Thread: PvP Gear ilvl Q

PvP Gear ilvl Q

Hey guys,

Im curious to know why World Quest PvP awards 880 gear, and a BG only awards 860? I have a 904 ilvl.. I know that your rating has a factor in how you get higher ilvl rewarded to you.

Wouldnt it make sense for world pvp quests and random BG's drop same loot value?

I also know that it doesnt really matter since you scale in Randoms anyways, im just interested to know if there is an actual reason..

Cheers,
    Jeric

Ive been irritated by this since the start. Makes no sense that rewards doesnt scale to your current ilvl.

Except for keeping players doing more shit so they play more.

Because theyre trying to force you onto the imploding rated ladder.

Deleted
    A 3 minute daily pvp tower quest (without actual pvp involved) is more rewarding than a 15 minute BG.

Great design!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    World quests award Gladiator gear which has a base ilvl of 880. Random BGs award mostly the honor equivalent aka combatants which is 860. Bg's do drop 880 gladiator's gear but rarely.

The worst part of it is that if you just farm warden tower for glad gear it can titanforge/warforge. And if it doesn't you only need 7 glad pieces to turn it into guaranteed 895 glad gear for Echoes which can also warforge/titanforge.

Meanwhile you can do rated play and still end up with inferior gear lol!

And BG's...880 relics and glad gear is so rare that more often you are stuck converting combatants one echoe at a time when you need 100 for the 895 glad gear.

Entire system is borked.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Random BGs are the lowest of the low in Blizzard's eyes. World Quests are current content and new in Legion so that's why I assume they promote them. Base Honor Gear is the Combatants set at 860, Base Conquest Gear is the 880 Gladiator set. As for why Warden Towers only offer 880, I would assume it's to do with the cap on World Quest gear you can get. It's designed as a starting point, not a be all and end all.

I still don't like the way gear works in Legion with the RNG. I think the Honor/Conquest system was absolutely fine and would be great for gear again. The Arena/RBG wins incentive could be a token that upgrades the ilvl of your gear by a certain amount, based on your rating.

Anyways what we have is pretty rubbish. I have not and never will obliterate Combatant gear, 1 Echo is complete crap, I'd rather vendor it. My main reason for obliterating gear right now is Transmog parts I still have yet to get. The rewards from Arena seem odd as well. I'm currently around 1900 in 2's and have gotten gear that is baseline 910 and also 895. I don't know what happened this week but when my partner and I got our 2's incentive we both got Elite pieces, despite not having hit 2k (915 Cloak for me, 925 WF Cloak for him). I seem to remember Blizzard releasing a bracket chart at one point for Season 1 or 2, but I've not seen anything for 4 so all we have is speculation for how gear in Arena is awarded.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeric View Post
    Hey guys,

Im curious to know why World Quest PvP awards 880 gear, and a BG only awards 860? I have a 904 ilvl.. I know that your rating has a factor in how you get higher ilvl rewarded to you.

Wouldnt it make sense for world pvp quests and random BG's drop same loot value?

I also know that it doesnt really matter since you scale in Randoms anyways, im just interested to know if there is an actual reason..

Cheers,
    Jeric
    Yes It makes sense.

Would blizzard do It? No.

Why? Milking dat sub money money. I see no other reason anymore. But yes, gear does still matter to a minor point, you get an objective advantage for having the most high level gear you can find, and It's stupid outdoor pvp world quests give better than loot crates from BGs. Which again comes back to the point that loot crates In WoW are a bad Idea and DEFINITELY BAD for PvPing purposes.

I'm sorry, but the old system was better In this regard. If you're dedicated to PvPing, you get your honor gear, you get conquest gear, done. And no random casual scrub who got boosted to 110 and given his armor like a spoiled brat can just join In and roflstomp you with a better class choice and more ilevel gear that he didn't earn - this Idea of boosting your friends to high level, giving them free shit has gotten out of hand very seriously and has been a thing for the past few expansions. It really doesn't help the new experience.

Want new players to enjoy WoW as the rest of us do? Have them go through the zones before the current expansion, easy. Let them see the story, experience It. (If only Cataclysm 1-60 zones weren't confusing, since you then go to 60-70 and then 70-80 In OUtland and Norhtrend respectively which really Is time travelling and then back to 80-85 In Cataclysm zones before the timeline starts to make sense. So they still haven't fixed that Issue of the story not flowing well from level 1-85)

Too bad they won't get the same experience as us through those zones, but that's how they'll get In awe with the world we've gotten In awe as well, among other things but I'd need a few hours at least to explain the fundumentals of how a new player experience should go, since Blizzard clearly doesn't understand. I want new players to come and stay, but they all seem to be Intimidated very quickly and leave as quickly, If this Is your "Future casual playerbase" then WoW Is doomed If every player comes In for a few months and then leaves, that's not a stable playerbase or a playerbase you want. Might as well be a playerbase for some Android game you re-visit once In a while after an update, without that much care for what's really there, cause you'll just disappear within weeks anyway after having your "fun".
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Because everything Blizzard said about not being forced to PVE is a lie.

You have to PVE for your third relic.
    You have to PVE to unlock World Quests in order to get resources, AP and gear.
    You have to PVE to get resources and upgrade your AK.
    You have to PVE to level your weapon because PvP AP is laughable.
    You have to PVE for gear because actual gear from PvP is random and lower level than PVE gear, even from LFR.