Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Werebear form.

The question "Why play a druid?" has a completely different connotation from "Why do you play a druid?"

Are you implying druids are bad or are you asking why people playing them?

Assuming the latter, I enjoy druids because I like their healing style, and I've always been a huge fan of shapeshifting. I know when I first made a druid, it was because I thought bear and cat form looked cool, and while I've moved towards restoration now, I still appreciate all aspects of the class. In short, I play my druid because it's fun.

PS: My druid is not and likely never will be my main, but I still deeply enjoy playing as a druid more than most alt classes because I love the playstyle and aesthetics.

Deleted
    Mobility and instant flying. No other class can match

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    OP's only got 4 posts made, and even still, does it matter? Could be finding what class he wants to play, which I say more power to him for trying to find info ahead of time, plus it doesn't harm anyone.
    that is exactly what I was doing.

P.S. I picked the druid to reroll to

Quote Originally Posted by Bham51 View Post
    that is exactly what I was doing.

P.S. I picked the druid to reroll to
    Good choice. Welcome to the pack/roost/den/cabbage-patch lol.

Resto and Guardian are two of my favorite specs, and have been consistently fun for me since Wrath.

Instant cast flight form and the versatility! I don't need to play any alts when I have so much time on my druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Good choice. Welcome to the pack/roost/den/cabbage-patch lol.
    I mean you could have said forest/whatever-a-cluster-of-<insert your racial choice here>-is.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Resto and Guardian are two of my favorite specs, and have been consistently fun for me since Wrath.
    Resto Druid's also been a consistently good healer. While I don't know for sure, as far as I can remember, I don't recall seeing it being a weak/bad healer. Feral was also usually consistently great at DPS. As of late, it's been a bit lower but if you're good, it's still fine to play.

Guardian however, can't say the same. It took Blizzard 6 expansions to make Bears really good and not rely on a shitty RNG mechanic like Dodge. Moving forward, it seems like Guardian will continue to be amazing at physical mitigation.

As far as Moonkin, it's gone up and down wildly and changes nearly every expansion. Right now, it's in a solid place. Not amazing, but it's not really bad at anything (outside of defensive options, but that's not really its role).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Because druid is the best at everything.
    One class to rule them all.

Deleted
    When I played WoW for the first time I was a Diablo II player and my main character there was ... a druid.
    I didn't have any clue about WoW so I stuck with the class I liked in Diablo. Although both games have a different idea about the details of a druid I never regretted my choice. I'm not a person who switches his games or characters often so I have been playing my druid for some years now. Luckily druid offers me all possible playstyles in WoW. Druid for life!

Utility... that is why I play one. Being able to gather nodes in form, being able to be a cute nigh elf or huge tauren. Being able to do a little of everything. Only bad parts are troll and worgen druid :-) Just teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean you could have said forest/whatever-a-cluster-of-<insert your racial choice here>-is.

Resto Druid's also been a consistently good healer. While I don't know for sure, as far as I can remember, I don't recall seeing it being a weak/bad healer.
    MV and HoF were bad times. SoO 25 weren't great either.

Then BRH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids save tons of golf otherwise spent on transmogrification.
    Well me as moonkin anyway.

Deleted
    because i can play all of it: range, melee, tank, heal !

Vanilla WoW, I had a Rogue and Mage and was pretty content.
    Then I saw this PURPLE CAT run by me!

I like the feral nature of tigers, etc. It's hard to describe why exactly ..
    But I immediately asked my friend, "I saw a purple cat run by me. I didn't see what class it was. What was that?"
    "It was a Druid."
    "I can be a Cat as a Druid?"
    "Yeah .."
    "Is it permanent?"
    "Pretty permanent, yeah," and he explained their shapeshifting to me.
    I hearthed back to Stormwind and logged, created a Druid.
    And spent however long it took, grinding out getting to Cat Form.

I still have that Druid today. I still enjoy being a Feral Cat for all the same reasons.
    I have since tried healing with a Druid (don't like the approach of HOTs to spite loving them as a DPS, heh) and I have tanked quite extensively and until LGN (where I don't need it), I had always maintained a suitable tank off-set to go Bear as my Guild needed me to (and I mean when one of our tanks didn't make it, or wanted a break, or I just wanted to tank for fun and they were happy to get their DPS alt.)

IN THE PAST, I would have recommended Druid to anyone.
    I might still ..
    This is because when a new player joins the game, they don't always know what it is they want to do at max level. (Tank/DPS/Healer). And due to that fact, I would tell them to make a Druid. That way, when they invest all the time in leveling (which is faster now to be sure but), and get to the level cap. No matter -WHAT- they want to do, they CAN fill that role with their Druid. Alot of players, the last thing they wanna do is be told they chose the wrong class for the role they later take a liking to ("I level'd a Rogue but staying away and casting spells as a Mage seems like it'd be way more fun for me!")

(I say: "IN THE PAST" because we have now the option of a free level 90 and free level 100 + the Demon Hunter starting at 100, I .. actually don't know if you get both the 90 and 100 or just one now. But they won't level TWO characters. The 100, whatever class it is, will expose them more to the game and then if they want to change .. they can start from 90 I think? Or atleast they only level once and will have more experience with the game and know the mechanics which helps speed leveling tremendously -- like how to use the dungeon finder, and have experience with group / dungeon combat, etc etc. There's also DKs starting at much higher up too.)

Druid, this is never more than a new gear set away.
    Druid can fill every role. It may not offer the best gameplay in each role but it can adapt.
    New players are also likely to learn the mechanics of the first class of X role and be happy anyway.

For me, Druid is still about Feral Cat. I'm a Rogue Cat. It's awesome. It will always be awesome to me.
    Last edited by Spiral Mage; 2017-07-31 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    and ye, i started vanilla too, and it was the travel form - had no money for a mount