Signup Not-Quite-Mafia 88: The Game of Idleness

So, this is the signup thread for those wishing to take part in a very experimental game.

Premise:

I have a 6 player, open setup mafia-like game featuring no scum whatsoever. You'd be hard pressed to call this a game of mafia. But it has some familiar features: a day cycle of lynchings, a night cycle of murders, a sadistic moderator relishing in your demise, paranoia and backstabbings. It is essentially what you make out of it, be that full live-action submersion or casual disinterest. I also expect the game itself to be utterly boring to play during the daytime, and if this game thread reaches 5 pages, you have probably played it wrong. As I said, this is an experimental game. It is the Game of Idleness. Something to do when you are bored.

What is the Game of Idleness, you may ask? It is a game based on events in the Japanese Light novel "The Empty Box and the Zeroth Maria", aka "Hakomari". Events wherein 6 people find themselves trapped in a mafia-like death game, and assigned one of six cheesy fantasy kingdom roles. We shall re-enact that game, and the less I talk about how it plays out the better. The roles are as follows:

Roles:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Special Game Rules
    The game mostly follows the standard mafia game ruleset. Below are special rules for this game.

- The lynch threshold is very steep: number of players - 1, to a minimum of 2. (Ex: with 6 players alive, 5 is needed to lynch)
    - Game lasts until all living players have met their wincons, or no remaining players can effectively kill each other, or 3 days+nights pass with no deaths.
    - Dead people are not role revealed. You must work out who is which role and killed whom amongst yourselves!

- As a day action, each player may either vote for a lynch or organize some private talks on the following night.
    - If deciding to organize private talks, specify which players you wish to interact with - in your QT thread.
    - If two players agree to talk to each other, they get a private chat thread that night.
    - If one player wishes to talk to another, but the other player doesn't return that sentiment, no talks take place between those two players.

- However: When organizing a talk, you may also backstab any player(s) you talk to that night.
    - If one players backstab a player coming to talk, the talking player will become a stabbed corpse.
    - If two players backstab each other, nothing happens and no talks take place between those two players.

Example day thread commands:

vote: Danner

or

talk
    (followed by a QT post stating you wish to talk to Danner, Krayzy and Lysah - but backstab Danner)

You can only do one of these two actions per day, but you can change your mind as much as you like before the day deadline.
    - Due to potential night action delays (f.ex if the King uses Substitution), Nights may randomly be extended beyond 24 hours if the Moderator deems it necessary.
    - If all players have decided to use the talk action rather than voting, the gameday ends.

Signups:

By design, this game holds exactly 6 spots. Hydra players are allowed (ie, two players play one character) if we run over that limit, but I'm not really expecting that.

1. Largehorn
    2. Graeham
    3. Marack
    4. Kryllian
    5. SatsuBL
    6. Listo95
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-07-28 at 06:59 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I want in on this...

Sign me up!

#first

Sign me up, please!

7+ Year Old Account
    ME ME ME... I WANNA KILL PEOPLE WITH BOREDOM

damn caplocks...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll fill in if you need a 6th player to start up.

I'm sorry Large, I saw your post to start the last game when I was already several drinks in and promptly forgot about it until the day the game ended. (I would've been a backup signup only anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I'll fill in if you need a 6th player to start up.

I'm sorry Large, I saw your post to start the last game when I was already several drinks in and promptly forgot about it until the day the game ended. (I would've been a backup signup only anyway...)
    No need to be sorry... I see how it is. Personally it would have been weird had you rated me above alcohol!

Gonna need two more players, can't really start the game until we have that...
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I can be that last body you need.

Sweet!

That's a great lineup to wake up to. Game will go out in an hour or so. Just need the last minute preparation step done.

- - - Updated - - -

The game thread is up!
    Let me know if you didn't get your rolecard for some reason.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...me-of-Idleness

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP didn't even see this thread.

I can send you a dead thread, if you like.