View Poll Results: Do you like the current disc playstyle ?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it !

    68 46.58%
  • I hate it ! I want my shield back ;'(

    56 38.36%
  • No , I want a Support / Buffer Spec !

    22 15.07%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Warchief Supliftz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hating myself
    Posts
    2,142
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    1. Unless you have thousands of those reports, yes it is very subjective.
    2. That doesn't hold up on lower difficulties, especially because legendaries don't make or break healers + the face that every has probably every single legendary out there. And it has been a year. Last patch did change a couple of this but the spec is in its essence exactly the same.

    Of course I'm equating lower played rates with spec being designed poorly. People don't play it = designed poorly. Unless Blizzard deliberately designed a spec no one wants to play, and it is their actual goal to have a 'hard' spec that's abnormally underplayed. Disc may be on the up-and-up for Argus, but is hard to go anywhere other than up when you are on the very bottom. Good try though.

    Keep rationalizing why the spec is heavily underrepresented while the answer is staring you right in the face. I have yet to see any evidence to back up those claims of yours.
    comments like this always make me laugh.

    why do you think disc priest is positioned against holy on purpose? if you seriously don't want to play disc, or can't play it, press n and click on the easier spec.

  2. #122
    chill guys, the topic was more about the gameplay and your subjective pov of the spec and less about raw number and if the spec is viable or not <3

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    comments like this always make me laugh.

    why do you think disc priest is positioned against holy on purpose? if you seriously don't want to play disc, or can't play it, press n and click on the easier spec.
    I never compared it to Holy.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I never compared it to Holy.
    He never said you did. He is saying that there is a more traditional healer spec within the priest class for those who don't like the Disc playstyle. They never intended Disc to be a traditional healer this expansion and this style fits our "class fantasy". I doubt they are changing it when Holy is a viable alternative for those who dislike Disc.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    2. People have invested into other Artifacts and have other legendaries that makes switching main specs a not-so-easy task right away. Many people need to farm up proper legendaries or are just discouraged from switching classes again.

    You're still trying to equate lower played rates to the spec being poorly designed or performing poorly, which while that may have been moderately true before 7.2.5, that's not the case right now. Discipline, based on the people who play it currently, is performing rather well. Method and Exorsus ran a Disc priest for the world first race in ToS. Disc is on the up-and-up for Argus from every indicator I can see.

    Meanwhile, you're sitting here peddling the same exact talking point people have tried using since Legion launch, and while it may have had some legs before 7.2.5, it doesn't now.

    Nice try though.
    I beg to differ... There were a lot of dk frost spec before 7.2.5 and now they're all switching to unholy. Why wouldn't it be the same for disc ?

    Anyway I think there's a mix of everything : The low disc number could mean its concept is difficult to grasp for some, could be difficult to play, and could also mean they simply don't like the playstyle. But to say it's poorly designed ? I have to agree with you : it's not. When you know the timings in advance, there's no problem to heal in burst.
    However I can perfectly understand why this spec isn't appealing for the new players : it takes some good addons to be able to fully exploit the potential of the disc priest.. If you don't have them, then you're doomed. Personally I can't see myself healing a raid without dbm or weak auras and grid2 or healbot or whatever kind of healing addon you use.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-08-13 at 03:43 AM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I beg to differ... There were a lot of dk frost spec before 7.2.5 and now they're all switching to unholy. Why wouldn't it be the same for disc ?

    Anyway I think there's a mix of everything : The low disc number could mean its concept is difficult to grasp for some, could be difficult to play, and could also mean they simply don't like the playstyle. But to say it's poorly designed ? I have to agree with you : it's not. When you know the timings in advance, there's no problem to heal in burst.
    However I can perfectly understand why this spec isn't appealing for the new players : it takes some good addons to be able to fully exploit the potential of the disc priest.. If you don't have them, then you're doomed. Personally I can't see myself healing a raid without dbm or weak auras and grid2 or healbot or whatever kind of healing addon you use.
    I was talking more in the cutting edge raiding scene. Outside of that, switching isn't much here nor there. You're correct, it's either for someone or it's not, but I think that's where phyx is getting confused. Holy exists as an alternate option for those who don't like Disc, and vice versa. I think having some parity in the class is a good thing.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Holy exists as an alternate option for those who don't like Disc, and vice versa.
    i disagree with everyone saying holy is the alternative. I love absorb , Holy isn't an alternate option for me <3.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    i disagree with everyone saying holy is the alternative. I love absorb , Holy isn't an alternate option for me <3.
    I don't think those are coming back for any spec.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    i disagree with everyone saying holy is the alternative. I love absorb , Holy isn't an alternate option for me <3.
    They took absorbs away from Holy Paladins as well, and theirs were the closest version of balanced absorbs at the time; they're not healthy for the game and they're not coming back. Anyone expecting an absorb spec to resurface somewhere should just move on to a different game. Be thankful we got to keep PW:S on a CD

