Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoon View Post
    I don't argue for a zero-dimensional social net, and I'm not "jealous against the poor". I've never been rich, or even middle class. I've been on some of these benefits, because, unless you are a immigrant, you don't get all these. Namely, you don't get free new mobile phone, you don't get the right to TV or newspaper so you can see the news, and you don't get payed internet service. These you use your "entertainment" part of your benefits, which takes all of it and more bleeding into clothing and transportation that for them is free (free public transportation, a benefit I was "not entitled to", as they said it).
    I don't know what level of benefits people get in certain countries but here in Germany the differences are from state to state and even from region to region but it is safe to say that immediate benefits given are pretty basic ones (clothing, rooms to live in etc.) and they are given that in place of lots of money because it is reducing the risk of crime and that people use money as currency for stuff like rackets or simply send it to their relatives. On the other hand jobless native people do enjoy some benefits here too such as support for various cost of living, if any these people are in a different social net with different effects. Whereas refugees usually get extra services like free internet deducted from their 140ish €/mth., someone living from Hartz4 gets additional free benefits to their general basic support albeit with a lot of requirements which is why a lot refugee homes do not necessarily have free internet here. I'd rather be under Hartz4 than being locked up in a room with cellphone, cigarettes and 3 other strangers sharing a cooking place.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Poland will happily accept refugees from the Berlin Caliphate!

Deleted
    Oh look, the forum right wingkins wank on immigrants again.

And use a guy on twitter as their main source.

Yeah, thats nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to add that Epoch Times, which is being quoted by the twitter account, also has bad reputation as news source:

http://meedia.de/2016/03/18/kopp-spu...lleluniversum/

The data displayed in the referenced article on the twitter account is being taken out of context.

For example, the number of integrated immigrants which have been granted asylum is not in the total number, but in the number of suspects, which takes the percentage displayed by epoch times out of context.

https://www.heise.de/tp/features/BKA...n-3691313.html

Minister Thomas de Meziere said, that the numbers should not lead to general suspicion, as there is a raise of criminal activities across the board.

Also, the criminal activities from immigrants are mainly happening in asylum seeker hostels in germany, which means that immigrants actually target other immigrants with criminal activities.

http://www.taz.de/!5399643/

Also, the number of right wing criminal offenses has taken a plus in the last year, around 2,6% to 23.555 offenses (compared to 9.389 left extremist offenses).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    And that is no surprise. From earliest childhood we are told that it is bad to be german.
    No, we were told that it is bad to be a nazi. Thats a difference.

And correct. I mean, probably you disagree here.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-08-03 at 07:27 AM.

Here's a juicy summary of the data from the US from the Cato institute. Which is a right wing think tank, I remind you.

Both the Census-data driven studies and macro-level studies find that immigrants are less crime-prone than natives with some small potential exceptions. There are numerous reasons why immigrant criminality is lower than native criminality. One explanation is that immigrants who commit crimes can be deported and thus are punished more for criminal behavior, making them less likely to break the law.

Another explanation is that immigrants self-select for those willing to work rather than those willing to commit crimes. According to this “healthy immigrant thesis,” motivated and ambitious foreigners are more likely to immigrate and those folks are less likely to be criminals. This could explain why immigrants are less likely to engage in “anti-social” behaviors than natives despite having lower incomes. It’s also possible that more effective interior immigration enforcement is catching and deporting unlawful immigrants who are more likely to be criminals before they have a chance to be incarcerated.

The above research is a vital and missing component in the debate over the supposed links between immigration and crime.
    https://www.cato.org/blog/immigratio...-research-says

So even if I assume that this data is actually indicative of anything, it's by no means universal. The opposite is true in the US for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I experience more German culture going to Wisconsin than I do going to Deutschland.
    You... um... do not lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, we were told that it is bad to be a nazi. Thats a difference.

And correct. I mean, probably you disagree here.
    Depends on your definition of nazi.
    You are seen as a nazi if you say that you are proud to be german. You are seen as a nazi if you fly a german flag in your backyard when there is no football worldcup going on.
    In this whole Leitkultur debate there were quite a few well-known people that said that there is no german culture at all or just brought up some stupid stereotypes "Beer and Bratwurst". Almost all newspapers were afraid to point out german culture, it always came down to "what is there to be proud of, the holocaust?". Yet of course they pointed out at the same time how all migrants had deep and rich cultures that they simply can't give up.

Where and when are you told that it is cool to be german? Even Merkel had that incident where she was embarressed of the german flag during a victory party after an election so that she put it away quickly.
    Our national holiday is not an "America, fuck yea!" equivalent but more of a "Let us remind you what horrible things you have done in the past" on all national tv stations.

And did you just call me a nazi? Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    German teenagers want to be foreigner? Having hard times to believe it.
    If you speak german :
    https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ich-...laender-werden

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    In this whole Leitkultur debate there were quite a few well-known people that said that there is no german culture at all or just brought up some stupid stereotypes "Beer and Bratwurst". Almost all newspapers were afraid to point out german culture
    Germany has only existed since 1871. For most of that time until it went full-on fascist it was a tawdry imperial power engaging in a series of pointless turf wars. Good luck finding any culture to celebrate in that period.

If you mean Prussian culture or whatever that would be different, but you just sound like someone trying to hide innate xenophobia by bullshitting unconvincingly about a cultural identity that doesn't exist as a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    German teenagers want to be foreigner? Having hard times to believe it.
    Its true, if you have alot of immigrants in your class you dont want to stick out as a german and so they tell there roots are from poland, greece, belgium, russia and so they are no real germans. I had some friends that are second or third generation immigrants and not even both there parents are foreigners, they just speak german, never left germany and use no habbits of "his true" home country but hey iam not german and i even got a Goethe quot tattooed on my body....

Eventually we will see a massive kick off in europe the like we have not seen since world war 2.

People are getting so fed up with all this shite and its only a matter of time before some one akin to Hitler rises up and does something stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Germany has only existed since 1871. For most of that time until it went full-on fascist it was a tawdry imperial power engaging in a series of pointless turf wars. Good luck finding any culture to celebrate in that period.

If you mean Prussian culture or whatever that would be different, but you just sound like someone trying to hide innate xenophobia by bullshitting unconvincingly about a cultural identity that doesn't exist as a smokescreen.

This is a shocking amount of cluelessness. There is no way to seperate even the current German culture from Luther, Kant, Goethe, and from roots going back to Charlemagne. With the founding of the Reich 71, there was a political but no cultural shakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

Germany as in the federal republic only exists since 1949, so by your logic we don't have any connection to the Nazis.
    And you don't have to go back to the germanic tribes that existed before the (alleged) birth of Christ, even the "Heiliges römisches Reich deutscher Nationen" had "deutsch" in its name. The people were always known as the germanic people. Yes there were power struggles among the germanic nations but they they all saw a commen heritage.
    Last edited by Yriel; 2017-08-03 at 01:24 PM.