Thread: Duels in Legion

  1. #1
    Deleted

    Duels in Legion

    Hi,

    So I am playing a Demon Hunter, and outside of Bg's / Arenas I get oneshot by a rogue in one stun. They made dueling useless, and so not balanced! I think that the PvP is ''Ok'' for where it is now inside a PvP'ed instance, because there we are using the PvP templates. So my question is, why are we not getting those PvP templates while dueling other players? Do they think that world PvP/duels is good right now? Or do they just lack the man power to fix this.. I'm not trying to QQ, I'm just giving you my opinion and I am sure there are a lot more of you guys sharing these thoughts. Will they fix this?

  2. #2
    Because they have never cared about duelling, even less than WPvP which died in Vanilla.

  3. #3
    Deleted
    Because Blizzard's lead dev is some Elitist Jerks carebear raider who understands that his fellow carebears would be very upset if they were on a level playing field with "casuals" in world pvp.

    As for the rogue killing you in a stun, your class was an abomination in pvp for almost a year, played almost exclusively by kids with ADHD who wanted to spam 3 buttons on the way to elite ratings. I can't take any pvp posts from a DH seriously. Play a proper class; ie one created before Activision took over.

  4. #4
    How about fighting against a DH in wPVP as a spec with no hard CC and no escape ability against the DH "I win" button?

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Demsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nord-Norge
    Posts
    1,314
    Duels have never been balanced and it never will.

  6. #6
    Duels in legion - Roll melee. For the love of all that is holy, do not roll a spriest.

    Nothing is more off-putting than smug and obnoxious melee who wipe the floor with you using little to no effort.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Duelling outside Orgrimmar was always a fun way to kill time or wait in queue back in the day.

    Nowadays there is no one there anymore... Blizzard is really focussing on destroying everything that could remotely give a feeling of community.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Norian45 View Post
    Hi,

    So I am playing a Demon Hunter, and outside of Bg's / Arenas I get oneshot by a rogue in one stun. They made dueling useless, and so not balanced! I think that the PvP is ''Ok'' for where it is now inside a PvP'ed instance, because there we are using the PvP templates. So my question is, why are we not getting those PvP templates while dueling other players? Do they think that world PvP/duels is good right now? Or do they just lack the man power to fix this.. I'm not trying to QQ, I'm just giving you my opinion and I am sure there are a lot more of you guys sharing these thoughts. Will they fix this?
    As I said before, I spoke to Holinka a bit about the issue of world PvP and it's basically down to the PvP devs hands being tied by higher up lead devs that don't want their world quests ruined by implementing PvP templates. He never said that outright obviously, but it was implied.

    They had a fix in the works which was going to implement base resilience, but that got reverted last minute. Basically the lead devs said "but you'd need to add battle fatigue (to lower healing for the lower damage levels) which would make muh world bosses harder if a boomkin pressed starfall"

    And obviously they don't understand jack shit about how PvP works so they don't think the templates would help their PvP world quests out.

    So yeah, it's basically the fact that the devs with the most say in things don't give a fuck about world PvP.

  9. #9
    returning to wow after over 1 year of break Im shocked. after all this time blizzard finally completely managed to kill wpvp (and duels) by not even trying. The last time I got one shot so many times was back in vanilla when I level'd my priest in strangle.
    Honestly, I cant see much long time fun transpire just from some quests, easy as piss heroics and some instanced pvp.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Xlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,613
    Last time dueling was enjoyable was in WotLK. Since then it's just retarded.

  11. #11
    I'd consider WotlK the last great expansion, but even pvp in WoD felt more balanced than it does now, and that's saying something.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Krassz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I'd consider WotlK the last great expansion, but even pvp in WoD felt more balanced than it does now, and that's saying something.
    Generally the later seasons of MoP are considered to be the best seasons there were.

    WoTLK was terrible for PvP and any perceptions of greatness are mainly just nostalgia. Go play a private server and you'll see that.

    The issue of balance isn't even the main issue with PvP though. Balance may be better but the gameplay is stale, boring and garbage.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Generally the later seasons of MoP are considered to be the best seasons there were.

    WoTLK was terrible for PvP and any perceptions of greatness are mainly just nostalgia. Go play a private server and you'll see that.

    The issue of balance isn't even the main issue with PvP though. Balance may be better but the gameplay is stale, boring and garbage.

    I disagree with just about everything you said here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •