Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation Is there even a point to ranked pvp anymore?

    I mean, other than for the elite transmog. But besides that is there any reason why I should queue up. Seems kind of pointless.

  2. #2
    Because you like it?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I mean, other than for the elite transmog. But besides that is there any reason why I should queue up. Seems kind of pointless.
    Classes are screwed, balance isn't any better than in previous expansions, gear doesn't matter...

    You shouldn't.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I mean, other than for the elite transmog. But besides that is there any reason why I should queue up. Seems kind of pointless.
    If you enjoy 2s or 3s then sure. I don't try for anything past 2k tho. I am pretty satisfied after getting the mog.

  5. #5
    To be the very best, like no-one ever was?

  6. #6
    Why did you play previously? If it's fun, then play it. Luckily Legion fixed most of the issues in PvP, no longer does gear matter, classes are finally pretty balanced. It's a good time to PvP if you enjoy it.

  7. #7
    my major issue with the thread title is the "anymore".

    It never had a point. The creation of rated PvP started the long decline PvP has been on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlife View Post
    Why did you play previously? If it's fun, then play it. Luckily Legion fixed most of the issues in PvP, no longer does gear matter,
    Provably false. With math. Gear matters more than it did in the past. Welcome to the Great Big Lie.

    classes are finally pretty balanced.
    ... hmm, 17 posts. Nothing of merit said... troll? Troll.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    my major issue with the thread title is the "anymore".

    It never had a point. The creation of rated PvP started the long decline PvP has been on.



    Provably false. With math. Gear matters more than it did in the past. Welcome to the Great Big Lie.



    ... hmm, 17 posts. Nothing of merit said... troll? Troll.
    It's not proven, although you conveniently block anyone that opposes that idea.

    Your claim was based on the average item level being 860, which clearly isn't the case because you can get more than that in a day. I got one of my alts to 890 in 2 days without any hardcore farming or anything. I don't care about "muh statistics" because that's clearly taking in a hell of a lot of dead alts and people who quit.

    Concordance is also easy to get, within a day or two once you get to AK40, which is also quick. Once you get the first rank the increases are minor.

    So yeah, gear doesn't really matter this expansion.

    To the thread:

    There's the same amount of "point" there ever was. Get more rating? Climb the ladder? Get R1/Glad etc? How is elite gear the peak of rated achievement? Pretty much any retard can hit 2k these days.
    Last edited by Krassz; 2017-07-19 at 02:37 AM.

  9. #9
    Anymore? You assume there was a point to begin with.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    It's not proven, although you conveniently block anyone that opposes that idea.

    Your claim was based on the average item level being 860, which clearly isn't the case because you can get more than that in a day. I got one of my alts to 890 in 2 days without any hardcore farming or anything. I don't care about "muh statistics" because that's clearly taking in a hell of a lot of dead alts and people who quit.
    You can't do this if you are just starting out with Legion - getting within 10% power difference from the top on a new char with no support from main is going to take something like 6 weeks.

    You could do it before Legion - getting honor gear on a new char with no support from main (same conditions as above) was a piece of cake, in WoD it was done in at most several evenings.

    This "it got easier to enter" thing is BS. If you say that it is expected for someone entering PVP to have a PVEing main playing all the way, then Blizzard should perhaps mentioned that when they were talking about the changes supposedly making the barrier to entry lower.

  11. #11
    To taunt me with mounts I'll never be able to get.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  12. #12
    Deleted
    The challenge is enough for me.

    I love actual player vs player battles over fighting scripted bosses for example and the only place to really test yourself and push your skill is in rated PvP.

  13. #13
    Deleted
    What's the point in doing hard stuff in single player games, where noone else, except you, will never know/care what you did?

    Challenge, fun, playing a game you like.

    Pick one.

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral TheVaryag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Blackrock Foundry
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Classes are screwed, balance isn't any better than in previous expansions, gear doesn't matter...

    You shouldn't.
    Basically sums up legion pvp.

