View Poll Results: Do you like the current disc playstyle ?

Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • I love it !

68 46.58%
  • I hate it ! I want my shield back ;'(

56 38.36%
  • No , I want a Support / Buffer Spec !

22 15.07%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, I loathed Disc in Cata simply because I wanted to play Holy, but couldn't because it had severe mana issues in heroic raids, whereas Disc had fucking infinite mana because of Rapture, to the point where in Firelands and Dragon Soul, you were reforging out of spirit and wearing non-spirit pieces because you didn't need the regen.

Deleted
    I like Disc but i feel they can certainly make it more appealing.

Mastery: Extends Atonement base timer + Healing increase

More ways to AoE Atonement on a larger group. By the time you have got the buff on a raid for example you're already -4 seconds +

Another feature due to lack of bubbles now is on hit there is a chance for PWS to split off onto another friendly target within X distance (Procs once every 4 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    I like Disc but i feel they can certainly make it more appealing.

Mastery: Extends Atonement base timer + Healing increase

More ways to AoE Atonement on a larger group. By the time you have got the buff on a raid for example you're already -4 seconds +

Another feature due to lack of bubbles now is on hit there is a chance for PWS to split off onto another friendly target within X distance (Procs once every 4 seconds)
    Mmhm, that's the one thing I hate about current Disc: the tedious "set up time" on Atonement. Proactive healing just doesn't really have much of a place in the current game. It's a nice concept, but in execution, it's just tedious and frustrating.

I'd rather change Atonement so that, instead of applying atonement to other people, you apply atonement to yourself. Each healing spell cast would add 1 stack of Atonement, maybe 3 or 4 stacks for an AoE heal, and then your damaging spells heal X injured targets within 40 yards, where X is the number of atonement stacks you have.

But alas, Blizz said that they don't want mindless smart heals in the game, so...meh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the tedium for me is gone after the most recent changes. Even though Radiance has charges, I've only run into 1 or 2 times that I can actually think of that I needed it and didn't have it (and that's simply from a lack of preplanning; I needed to be more proactive with Plea). Most of the time, it's there when I need it for burst pretty seamlessly, and the one or two extra I have to play with between Evangelisms feels like plenty for reactive purposes. It feels a lot more flexible to me, and Radiance is undeniably stronger with the smart targeting. Maybe it's just me, but there's no other healing spec that feels as powerful as Disc does right after you hit that Evangelism.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized that's a lot of feels I'm sure mileage will vary on something so subjective.

Deleted
    Love it now, especially after the last batch of changes. I was worried about the charges system on Radiance, but the relax in mana feels really nice, and I'm glad I don't have to sit around doing nothing anymore. I've even switched to no-mana trinkets - Velen's and Sentinel, which surely feels nice. The former radiance spam really grated on me, so I'm glad that style is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.2.5 disc priest is probably the most balanced state, from both a numbers and gameplay standpoint disc has been in for years.

I hope they don't go back to a degenerate playstyle that focuses primarily on healing.

Disc is currently excellent. Easily my most enjoyable character.

Deleted
    I'd like them to keep the dps/heal side of it but make a better system than atonement - it just feels annoying and clunky

They took away the support part of game once they got rid of.most raid buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid buffs were barely support to begin with. I liked having them because you instantly got much more powerful the moment you grouped up, but for smaller groups it led to requiring certain raid buffs that were more important.

But a button you click when zoning into a raid isn't exactly support or all that interesting, gameplay wise.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The issue with a shield based spec,is that it's either completely trash and unusable,or absolutely mandatory in every raid.So they'll stick with a damage/healing spec

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    They took away the support part of game once they got rid of.most raid buffs.
    True , i did love when u could cast Power Infusion on allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    True , i did love when u could cast Power Infusion on allies.
    I don't mind raid buffs but things like targeted PI and DI/tricks can fuck right off.

I see how current atonement can feel slow and clunky, but previous version was mindless. I have yet to see a suggestion for dps-to-heal that isn't "the game selects targets for me so I can mindlessly dps". And if such a style appeals to you, go Holy and cast PoM on cooldown. Game does all your work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Memento1 View Post
    I have yet to see a suggestion for dps-to-heal that isn't "the game selects targets for me so I can mindlessly dps".
    yes, just go ahead and strawman anyone who disagrees with your views

that's the way to start a constructive discussion

The problem with Atonement is not "wanting mindless dps", it's that by the time you've got Atonements set up on people, other healers have healed most of that damage. The only quick and effective way to get lots of atonements out is with a spell that has a cooldown, and provides much shorter duration Atonements.

When all the other healers are reactive, Disc has to work extra hard and plan ahead of time just to keep up with their healing.

"proactive healer" is a neat idea on paper, but in execution, it's clunky and demanding to play, outside of highly coordinated groups.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-07-21 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    yes, just go ahead and strawman anyone who disagrees with your views

that's the way to start a constructive discussion

The problem with Atonement is not "wanting mindless dps", it's that by the time you've got Atonements set up on people, other healers have healed most of that damage. The only quick and effective way to get lots of atonements out is with a spell that has a cooldown, and provides much shorter duration Atonements.

When all the other healers are reactive, Disc has to work extra hard and plan ahead of time just to keep up with their healing.

"proactive healer" is a neat idea on paper, but in execution, it's clunky and demanding to play, outside of highly coordinated groups.
    this is the ancient flawed argument. You do not treat healing as keeping the raid alive, you treat it as a popularity meter race.

its fine even in mediocrly coordinated groups, and being more difficult does not automatically mean failure outside of coordinated play. If you have a team playing the game wrong, dont blame the spec for not being mindless and idiot proof. Disc can also snipe fine. It is not c.l.u.n.k.y.

And it is still demanding in coordinated groups.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    I don't mind raid buffs but things like targeted PI and DI/tricks can fuck right off.
    Nooooo ! Why ? ! targeted spells were super fun , when they were all fighting to get your buff <3 Well different people , different opinions I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    this is the ancient flawed argument. You do not treat healing as keeping the raid alive, you treat it as a popularity meter race.
    Caring about a class' output is "flawed" ?

Yes, I've always been of the mindset of "if nobody died and you're not at the bottom of meters, you did a good job", but pug raid leaders don't give a shit and will judge your spec based on the common perception of how it performs. And if it performs worse than other healers, you're going to get denied from groups.

There are still people who think Disc does "50% of a normal healer's healing".

being more difficult does not automatically mean failure outside of coordinated play.
    I never said it "failed", just that it's more demanding and performs worse than other healers. You have to put much more effort and thought into it to get the same result.

If you have a team playing the game wrong, dont blame the spec for not being mindless and idiot proof.
    I never said it should be "mindless and idiot proof".

You just love shoving words into my mouth don't ya

Disc can also snipe fine.
    On an 18-second cooldown, yes. Outside of that, not much.

It is not c.l.u.n.k.y.
    Having a wind-up time on its healing that other healers don't have, is pretty clunky.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-07-21 at 11:19 AM.

i never said you said it should be. i said dont judge it by not being. which you are when you are complaining about difficulty. stop misinterpreting the arguments to earn sympathy.

performs, worse without a lot more effort, pug leaders judge it to be poor, wind up time while you are ignoring the mechanics that are actually greatly tuned for it.

If you dont play the spec on any half-relevant setting you cannot judge it in its entirety. You can complain about its pug viability, heck you have some good arguments for that there, but in the end if thats youre main concern, i am glad you dont get to make any decisions about it. You literally do not understand one quarter of the spec if you only experience and care for pugging heroic at the very best. and no it will not be designed/tuned around pug norma/heroic so you can stop complaining altogether. Caring about what derpy diderpenson on the third street on the left thinks about the spec in normal.

how about you actually work on it instead of bashing it for not being the same as the others and own like a lot of people do.

you cannot have a strong opinion on something you barely touch, nevermind understand, and expect it to be valid at all.
    Last edited by Popokolara; 2017-07-21 at 12:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i really miss the mop disc.
    loved that playstyle

Formerly known as Arafal