Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    "freethoughtproject.com," eh?
    Yeah, the moment I saw the link and then who posted it, kinda summed up the bias for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am glad you offered your perspective but here is mine. They rated them poorly because voters like to be pandered to. Yeah really should we also put the FDA under the microscope, how about police, doctors for that matter.

Are you really under the impression if all were measured by the same standards some would still be turned a blind eye to, or be scrutinized less.
    It's not just my perspective, it's the perspective of the people in charge of the TSA. Yes, all government should be scrutinized, regardless of their occupation.

You are literally trying to argue against the internal assessment done by the DHS, so please, cite your sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    TSA doesn't do their job. The agency is an abortion from the jump. First? it was created to replace private airport security, and then proceeded to only hire people with experience, which is to say, the same people just fired.
    No this is not remotley true, they were created as a branch of Homeland Security in direct response to the events of 9/11 when politicians because of very angry and sad people demanded measures to stop this, most of whom still subscribe to crack pot idiotic theories about why the government wasn't more responsible then.

Except now they made more money, and as federal employees are nearly unfireable

This specifically has to do with government employees and or union type workforce's in general.

Since then, it has been an ever expanding list of indignities and inconveniences.

No there has been just an endless list of snowflakes bitching because the very minimum and best measure to prevent events like 9/11 were used.

In exchange for security?
    Well as one person pointed out it's fucking theater, but people like walls and other this to make them feel safe, rather than being accountable and responsible for their own choices as well.

I want what I want when I want it and I don't want to pay for it like in terms of my time or fucking inconvenience Que someone of color to blame.

Not even; because it has also been an endless stream of security audits and studies that have guns and mock bombs allowed on aircraft. The groping is apparently the only thing they do well.

Yeah endless audits people don't fucking like audits UNLESS it someone else they don't like.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's not just my perspective, it's the perspective of the people in charge of the TSA. Yes, all government should be scrutinized, regardless of their occupation.

You are literally trying to argue against the internal assessment done by the DHS, so please, cite your sources.
    No I am not arguing against them at all, in fact I am not even disputing them outright, what I am saying is that they don't mean what you think they mean, and there not proof of any real reason to end the TSA just as there was no real need for them possibly to begin with.

Depends on your perspective, but they are there, and compared to other very much more crucial industries who get NO regulation or much less NOW. The outrage is also fucking theater and stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    *snip*
    Given that you just cut/paste a rancidly biased article and offer nothing else. One has to wonder, do you support this? If so, why? If not, why not? If you believe there to be a problem, what is your solution?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Hardly. The TSA constantly fails random tests where they see if they'll catch someone they should have caught. On more than one occasion, my cousin has accidentally left a pocket knife in his carry on and no one even noticed. Probably helps that we're white. I guarantee you if a white person wanted to sneak something, they'd be far more successful at it.
    Noticing a pattern here, yes constantly, imagine if someone constantly checked to see how many slobs don't wash their hands before eating, cooking, serving or anything else. What do you think that % would be?

Despite the way people like to make it appear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not even sure what your argument is now.

More home grown terrorism has happen then from outside in, TSA do a great job.

And with a wall, or stricter immigration, you can expect a far greater share of that to be homegrown. With no immigration (or travel), it would be 100% homegrown.

The fact that there is more homegrown than foreign terrorism is a meaningless statistic. Islamic terrorism is vastly disproportionate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Look up Israel airport security they are considered the gold standard for airport security, they use proven security measures and staff security experts not mall rent a cops. There are other examples you can process massive amounts of people more than the TSA does now more safely too, the TSA is a sad joke and that is by design.
    Unfortunately, we wouldn't be allowed to utilize the system that they utilize because the ACLU and the apologists would be howling about profiling and who knows what else.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I provided a link for my claim, if you wish to read. The tests were the government attempting to pass something like a gun or epxlosives, and only got caught 3 times out of 70
    A link I specifically asked you, if you can't be bothered to actually in your words describe it based on the link that YOU can reference for more than a simple statement to post numbers, it's not authentic and I really don't care. If I clicked on the link I would go there to make an argument with the author based on their research.

- - - Updated - - -

They're just rating them based on some subjective standard. They literally test them by trying to get items through that they're supposed to prevent and they fail miserably at it.
    Yeah, I saw that on the NEWS too.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not even sure what your argument is now.
    My argument is that this as much or less of an issue as any other industry, and while however much you buy into that what they do is ineffective, I am saying you are wrong. They are wrong, and they are being scrutinized especially because of a stigma.

10+ Year Old Account
    A link I specifically asked you, if you can't be bothered to actually in your words describe it based on the link that YOU can reference for more than a simple statement to post numbers, it's not authentic and I really don't care. If I clicked on the link I would go there to make an argument with the author based on their research.
    Oh, so you want the debate on your terms or you'll close your ears and go alalalalala while spouting word salad? ok. This is how we know you're not being serious.

but I'll humor you. The government tested them by attempting to pass along guns and explosives, and the TSA failed to catch these illegal items 67 out of 70 times. This means the TSA is generally useless, and needs stricter training and a more competent staff.

and just because other industires may have iffy failure rates does not get the TSA off the hook. The TSA has legitimately earned its criticism, and none of you "BUT TEH OTHER IDUSTRIES WAAAAH" will change that.

Deleted
    Well I am glad you offered your perspective but here is mine. They rated them poorly because voters like to be pandered to. Yeah really should we also put the FDA under the microscope, how about police, doctors for that matter.

