Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Umm, then why couldnt they at least give different skins for the same map? Winter variant, autumn variant, urban, etc. etc. It's just lazy design at this point.

And hots model might be shit for you but I like it much more than one static map over and over and over again.
    League of Legends (and other Mobas) do do thematic variations of their maps. LoL, Dota 2 and HoN all do winter snow versions of their map for Christmas, and Halloween-themed themes for October, etc. The argument of there not being more style variants isn't that the developers are lazy, it's that the map is a very integral part of the Moba genre and that changing the visuals and set pieces around creates a situation where people have to 'learn' each different map's visual quirks and any unique features a reskin has (say, for instance, a wall of terrain that is passable when it's a 'Lava reskin' of the map versus any other variation). From a competitive standpoint (which is what all Mobas clamor to be), it's much preferable to have one set map that doesn't really change and that meta games revolve around.

HotS' model is meant to be less serious and have a bunch of different maps and ulterior objectives. The concept of this is fine, but my problem with HotS is that the maps are tremendously fucking shitty. They infamously had to remove Hanamura from the game for being so bad, and the newest Overwatch map manages to be even worse. Not to mention garbage like Towers of Doom, or perhaps worst of all, maps like Haunted Mines or the Punishers, where the map objective is so bad that it's better to ignore it and shove lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    League of Legends (and other Mobas) do do thematic variations of their maps. LoL, Dota 2 and HoN all do winter snow versions of their map for Christmas, and Halloween-themed themes for October, etc. The argument of there not being more style variants isn't that the developers are lazy, it's that the map is a very integral part of the Moba genre and that changing the visuals and set pieces around creates a situation where people have to 'learn' each different map's visual quirks and any unique features a reskin has (say, for instance, a wall of terrain that is passable when it's a 'Lava reskin' of the map versus any other variation). From a competitive standpoint (which is what all Mobas clamor to be), it's much preferable to have one set map that doesn't really change and that meta games revolve around.

HotS' model is meant to be less serious and have a bunch of different maps and ulterior objectives. The concept of this is fine, but my problem with HotS is that the maps are tremendously fucking shitty. They infamously had to remove Hanamura from the game for being so bad, and the newest Overwatch map manages to be even worse. Not to mention garbage like Towers of Doom, or perhaps worst of all, maps like Haunted Mines or the Punishers, where the map objective is so bad that it's better to ignore it and shove lanes.
    Competitve gamers cant get accustomed to different map skins? I bet they must be very competitive then...

I also don't agree on the point that HotS maps are shitty. I actually prefer hots over lol because of the awesome maps.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Competitve gamers cant get accustomed to different map skins? I bet they must be very competitive then...
    You don't seem to understand the fundamental reasoning for a singular map.

I also don't agree on the point that HotS maps are shitty. I actually prefer hots over lol because of the awesome maps.
    Well, enjoyment is all subjective but I will continue letting the fact Blizzard has to remove maps from the game routinely because they're either broken due to bad/short-sighted design or they're literally so bad that people refuse to play on them speak for itself.

I love summoner's rift and am only willing to play that unless I'm forced to go into other maps to earn some free rewards or whatever.

Riot and their decisions.

Impossible to play the game in SoloQ as support. You basically watch the house burn down while you try to keep the living stone that is your adc alive. First blood, double, triple kill. You look at the time and just 10 minutes passed. Fifteen games in a row at least one or even three people tilted, ragequit or inted. Consequence, lost 90 LP, got back to promos, both games afk, lost another 80 LP, got demoted and deleted the game. The changes to the game are fun but the community is still not worth bothering with the game.

All computer games with ranked systems are cancer research places.

Deleted
    Because I just do not have time

It's slow, boring, just a MOBA, same situation just different avatars, repeated skills across the characters, and the community have the maturity level of a kindergarten sandbox on an episode of Mean Girls.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

I just play ARAM because it is the most balanced mode in the game.

Every MOBA tries to be 'different'.
    League nails individuality and skill when it pertains to how well you can do by yourself.
    Hots shits on individuality by making everything dependent on the team, which means you can do jack by yourself.
    Dota takes the individuality and skill to the moon, and says 'well you died once, so you've lost the game for your team'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bored after some months, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...diamond and below still think the pro scene meta is relevant to them.

I still play league, but people in Silver and Gold seriously need to learn how to not INT immediately after getting baron.

90% of the time, the team that gets baron will, within the next minute, suffer 3-4 deaths due to having no vision, pushing without the team, generally 1v3ing. And thus completely wasting baron.

... I can't play a Blood DK in it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    I still play league, but people in Silver and Gold seriously need to learn how to not INT immediately after getting baron.

90% of the time, the team that gets baron will, within the next minute, suffer 3-4 deaths due to having no vision, pushing without the team, generally 1v3ing. And thus completely wasting baron.
    When people learn those basic things they no longer stay in silver or gold :P Good decision making is what separates the leagues, mechanical skill plays a pretty small part.
    Part of that decision making is dodging anyone under plat who picks certain champs, like yasuo riven or azir :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    It used to be fun. Like 2009-2012 days

10+ Year Old Account
    ..you have to fuck about with a stupid rune system
    ..there is no gameplay other than keeping vision and harassing if you are a support; see below
    ..no denial mechanic
    ..the ui, especially since the change a couple of years ago, and general graphics are total dogshit

There are things with Dota 2 that annoy me such as Blink Dagger being overpoweringly mandatory for many heroes, but League is just total trash in so many ways.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    ..you have to fuck about with a stupid rune system
    ..there is no gameplay other than keeping vision and harassing if you are a support; see below
    ..no denial mechanic
    ..the ui, especially since the change a couple of years ago, and general graphics are total dogshit

There are things with Dota 2 that annoy me such as Blink Dagger being overpoweringly mandatory for many heroes, but League is just total trash in so many ways.
    I agree that the vision is way too easy to obtain and also to clear out. I would prefer having less wards and less methods to clear wards.

I don't like denial in Dota, but having a gold penalty for death would be pretty interesting.

Art style has made it incredibly difficult for me to tell what's going on.

Weirdly enough I enjoyed that it was fairly blocky, because things were fairly defined.
    My R/G colourblindness doesn't make things much easier. Colourblind mode isn't much of a fix, either.

Deleted
    the community is bad