Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

How is the game right now?

Just what title says. I don't see a "general" thread on the first page so I'm making this one.

I've used to play but it didn't keep me for long. I've seen some recent stream of it and it has changed quite a lot. It got my interest. One of my biggest concerns is balance - I remember this game to be favoring ranged heroes. Is this still the case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Just what title says. I don't see a "general" thread on the first page so I'm making this one.

I've used to play but it didn't keep me for long. I've seen some recent stream of it and it has changed quite a lot. It got my interest. One of my biggest concerns is balance - I remember this game to be favoring ranged heroes. Is this still the case?
    They do try to keep things balanced. Despite the jokes about "so OP" characters like Genji or Malthael, they're actually balanced well. In addition, they make regular updates to characters they feel are in need of a tune-up. Xul, for example, was just tweaked a little to give him more team fight options while slightly reducing his lane presence.

All in all, the Blizzard team does a good job of maintaining balance. It's not perfect, but they are working on it.

Agreed. I'd say the imbalance is in the matchmaking. It's summer and with 2.0 release and influx of new players etc. its been all over the place. Other than that I'd say come back and have some fun Been having a blast on Stukov.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only OP character i see mainly now, is Stukov, since his healing got too big numbers. But i guess we can wait for nerf a little bit longer, when Stukov reach 50% - 60% winrates?

Generally game is good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    The only OP character i see mainly now, is Stukov, since his healing got too big numbers. But i guess we can wait for nerf a little bit longer, when Stukov reach 50% - 60% winrates?

He's sub 50%. His healing is the underpowered part of his kit.

OT, the game's in a very good state right now. With Malthael toned down, most heroes are in a decent spot, barring the usual outliers like Hammer and Raynor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

Stukov's strength is in his huuuuge array of disruption tools. You don't pick him for his healing numbers.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies. I might give it another try then

It's getting more bearable now that all the people that came back for 2.0 either left again or stopped being so horrible. Most games are still blow outs either way, but it's not every game at least, like right after 2.0 launch.

Still find games with Zeratul, Nova, and now Valeera to just not be very fun, whether you win or lose. Other than that I find I'm playing it more now than I think I ever was
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Depends on the mode as well to a certain degree. QM is often a shitshow, HL matchmaking is - since the day they enforced solo Q - in a very good shape. If you play in a minor region at 3 am, ymmv. Punishment for trolling and afk-ing is still lacking. Just recently had a Medivh, who didn't leave birdform for ages and had still 0 siege and hero damage after almost 10 mins; even in HL a lastpick Valeera - with support missing - spending most of the game idling in bushes.

i should say the new rewards system has given me a lot of incentive to try out new heroes. Before it was like "eh its not really worth the effort for the gold, only so many heroes i am comfortable enough or like enough to get the portrait for"

But because of the lootbox/level reward system matched with the quests, etc i've atually ventured into quite a few heroes I ended up really liking. Even a few i thought i would dislike.

It's great. If you're not playing but are interested, you definitely should try. Yes, matchmaking sucks, trolling sometimes happens, but that's the case in every e-sport game's solo queue. The game itself is great. It is very balanced, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The game died the moment they made it appealing to 5 year olds with all the spray, emoji, and loot crate nonsense. Stay away, it isn't worth anyone's time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The game died the moment they made it appealing to 5 year olds with all the spray, emoji, and loot crate nonsense. Stay away, it isn't worth anyone's time.
    The game is as dead as this guy's lack of motivation to play it. It's doing fine. Most of the heroes make it rather interesting to play and the new progression system makes unlocks easier, at least for me.
    The only really bad thing as people say the matchmaking which is all over the place, but playing with friends make it much better.

Well it really depends on why you didn't like it when you tried it for the first time. The core of the game is still the same, but there is tons of heroes and maps now, and it makes the game much more fun to play, if you didn't like it because you were bored of maps/heroes, you should deffo try it again now, when there is a real diversity.

Deleted
    I gave it a try and must admit that I like it now much better now. There are two things I'd change only - map clarifications could be shown BEFORE picking heroes and I'd set a maximum respawn time lower. 65 seconds is way too much in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Still find games with Zeratul, Nova, and now Valeera to just not be very fun, whether you win or lose. Other than that I find I'm playing it more now than I think I ever was
    For me it's pretty much Zerathul and Valeera, even if you see them which sometimes is not possible due the line of sigh...they got teleport engagement meaning often you die if you move even a second from under your towers.

In general heroes that can kill you where you have literally no chance of defending yourself aren't fun to play against. It's like Widow in Overwatch, I prefered the game was designed to give a debuff where you simply died at random times or your screen goes black for 8 seconds than playing against Widow.

I don't mind loosing, I do mind loosing when no matter what I did it would not change the outcome as you simply are insta killed.

Deleted
    Mobas always have a meta. Play with it or not.

Can anyone explain what Medivh does apart from fly around as a bird?

Legitimately yet to have a game where I didn't feel like it was 5v4 if their team has Medivh, the guy seems more an observer

Anyone link a high level game where he achieves anything significant in the game that any other hero could have achieved more easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.