Specter of Betrayal- how to use it correctly?

I've just got titanforged 935. Im wondering how to use it correctly.

I can only think of 2 ways:

1)use it on cooldown
    or
    2)Time it with every 1min Battle cry cycle.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if the damage from battlecry is worth the 15 seconds of dps but if the boss hasn't moved you absolutely want to use it on CD. The purple ghosty lasts for 1 minute and the CD is 45 seconds. When you use it any time after the first, the trinket will cause both ghosties to do damage. If you wait for Battlecry then only one ghost will do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by eldamari View Post
    I've just got titanforged 935. Im wondering how to use it correctly.

I can only think of 2 ways:

1)use it on cooldown
    or
    2)Time it with every 1min Battle cry cycle.

Thoughts?
    Use with Battle Cry in all cases, the question is whether or not you'll be able to double up the trinkets own Specters. To do so requires the target not move, which is prohibitive on most encounters.

For Arms:
    The timing is far too tight to be used reliably before the Specter expires without CoF or AM. With them, delay as appropriate.

For Fury:
    With CoF, delay the Specter for Battle Cry, it'll double up occasionally, but not often.
    Without CoF, delay Battle Cry for the Specter to ensure it doubles up.

With CoF and Ravager you can use it every time it comes off CD with bc and Ravager. This lets you stack two and have both crit every time. Only problem is if boss mechanics/tanks don't allow you to do that EVERY time the trinkets loses a shit load of value.

As far as I can tell simming with Ravager and cof will inflate specer's value a ton as it's impractical on most fights to pull that off.
    Last edited by Fust; 2017-07-21 at 06:12 AM.
    "And lo, the spaghetti fell from his pockets like a horse off a mountain, in the image and likeness of His Almighty Noodliness."
    - Nessie 3:50

The right way is [Delete] , basically.
    IT's awful no matter how you slice it.

spectre of betrayal is very tricky with warrior esp fury, it's not even worth using the trinket if CoF is your other trinket (BiS)

Reason = BC and spectre doesnt always line up, causing dps loss if you hold your BC too long for spectre to be up again

Fury perspective. I hate the trinket i have a 950 one too

The proper way to use it is to not bid/roll on it and let your rogues/DHs/DK's have it.