  10. #130
    Disc fantasy is about balancing Light/Shadow and therefore healing/dmg. No matter what they tinker with the spec, I hope they don't revert back to the classic Disc that was pure Light and shields.

  11. #131
    Brewmaster Deztru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,296
    Been playing Disc since 7.3 (completely new to the spec) and it really feels to be missing just Holy Nova or Mind Sear

    Requires a main target for nuking, can't seem to trickle aoe at all.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    I wouldn't say it was explained. It was very loosely rationalized. But yes, let's agree to disagree. I am hoping for a new revamp, because even Blizzard won't leave a class that severely underplayed intact. There's obviously something wrong.

    that you're bad? yeh

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Been playing Disc since 7.3 (completely new to the spec) and it really feels to be missing just Holy Nova or Mind Sear

    Requires a main target for nuking, can't seem to trickle aoe at all.
    Trickle isn't disc's thing less you count purge ticks on multiple targets or smite healing on 3 to 8 players for most of a fight, I agree that in outdoor PvE we really do lack aoe and halo only causes more issues due to it pulling the world but we make up for the lack of aoe with the survivability to mass pull mobs and kill them off with single target abilities.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Been playing Disc since 7.3 (completely new to the spec) and it really feels to be missing just Holy Nova or Mind Sear

    Requires a main target for nuking, can't seem to trickle aoe at all.
    Mind sear would be a gift from the gods, they can replace it with smite

  15. #135
    Yeah, I'd love to have some non-talented AoE as Disc. Though a handful of people around here argued up and down and all around that Disc having an AoE spell would be terrible because something something balance. Apparently being the only spec in the entire game with no baseline AoE spell is "balance".
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to have some non-talented AoE as Disc. Though a handful of people around here argued up and down and all around that Disc having an AoE spell would be terrible because something something balance. Apparently being the only spec in the entire game with no baseline AoE spell is "balance".

    Thats a nice way to completely miss the point and make a general misguided and all face nonsubstance comment.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    i disagree with everyone saying holy is the alternative. I love absorb , Holy isn't an alternate option for me <3.
    Absorbs are not coming back. It is an impossible to balance mechanic, they are either useless or OP and required.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Been playing Disc since 7.3 (completely new to the spec) and it really feels to be missing just Holy Nova or Mind Sear

    Requires a main target for nuking, can't seem to trickle aoe at all.
    I dunno, with the way Disc works an AoE spell seems to be insane OP. Imagine doing all that damage you do from AoE in healing on every target with attonement.
    The only way i would see it work if it doesn't heal attonement targets.
    Last edited by Aelrine; 2017-09-16 at 06:10 PM.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    I dunno, with the way Disc works an AoE spell seems to be insane OP. Imagine doing all that damage you do from AoE in healing on every target with attonement.
    The only way i would see it work if it doesn't heal attonement targets.
    Agreed, but then that goes to ask: why would you cast it if there was no Atonement healing provided by it? It's literally a spell you'd probably never fit into your rotation either in dungeons or raids since we are already too busy casting more important spells... which would mean it would only be used for solo content and clearing old raids... in which case people can currently switch to Holy and just Holy Nova spam.

    TLDR: We're not getting a non-Atonement AoE.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    Agreed, but then that goes to ask: why would you cast it if there was no Atonement healing provided by it? It's literally a spell you'd probably never fit into your rotation either in dungeons or raids since we are already too busy casting more important spells... which would mean it would only be used for solo content and clearing old raids... in which case people can currently switch to Holy and just Holy Nova spam.

    TLDR: We're not getting a non-Atonement AoE.
    Even for Argus though, I keep the AOE laser thing because I prefer Disc for elites, but killing the 4-5 adds that sometimes come with is just tiring, even at 940 ilvl. Holy doesn't use HN rotationally either, so I don't get that argument.

  20. #140
    every other healer casts damage spells in actual content without healing implications so why couldn't disc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •