.

"When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before."

Over 1.8 million people signed a petition to prevent Mr Trump from being honoured with a formal state visit.

The petition reads: “Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.”

It comes just days after French President Emmanuel Macron wooed his American counterpart during an official state visit to France.

The pair took a tour of the Les Invalides war memorial and Elysee Palace before a bilateral meeting, followed by a luxurious dinner in the Eiffel Tower.

Mr Trump was also the guest of honour at Friday's military parade on the Champs-Elysees - the first time a US President had attended since George Bush in 1989

Downing Street declined to comment

It's probably for the best. Don't need Trump hitting on the queen like he did with Macron's wife.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's probably for the best. Don't need Trump hitting on the queen like he did with Macron's wife.
    oh boy. Now i WANT to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds a lot like the thread we had earlier where he did the same thing with Poland.

Coward-in-Chief. Congrats, conservatives, you got the 'big strong leader' you wanted.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Didnt John Bercow already oust him from House of Parliament ? The Speaker of the House of Commons doesnt answer to a PM or takes orders from her.
    Trump could meet Liz and takes jokes from Phil, but nobody else will have him.

10+ Year Old Account
    according to a transcript of the conversation seen by The Sun.
    Going to need a better source than this to believe it. Not that it's out of the realm of possibilities, just not having it from a tabloid.

Technically those sites all refer to the Sun as their source, so it probably won't meet his requirement for proof. But by the very nature of the information, no one else can report it because it was supposedly only leaked to the Sun.

But I mean, this is 100% his character, so it's kind of hard to doubt. Not "his character as we weirdo leftists joke about in our elitist college safe spaces," but the actual character he portrays himself as in front of the broad public 24/7. Trump has never appreciated anything less than extreme adulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Technically those sites all refer to the Sun as their source, so it probably won't meet his requirement for proof. But by the very nature of the information, no one else can report it because it was supposedly only leaked to the Sun.

But I mean, this is 100% his character, so it's kind of hard to doubt. Not "his character as we weirdo leftists joke about in our elitist college safe spaces," but the actual character he portrays himself as in front of the broad public 24/7. Trump has never appreciated anything less than extreme adulation.
    He praised Saudi Arabia for the lack of protests lol. Truly the best timeline

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Coward-in-Chief. Congrats, conservatives, you got the 'big strong leader' you wanted.
    Its not cowardness, I guess hes just tired of constant left wing protests everywhere, Obama didnt get a single big conservative anti-obama march in Europe during his 8 years. Guess right wingers there are of higher cultural level.

If someone doesnt share your set of believes it doesnt mean that person is immoral and bad ( which most of the lefties claim 24/7 since november 8)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    Its not cowardness, I guess hes just tired of constant left wing protests everywhere, Obama didnt get a single big conservative anti-obama march in Europe during his 8 years. Guess right wingers there are of higher cultural level.

If someone doesnt share your set of believes it doesnt mean that person is immoral and bad ( which most of the lefties claim 24/7 since november 8)
    wut now? Do you know how many of those are in Europe? DO you know how right wing even right wing Europeans get? then again.... most of your argument is pretty flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    wut now? Do you know how many of those are in Europe? DO you know how right wing even right wing Europeans get? then again.... most of your argument is pretty flawed.
    1) plz a single HUGE right wing protest in western europe
    2) anti obama protest.

I am sure they were so big that you have dozens of youtube videos of them

10+ Year Old Account
    1) plz a single HUGE right wing protest in western europe
    2) anti obama protest.

I am sure they were so big that you have dozens of youtube videos of them
    I dont think you know anything about Europe.

I dont think you know anything about Europe.
    Alright got you man!
    You have zombie invasion sizes of right wing protests, but i am just too stupid for you to give me a single example.

She DOES occasionally carry a purse...perhaps for the visit, she will - and mebbe insert a nice brick in it ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright got you man!
    You have zombie invasion sizes of right wing protests, but i am just too stupid for you to give me a single example.
    I think you misread me or lack the ability to engage in actual discussion.

You gotta be careful with telling ladies about their beauty these days, sexism everywhere, gotta be careful.

Or maybe, y'know, Obama wasn't flagrantly bad for the entire planet and actually gave a shit about things other than his image.

Trump's a pussy. Stop making excuses for him.

I think you misread me or lack the ability to engage in actual discussion.
    "I dont think you know anything about Europe." high quality argumentation of actual discussion. (;

still waiting for a single youtube video of rightwing anti-obama protests in Europe and chaos caused by them , like recent leftie hamburg one.