Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    last time I checked, Thanos was laughing off Thor's attacks (and taunted him to hit him more) in the comics and almost one shotted him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the writer; when he's not holding back, against normal Thanos, Thor can hold his own.

Also: Who else does the MCU Avengers have, that's capable of standing up to Thanos?

Thor and Hulk are their big guns. Scarlet Witch and Vision have potential, but probably not enough at the moment.

Captain Marvel is probably going to be the Sentry replacement in the MCU and will eventually drop Thanos, but for now, Thor and Hulk are the best bet.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    They really should tie in something related to Agents of Shield. Hopefully show something like Coulson still being alive.
    He can get some metal braces for his legs and walk around with warmachine in the "theres no repercussions in the marvel movies club"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    He can get some metal braces for his legs and walk around with warmachine in the "theres no repercussions in the marvel movies club"
    While I suppose you're not exactly wrong, this is a staple of action movies in general, not just Marvel movies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    While I suppose you're not exactly wrong, this is a staple of action movies in general, not just Marvel movies.
    Hoping infinity wars stays true and does kill off Ironman.

They dont kill off characters normally because they are worth so much

Well I think we can safely assume someone will die in IW, Ironman or otherwise.

But still, none of this is exclusive to Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Ehhhh, this is a bit misleading. I know they removed IW from the title of 'Avengers 4' because they also thought it was misleading, as they didn't want to consider it a "Part I and Part II", but they aren't telling Thanos' entire arc in one movie. 'Avengers 4' may not be called "IW - Part II" but all signs look to it continuing the story where things left off.

By all signs, I mean the fact that Josh Brolin is signed on for both movies and has been seen on set filming for the next Avengers' film. Granted, I suppose that could all be a big red herring, but I kind of doubt it. They aren't going to try and squeeze his entire arc into one film. Marvel hasn't spent all this time building up their entire universe just to wrap up their most anticipated villain in one movie. They've proven to be better and smarter than that.
    Without spoiling too much for anyone, I can officially confirm that even though the "technically" say it's just 1 movie now, it is still only part 1 of the overall story. The ending is essentially a cliffhanger, giving our heroes a small amount of time to catch their breath before the conclusion. I'll try to keep things as spoiler free as I can, but everyone needs to understand that by reading any thread regarding an upcoming movie, you are putting yourself at risk for seeing spoilers and have nobody to blame but yourself. So, with that said:
    -The end of Ragnarok is the beginning of the movie. The trailer scene with Loki giving Thanos the space stone happens here(He does it to save the remaining Asgardians)
    -Thor gets his axe from the comics(idk name, not a big marvel comics guy)
    -Soul Stone is in a pocket dimension, with a very special way of getting to it(Not saying, because that would reveal one of the main cast deaths of the film)
    -The Collector is in the movie, and dies. I don't think that's a shock to anyone
    -Iron Man, Spider Man, Dr Strange go on a space adventure(you see it in the trailer, Quill/Drax are also there)
    -Shuri is BAE
    -2 Hero deaths. 1 really pissed me off, and it involves how to get the soul stone. 2nd we all know is coming, also has to do with a stone. Although, I hope said character returns and I'm sure they will.
    -Loki saves the day. Once again proving he is one of the absolute best characters in the MCU. Can't remember if he dies or not, I don't think so...but maybe. Either way, redemption.com
    -Banner is in the hulkbuster armor and he does hulk out at some point. It's a scene pulled from the comics.

No, these aren't random ideas or maybes, they are confirmed. Some of which have been confirmed by leaked test footage that is available on the net. Google should help you if you desire to see them.
    Kthxhugsbye

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Well I think we can safely assume someone will die in IW, Ironman or otherwise.

But still, none of this is exclusive to Marvel movies.
    "He did it! So I can do it too!" Is never the best argument for anything.

Marvel are blowing the other hero flicks out of the water, so they dont need to copy formulas they can afford to go beyond them.

Ironman doesn't die. Maybe in Avengers 4. The two hero deaths in IW aren't even main heroes. While 1 is a main character, on an ABCD ranking I'd say B level. The other is not a surprise to anyone, he has a big infinity stone stuck in his forehead. That's not a spoiler, anyone who didn't see that coming is blind.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Without spoiling too much for anyone, I can officially confirm that even though the "technically" say it's just 1 movie now, it is still only part 1 of the overall story. The ending is essentially a cliffhanger, giving our heroes a small amount of time to catch their breath before the conclusion. I'll try to keep things as spoiler free as I can, but everyone needs to understand that by reading any thread regarding an upcoming movie, you are putting yourself at risk for seeing spoilers and have nobody to blame but yourself. So, with that said:
    -The end of Ragnarok is the beginning of the movie. The trailer scene with Loki giving Thanos the space stone happens here(He does it to save the remaining Asgardians)
    -Thor gets his axe from the comics(idk name, not a big marvel comics guy)
    -Soul Stone is in a pocket dimension, with a very special way of getting to it(Not saying, because that would reveal one of the main cast deaths of the film)
    -The Collector is in the movie, and dies. I don't think that's a shock to anyone
    -Iron Man, Spider Man, Dr Strange go on a space adventure(you see it in the trailer, Quill/Drax are also there)
    -Shuri is BAE
    -2 Hero deaths. 1 really pissed me off, and it involves how to get the soul stone. 2nd we all know is coming, also has to do with a stone. Although, I hope said character returns and I'm sure they will.
    -Loki saves the day. Once again proving he is one of the absolute best characters in the MCU. Can't remember if he dies or not, I don't think so...but maybe. Either way, redemption.com
    -Banner is in the hulkbuster armor and he does hulk out at some point. It's a scene pulled from the comics.

No, these aren't random ideas or maybes, they are confirmed. Some of which have been confirmed by leaked test footage that is available on the net. Google should help you if you desire to see them.
    You might want to add spoiler tags like i just did.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

"He did it! So I can do it too!" Is never the best argument for anything.

Marvel are blowing the other hero flicks out of the water, so they dont need to copy formulas they can afford to go beyond them.
    No, that's not really what I'm trying to say. I'm more saying it's a criticism of many action movies, not just Marvel. Your original comment appeared to single out Marvel for this.

If you're going to post spoilers use spoiler tags or else you will be reported for trolling.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Four days folks! FOUR. DAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Four days folks! FOUR. DAYS.
    Gonna be a lot longer for me. Gotta wait for good streams sadly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to post spoilers use spoiler tags or else you will be reported for trolling.
    I agree with this but would also like to add that if you click on this thread without having watched the movie then you’re just asking for trouble. Same goes for anything in this thread really

10+ Year Old Account
    Time cannot go fast enough. Cannot see it on opening day as I am working so I'll be away from the internet of all sources when that movie hits. I learned my lesson after having the Force Awakens spoiled for me :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I agree with this but would also like to add that if you click on this thread without having watched the movie then you’re just asking for trouble. Same goes for anything in this thread really
    yeah but some people want to know if its just good or not. not everyone is gonna see it on opening weekend and theres also no reason for anyone to be a jerk and spoil the movie when ive asked twice for people to use tags for just 2wks

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah but some people want to know if its just good or not. not everyone is gonna see it on opening weekend and theres also no reason for anyone to be a jerk and spoil the movie when ive asked twice for people to use tags for just 2wks
    This movie is going to have spoilers posted everywhere by people hoping to ruin it for others.

Internet wont be safe until you have seen the movie or you're gonna see spoilers. Even on your favourite golf youtube vid

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta love small towns. The first showing at mid day globally wasnt sold out. Got me ticket and will be among the first people seeing the film ^^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just want the scarlet witch to kill Hawkeye sometime in this movie

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If people want to know if it's good or not the only way they'll actually know is going to see the film. Coming to mmo-champ to see people's thoughts won't help.
    It can. Saying it's good as X but not as good as Y is an example without spoiling anything.