Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance PvP changes a bit too harsh?

Just wondering what people are thinking in regards to the Balance changes for PvP. As someone who plays Moonkin in arena I know we are strong, but were we really strong enough to warrant these changes?

Balance
    PvP Template Armor reduced by 10%.
    Bladed Feathers grants 11% additional armor per rank in PvP (was 22.5% per rank).
    Ironfeather Armor now grants an additional 25% armor (was 50%).
    Celestial Guardian now grants 10% spell damage reduction (was 20%).
    Moonkin Form now grants 125% additional armor in PvP situation (was 200%).

I feel like this will turn us into glass cannons instead of the fat tanky owls we should be. I don't disagree that maybe a small nerf was needed, but to have the bat swung THIS hard at us? Especially considering the potency of melee cleaves and that they already nerfed our aoe in arena. I feel like melee teams are just going to mongo the balance druids now. Something tells me this will see the fall of Moonkins from the meta.

Thoughts anyone?

Owl armor remains superior to most classes
    Now it just means that instead of always being very tanky,you'll need to drop your damage and go bear to be very tanky.Which is imo very fair.

TLR : Not nerfed too hard,made balanced
    Last edited by ONCHEhap; 2017-07-25 at 04:41 PM.

Funny they had time to fix balance tankiness, but didn't fix the Circadian Invocation stuck in combat bug. Seems we'll need to drop combat more now to stealth and reposition...but forget that.
    Crazyhoof of Moon Guard

Tuning has nothing to do with maybe bugs

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Owl armor remains superior to most classes
    Now it just means that instead of always being very tanky,you'll need to drop your damage and go bear to be very tanky.Which is imo very fair.

TLR : Not nerfed too hard,made balanced
    Being a high armor caster was our niche. I can see why they would tweak it but I feel they went a bit overboard, especially given the kind of burst that melee trains have right now compared to caster cleaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Being a high armor caster was our niche. I can see why they would tweak it but I feel they went a bit overboard, especially given the kind of burst that melee trains have right now compared to caster cleaves.
    Lol armor has been useless in PVP against most classes (even "physical" classes) since like forever.

the change is just to much

More generally I don't understand why there still are balance patches 9 months after release and almost every week...

Because no one is perfect the first time? What don't you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    More generally I don't understand why there still are balance patches 9 months after release and almost every week...
    you'd rather not have them patch anything and just leave stuff broken? : ) i for one am glad blizzard updates so often.

as for the nerfs, i don't feel like it's too much. just normal balancing imo, makes sense.

It was definitely a heavy handed nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Valqt View Post
    you'd rather not have them patch anything and just leave stuff broken? : ) i for one am glad blizzard updates so often.

as for the nerfs, i don't feel like it's too much. just normal balancing imo, makes sense.
    No, I want the game to be balanced before release.

No, I want the game to be balanced before release.
    Balance is a moving target. You're never done with it until all changes stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a high armor caster was our niche.
    More like huge feathery melee magnet as niche

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Balance is a moving target. You're never done with it until all changes stop.
    Yep and those changes should have been done during beta, not after release.

Yep and those changes should have been done during beta, not after release.
    No, they really, really shouldn't. Some issues do not really become apparent until the game is life, no matter how thorough your testing. What you're asking for is impossible, and not a very good idea anyway. No changes whatsoever for the 2+ years an expansion lasts would make for a very stale game.

No, they really, really shouldn't. Some issues do not really become apparent until the game is life, no matter how thorough your testing. What you're asking for is impossible, and not a very good idea anyway. No changes whatsoever for the 2+ years an expansion lasts would make for a very stale game.
    Ok there might be some balance changes here and there, maybe once every 3 months, but not every week like we have today.

Ok there might be some balance changes here and there, maybe once every 3 months, but not every week like we have today.
    So you'd rather they leave things broken?

Plus a lot of melee having a ton of magical damage instead of physical, which Armor does nothing for, and outside of Frenzied Regen, Balance healing is pretty much non-existent.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So you'd rather they leave things broken?
    Broken things should not even have passed the QA before release. AAA companies should test their games and not wait for x months of live data to start doing something. Then for "minor" balancing I prefer one patch every 3 months than +10% here and there every week.