Are you really under the impression if all were measured by the same standards some would still be turned a blind eye to, or be scrutinized less.
    Ah yes, that's a compelling argument, its not the TSA that's terrible at it's job, its the DHS that's terrible...
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-07-17 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even arguing? Do you not understand they actually test the TSA by attempting to sneak actual items through that they should catch? How is this hard for you to understand?
    See above, I am arguing that as someone says theater or NOT they do for sure make it safer to fly, however little or much is put up. But the same can be said for many other agencies.

I mean personally I would be alright if they got rid of it and people could just go walk on planes and do what they did before, but that isn't going to happen OH and if they actually got BETTER people would bitch MORE not less about their privacy and experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I saw that on the NEWS too.

- - - Updated - - -

My argument is that this as much or less of an issue as any other industry, and while however much you buy into that what they do is ineffective, I am saying you are wrong. They are wrong, and they are being scrutinized especially because of a stigma.
    Its funny, you are doing the electronic equivalent of putting your fingers into your ears and shouting I cant hear you.

One might wonder why you do this. And Occams razors is clear here. You very likely work for TSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so you want the debate on your terms or you'll close your ears and go alalalalala while spouting word salad? ok. This is how we know you're not being serious.

but I'll humor you. The government tested them by attempting to pass along guns and explosives, and the TSA failed to catch these illegal items 67 out of 70 times. This means the TSA is generally useless, and needs stricter training and a more competent staff.

and just because other industires may have iffy failure rates does not get the TSA off the hook. The TSA has legitimately earned its criticism, and none of you "BUT TEH OTHER IDUSTRIES WAAAAH" will change that.
    No I am want to debate like I am talking to a human being who is authentic and not someone who can post some shit out of context and make a half ass'd argument pointing see, see I am right"

As for Criticism yeah it's fine but put it in context, people bitching about fucking body scanners and pat downs now, you think they want strip searches and full body cavity checks, how about stricter measures for what you can and can do along with what you bring on the plane.

Or is it the well we should have all that but it should be everybody else that subjected to it, just not YOU or anybody you like?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really considering we're all arguing that it's a waste of money right now because it isn't effective. I'd be fine if they checked everyone more thoroughly and had properly trained agents.
    Maybe but so are many things, but people freaking out about this overly milked nothing burger that is really never going to change, and if it does would make the situation worse not better based on the people that know nothing being baited by politicians who want to get elected. I say I am going to just call it like I see it to from my perspective.

A properly trained agent?

Please go on, I would like you to explained to me what that exactly looks like and show me the figures and cost. Ill give you a fucking hint, there is a reason Security is one of the most lucrative business models in the world tied almost exclusively with Insurance.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

- - - Updated - - -

You're just choosing to ignore facts now it seems. The link was already described to you like 3 times now. TSA sucks and is useless, get over it.
    Nope I didn't ignore the facts once, I have simply put it in context and drew the line from it to the reality of the situation. That makes people less comfortable because it's hard to be smug regardless to what ideology you lean.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I am want to debate like I am talking to a human being who is authentic and not someone who can post some shit out of context and make a half ass'd argument pointing see, see I am right"

As for Criticism yeah it's fine but put it in context, people bitching about fucking body scanners and pat downs now, you think they want strip searches and full body cavity checks, how about stricter measures for what you can and can do along with what you bring on the plane.

Or is it the well we should have all that but it should be everybody else that subjected to it, just not YOU or anybody you like?
    Oh I'm totally fine with more strict searches. Body cavity searches arent going to possible due to length of time vs security line length and flight urgency, and I think the bitching over body scanners and pat downs are silly (although apparently pat downs do miss stuff too), but unless the TSA can up their game when it comes to carry ons then they are useless. That's where the main issue lies. They keep missing shit in the carry on bags.

Personally for people, I think more dogs would be good. Don't want to be groped? Here, get sniffed by a dog.

I also looked at TSA pay. FOr your statement on security being lucretive, the TSA certainly is not that. Unless between 28 and 45k is making bank. Unless you mean that it'll clearly cost the govt more money? Id be ok with that.

Deleted
    See above, I am arguing that as someone says theater or NOT they do for sure make it safer to fly, however little or much is put up. But the same can be said for many other agencies.

I mean personally I would be alright if they got rid of it and people could just go walk on planes and do what they did before
    , but that isn't going to happen OH and if they actually got BETTER people would bitch MORE not less about their privacy and experiences.
    Well 95% of the time, they might as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Its funny, you are doing the electronic equivalent of putting your fingers into your ears and shouting I cant hear you.

One might wonder why you do this. And Occams razors is clear here. You very likely work for TSA.
    No, I can hear you, from the TV or Talk Radio or YouTube people keep pointing to as being what they are saying. It's could to actually have ones own thoughts

I don't work for the TSA hahaha, I never trusted the whole effort to begin with, and over the years with it being a political football nah!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I can hear you, from the TV or Talk Radio or YouTube people keep pointing to as being what they are saying. It's could to actually have ones own thoughts

I don't work for the TSA hahaha, I never trusted the whole effort to begin with, and over the years with it being a political football nah!
    Facts don't stop being facts just because you disagree with a debate style. good grief. Not all of us are fans of word salad.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure do use a lot of words to say literally nothing. We gave you actual facts and numbers. They fail their tests a significant amount of the time. Get over it. You're wrong. I'm definitely starting to think the poster that said you're a TSA agent is right.
    So your argument failed and now you are caving into your emotions and trying to paint me as a TSA if i was, I obviously have no problem admitting it, based on your accusations.

What was that about using a lot of words to say nothing. Or do I need to point to someone else and copy paste a link or video for you to use some other excuse not to actually have had or entertained an original thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Facts don't stop being facts just because you disagree with a debate style. good grief. Not all of us are fans of word salad.
    Yeah and guess what facts don't start becoming facts because you can't make an argument and point to something else that says what you can't articulate, sounds like fear and lack of authenticity in thought.