Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    I did not like the free restart on HoV in the finals; the other team would have won, they were already on the first boss, they did it perfect. Blizzard should have given a penalty for the restart to even the field. This was not well thought out ('How do we deal with bugs? How do we prevent advantage from one team?'). Free Marsy was more than a minute behind at the reset, that would have been enough to let Honestly win - though its always hard to predict perfectly. Now the extra 30k $$ was decided on bad grounds; Blizzard could have done much better there.
    This is hard to say though, because alot of that time that they were behind was lost because they couldn't release and get back into the fight, which was very close to the ress spot. In this case the full restart was imho the best option, maybe they should have restarted with Free Marcy having one death on the clock (as the first death was the only death that 100% could not be contributed to the ress bug).

Deleted
    It was a very good tournament to watch for me, despite bugs happening here and there.

However if it were to happen again, I wish all the map sand affixes would be decided way in advance so teams can prepare some crazy stuff.
    By imposing the map last minute,we just see them doing the instance the regular way, things we can see everyday on any stream. While for me this event should be seen as a speedrun kind of thing. The more prepared the team will be the more we would see some crazy pull/strats happeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    However if it were to happen again, I wish all the map sand affixes would be decided way in advance so teams can prepare some crazy stuff.
    By imposing the map last minute,we just see them doing the instance the regular way, things we can see everyday on any stream. While for me this event should be seen as a speedrun kind of thing. The more prepared the team will be the more we would see some crazy pull/strats happeing.
    If I'm not mistaken all keys with their affixes were known beforehand. Apparently there were vendors on the tournament realms that gave out those keys.

I wonder when we'll see the MDI teams at the top of the leaderboards again. I'd bet they're all pretty burnt out on m+ right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    I guess I didnt know what to expect, but I sort of expected the commentators to talk at least a little bit about gear and spec/class choices.
    They talked about the setup to some extent, but the biggest issue about going into detail is that they simply don't know.
    And I don't mean it as disrespect to the casters, they knew enough about the instances, I learned some things.

Just a couple examples:
    Going alliance for NL for access to Shadowmeld and skipping one of the packs, while being horde for AoE silence in other dungeons.

Wheezing Harsies going prot warrior (for Spell Reflect) and Havoc (for high ST burst) for Upper Kara. Their setup was tailored to 1-phase Medivh and save huge amount of time. How are the commentators supposed to know that when even Raider.IO didn't think of it and changed their own setup for this dungeon after watching the replay?

You don't really know until you see it.

As far as gear/legendaries go, you can change your equip during the run and the players were clearly doing that. You could see warriors triple leaping with shoulders when they needed to cover some distance, while obviously using single target legendaries/trinkets on bosses and AoE on trash.
    Some players on some classes were even swapping relics between single target/AoE.

If you were unable to swap gear, maybe the choice could be more interesting. Some teams going for more ST trying to kill bosses quickly while others taking AoE options and doing massive pulls, but as it stands, it isn't the case.

Anybody knows if some of the finalists wrote something about the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Anybody knows if some of the finalists wrote something about the finals?
    Don't think so but I could answer a couple questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Wheezing Harsies going prot warrior (for Spell Reflect) and Havoc (for high ST burst) for Upper Kara. Their setup was tailored to 1-phase Medivh and save huge amount of time. How are the commentators supposed to know that when even Raider.IO didn't think of it and changed their own setup for this dungeon after watching the replay?
    It was tailored to not be complete trash in there for the classes they were comfortable. Wheezing Harsies could go a lot further if their DH was comfortable on other tanks himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Don't think so but I could answer a couple questions here
    Are you guys ok with the solution of blizzard in upper karazhan? I mean some of the viewers are very upset about it, but at the End the only thing that matter is, what the finalists are thinking about that. :-)

If you are ok with the outcome of the match, we have no further reason to be upset.

I'd hope same as the state of WOD pvp brought spotlight to the Human racial ultimately leading to the nerf of it, this m+ invitational will bring spotlight to the Blood Elf racial, it was common to see everyone on the team Blood Elf except Druids (for obvious reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Are you guys ok with the solution of blizzard in upper karazhan? I mean some of the viewers are very upset about it, but at the End the only thing that matter is, what the finalists are thinking about that. :-)

If you are ok with the outcome of the match, we have no further reason to be upset.
    We didn't understand what happened until after the tournament when we went through the vods. I think if we knew at the time we would have appealed to the admins.

Regarding HoV, it's one of those dungeons that can be won or lost on the first pull. A good example would be Vault which we saw a lot of in the quarters. Every team was going in with full CDs for a big pull and if you have a few deaths or a wipe there and waste your cool downs and the other team gets it down clean you've bascially just lost it at that point, which was the case in a lot of the vaults. Same thing in HoV, however it's a dungeon that teams would have practiced far less since it wasn't a starting map so getting that clean start in on the first try is much harder. To have a messy start then get a restart after being refreshed on all the mechanics is pretty fortunate imo.

With the Upper it's a bit harder to say. We wiped on the last boss and had to run back past the trash we had skipped on the bridge. If you saw the tournament you can see this was a complete mess, the shadow melds failed so we had to pylon our entire team, die again, and then back track to rest our warlock. So we had our run back time, 5 extra deaths and then back tracking to res all added up. Free Marsy also skipped a pack on the bridge with invis potions, but were ressed at the boss after a lengthy wait. If they instead had to run back and cleanly skipped or killed the trash again they would have won anyway, but if they dealt with it as poorly as we did we would have won. Say for example we also had a release bug and spent the same time dead as them. We repull the boss first and win. We were given the chance to make mistakes on our run back, which we did and that ended up costing us. The other team didn't have the chance to make or lose time on their run back, it was all up to the admin intervention. I honestly don't know how it should have ended.

That's bascially our teams thoughts on those two maps. We would have liked to get it appealed during the tournament but like I said we didn't know what actually happened until it was too late. Free Marsy played great though and we're happy we were able to have a double Aussie finals. The tournament was a blast to play overall. It's just a shame that so much of the discussion is focused on the bugs and not on the game play.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2017-10-04 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Btw how u spell reflect on Mediv? I tryed to press spell reflect in start of channel cast and it didnt nothing except reflecting damage. no additional + dmg buff on mediv.
    When i have to use? In last milisecond of cast?