    Balance Is the worst In all expansions I feel, healers can bring themselves up from the brink of death from 2 % HP to 100 % In one single heal and without It being Interuptable by us... that, Is OP, as shite for one. And you know what would help there? Just reduce all of their healing potential by 50 % or something, or even more and everything's fixed, don't make another Holy Paladin like In TBC kinda deal (Or any other healer class have that kinda OPness)

    Not to even mention World PvP, I mean there's 4 pvp world quests that give you a mount... A MOUNT... back In my days (Old man Vary here) we had to earn our mount by doing ACTUAL PVPING.. Instead of sitting on our class hall and completing those quests with the press of a button every day and then get the mount for free basically.

    There's no high end reward, not really, transmog gear? It should just be actual gear, we need high end gear, the one thing I love about gearing up In pvp Is pimping out my gear, enchants, gems (If there were any anymore) and everything, but now thats Impossible and half of my pvp enjoyment Is gone with that. Blizzard doesn't realize the enjoyment many PvPers get out of gearing up like that.

    Not to mention "Loot boxes" that give you random pieces of pvp gear that Is not only worse than the PvE drops from World Quests, Mythics and LFR, but Is just an Insult to players I feel, loot boxes aren't a good thing In WoW.

    They're fine In Overwatch perhaps, and even then I'd argue It's still bad there, and then they added Loot boxes to Heroes of the Storm In 2.0, which only feature was the loot boxes, and only purpose Is to milk more money out of you, and now It's on WoW as well... loot boxes are BAD.

    I don't want my PvP gear from loot boxes, not only I can't use It, It's TOO RANDOM. You fixed this expansions ago, honor points buys you basic pvp gear, then conquest gear for the best gear, that's It. And then you keep pvping cause you hopefully like to, or want to get a mount, or a higher rating or something.
    Banned on WoW since April 2015 because Blizzard doesn't wanna help me when my account got hacked, Is being hacked not a good reason to return my account to me, Blizzard? I'm looking to speak to representatives and members of Blizzard's CS and other departments to help me fix this situation, since CS has failed me I want to seek other official channels. Feel free to message about this

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    my major issue with the thread title is the "anymore".

    It never had a point. The creation of rated PvP started the long decline PvP has been on.



    Provably false. With math. Gear matters more than it did in the past. Welcome to the Great Big Lie.



    ... hmm, 17 posts. Nothing of merit said... troll? Troll.

    You're right, we can use math to prove that gear matters less now then it ever has before. And no, not trolling, I genuinely believe that the classes are pretty well balanced at the moment. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to remember the shit storm that's been the previous expansions.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlife View Post
    You're right, we can use math to prove that gear matters less now then it ever has before. And no, not trolling, I genuinely believe that the classes are pretty well balanced at the moment. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to remember the shit storm that's been the previous expansions.
    You mean as in "33% of all 2v2 players during Legion season 2 were druids"-good? Or "Separation Anxiety hunters kill 2,4k teams without doing anything"-good? Unbelievable. Just have a look at the spec distributions in 2v2 and 3v3 from time to time. It's a complete mess. PvP participation is also at an all time low despite Legion being so incredibly successful and totally the best expansion ever!1!!

  17. #17
    Because you want to?

    Legion has actually had me play more PvP than the last few expansions. Mostly due to the fact I don't need to constantly re-gear for PvP which is nice, People don't just need to outgear people ASAP and it feels pretty balanced which is nice as well.

    I think most people that complain are just shit players who have had to readjust to not being able to just win by outgearing people.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You mean as in "33% of all 2v2 players during Legion season 2 were druids"-good? Or "Separation Anxiety hunters kill 2,4k teams without doing anything"-good? Unbelievable. Just have a look at the spec distributions in 2v2 and 3v3 from time to time. It's a complete mess. PvP participation is also at an all time low despite Legion being so incredibly successful and totally the best expansion ever!1!!
    In Burning Crusade resto druid was mandatory in 2v2, and everybody hails that as the golden age of pvp.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    In Burning Crusade resto druid was mandatory in 2v2, and everybody hails that as the golden age of pvp.
    People act like FoTM classes didn't exist before Legion. Literally every competitive game with "classes" or "champions" goes through this ebb and flow type distribution.

    Legion does nearly everything right from a PvP perspective. The gearing system just needs reworked to provide clear-cut, straight-line-type goals to satisfy our primitive minds.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlife View Post
    You're right, we can use math to prove that gear matters less now then it ever has before.
    What?

    Do it. Use math to prove this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •