Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

11 months into Legion - at this time Warlords of Draenor already came to an end...

Can you imagine? 7 months after its release WoD got its last patch in June 2016 - that's like 7.2 and ToS would be the end of Legion and the "content drought" for the next expansion already started back in April '17. But Legion is still anticipating a massive content patch, the biggest WoW has ever seen.

It's amazing to see how Blizzard turned the WoD crap show into a success story with the right pacing of content.

It is Indeed very nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can you imagine? 7 months after its release WoD got its last patch in June 2016 - that's like 7.2 and ToS would be the end of Legion and the "content drought" for the next expansion already started back in April '17. But Legion is still anticipating a massive content patch, the biggest WoW has ever seen.

It's amazing to see how Blizzard turned the WoD crap show into a success story with the right pacing of content.
    It's amazing to see how Blizzard turned the WoD crap show into a success story with the right pacing of content
    success story with the right pacing of content
    success story

Deleted
    Yup 10/10 for me this expansion, best since WOTLK!

Deleted
    1/10 it's the worst so far.

Im finding it difficult to call Legion a success but yes i agree - its better than WoD, content wise at least.

Definitely nice that we're still going strong with new content unlike Warlords that felt like something was missing, at least to me, and thus ending up as a rushed and wierd story.

Go, Legion! You're doing a good job! ^_^

Problem wasn't with xpack itself - problem was with Blizzard, abandoning it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

2/10 not enough pet battle and fishing content

WoD was a horrible failure due to the awful planning on Blizzard's part and the fact that they had to remake the idea for the expansion twice.. and obviously couldn't even flesh out the ideas that they decided to implement in their final version of WoD.

Garrisons got placed in single locations with little diversity, we didn't get the middle raid tier, they changed the story again mid expansion and decided not to have Grom as the final boss which left this weird hole in the story when the focus suddenly shifted to Guldan and the Legion, especially since the Warlords hadn't even been beaten that badly yet. I don't recall if the Shattrath raid was supposed to be Legion influenced or not... but it just didn't make much sense having the Warlords retreat to Tanaan when all we did was take out some ogres and Blackrock Foundry. Also they shoehorned Kargath in that ogre raid pretty hard. That was something else that was a little silly. He was just.. there, and we beat him very early on and very easily as well.

That expansion was a shit show. Now, I think from a pure mythic raiding environment I would prefer WoD to Legion. A lot of the changes they introduced to keep people playing and give them more content really just punishes the raiding scene. The majority of raiders are gear hungry due to wanting to feel the progression of their character which is bad when you introduce a random loot gearing system with the titanforge system and legendary system. Legendary items discouraged many players in the beginning and, while some of the more casual players didn't think about the future impact that titanforging would have, titanforging has come back to bite people in the ass when they suddenly realize they need to farm another version of the same trinket that's been BiS all expansion. That guy who got that lucky 895 dungeon trinket or Arcanocrystal in EN is probably a little upset that they have to do it again and get a 955 now.

I hope they really push for fun activities to do in game that don't directly impact you player power next time. I understand that they wanted to keep content relevant by making it feel like some wacky carnival ride where whoa-HO-HO! You can get a upgrade anywhere from anything at anytime!!! but seriously... it ends up burning people out who are trying to get the edge on their content of choice. Farming mythic plus dungeons for AP in the beginning was awful, now people are still doing it because some of the pieces of BiS loot come from there or are at least alternative sources of said loot. Maybe Tomb drops a good relic for you but it's only once a week. You can farm Mythic 15 Blackrook Hold over and over for that one relic if you want to. Eventually you may get a 955 one and never need another relic until next raid tier... but that just kills people doing that.

I've quit playing Legion basically in March, sub cancelled (but still have game time, it autorenewed for 3 months after my tokens ran out this month, can't say I was impressed with that after not paying for wow for 2 years). I've been stopping by to check the view occasionally over the last few months, I think the problem isn't the game but rather it's me.

Legion has been the best expansion since WOTLK and in many ways the best expansion overall, it will never top TBC/WOTLK for me, but I think Legion has been an outstanding effort by Blizzard so far. Not perfect by any stretch and a lot of mistakes, but such a massive step forward from WOD it's incredible... Let's hope they don't drop the ball and go back to being lazy in the next one. It's unlikely I will be playing before then, at least not more than subbing for a month to check out Argus for a week.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I WISH this expansion would end. Hopefully the next one will actually be fun.

Better than MoP(like every expansion, even WoD), worse than Wotlk.

It's good expansion, though it had some flaws, like legendaries or broken shore quest line(and more and more).

What's the issue people have with MoP? MoP had great content patches and overall very much (raid) content compared to Cataclysm or MoP. Sure Legion has its flaws but it's still going strong. Broken Shore was a disappointment, yes, but I think Blizzard did an overall very good job with this expansion (okay, they had to).

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to know what happened in the Blizzard development team during WoD

Must have been such a shitshow

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Problem wasn't with xpack itself - problem was with Blizzard, abandoning it.
    There was problem, not with quality content, but with quantity and design. All core stuff - dungeons, zones, raids were great, but we had no reason to do it more than few times. They noticed it and figured out that with this system no matter how much content they create - we just do it few times and abandon this content.

Story was stupid as hell, but very epic - I just mention Dark Portal intro, Frostfire ending, Shattrath siege, Thrall vs. Garosh. But they also abandoned Iron Horde story - 6.2 was more preparation for Legion than proper final battle with Iron Horde.

And for some reason expac was delayed and rushed at the same time. They had no idea for reps, scrap Farahlon, scrap Bladespire/Karabor capitals etc.

But don't forget how many great stuff was put into WoD - raid structure (non frustrating flex LFR, pug friendly flex Normal, flex Heroic for casual guilds, one size Mythic for hardcore), return to non-queable regular dungeons (Mythics in 6.2), begin of Timewalking and content scalling, new models, premade group finder, lot of quality of life changes etc.

World isn't black and white. WoD was mess, but it was expansion directed more for hardcore and people with many alts. Legion is directed for people than want to focus on main (but still we have reason to play alts for unique questlines or mounts).

The xpac has definitely tied with MoP for my second slot, behind Wrath. Story wise and gameplay wise, both are extremely rich, and Argus is setting up to be an impressive patch for story, hopefully gameplay can deliver.

Deleted
    Very good expansion, a lot of content and things to do. Would have been my favourite expansion if they would have kept CM but also have mythic + as an option. The legendary system is horrible tho!

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Yup 10/10 for me this expansion, best since WOTLK!
    Best since mop pls.
    Be Free! <3

Legion is a success, for sure. That doesn't mean they didn't get anything wrong, though, but that's the Blizzard pendulum for you. MoP, too much focus on dailies. WoD, where are the dailies? Also no grind thanks for garrison. Legion, dailies are back in tolerable form, but holy shit grinding. Following this pattern, next expansion, expect grinding to be cut down massively.