Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No.
    Just, no.
    It used to have actual mechanics that could kill you, it doesn't anymore.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Don't like it don't do it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I know how the mechanic works. There is no Maiden on LFR, there's nothing to fuck up.
    Does the boss still gain energy, or is it just flat transition %?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Does the boss still gain energy, or is it just flat transition %?
    Didn't really look at his energy, but he transitioned at exactly 40%.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Didn't really look at his energy, but he transitioned at exactly 40%.
    I did it twice today. First it was at ~50 % because the damage was low, second was ~40 %.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaabbc View Post
    I did it twice today. First it was at ~50 % because the damage was low, second was ~40 %.
    Guess my group had just the right amount of DPS to make me believe it was a set % health on LFR, then. Still a really weird fight without the Maiden.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Just wait until later in the week when LFR groups start wiping on Avatar because they don't meet the dps check.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Guess my group had just the right amount of DPS to make me believe it was a set % health on LFR, then. Still a really weird fight without the Maiden.
    Its not % based, its just wait till his energy gets to 100%, 1 group pushed him to ~30%, the other at 19%.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its not % based, its just wait till his energy gets to 100%, 1 group pushed him to ~30%, the other at 19%.
    Now I want to see a good premade push him to 0 % before the energy reaches 100.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Was gonna write more but didnt, but LFR was not at this state ever, yes its an easy waste of time and you can always do Normal but thats not what i meant.

This particular wing, nothing happens, nothing deals damage, nothing.

I got locked out because its Wednesday so ninja pulling 930 raiders rushing things and still did not die while standing still at the door while waiting for P2 in Avatar to teleport me down, got hit by 2? Unbound Chaos and 2 Ruptured Realities and survived with just the heal the BM has, it literally didnt manage to do 6mil damage in HP to kill me off while i was half-afking waiting for the fight to end.
    This isn't the first wing that's been like that though.

Ever seen Tormented Guardians? Rift of Aln? or Arcing Aqueducts? Everything in those wings is a loot pinata even by LFR standards. On the bright side it's great for farming satchels since it's easy to get away with only having 1 healer and 1 tank in the group and all 23 of the DPS can just stand still the whole fight leading to a very quickly very dead boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything harder means repeated fails that aren't worth the bother. At least now you have the Determination buff, but I bet no one forgot hitting the 15 min enrage timer on LFR spine.

It might speed up when nearing 20%, at least felt like it, but anecdotal evidence on that.

He probably still does have the 20% "cap" like on other difficulties if it's just energy based.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It used to have actual mechanics that could kill you, it doesn't anymore.
    "it's possible to die if you try" is not in any way, shape or form, even vaguely close to "it's hard".

Or then it's hard to walk in your home because if you deliberately trip yourself you can easily fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyxoor View Post
    LFR is a terrible introduction to the raiding scene from new players, I have friends who don't know very much about the game, when they hit level 110, they do some world quests, some dungeons, they have a good time. And as soon as they can join LFR, they do all the wings, and after that it never takes long before they quit the game again? Why? Because they feel done, they already defeated all the bosses? Why would they bother finding a guild just to do it on another difficulty? It's not worth it for casual players.

Those players will never get to see the fun parts raiding is supposed to be, wether it is with a friends or a guild, or even a pug that requires people to coordinate and try their best. When I first started raiding in cata, I joined a pug, it was a disaster, but I still had fun doing it, it made me excited to go back and try again, and again. It was addictive challenging fun. Do you think LFR players have the same experience? Or do they just hit the boss and stand afk while waiting for loot to pop up?

They should honestly just remove LFR, and make normal mode like 20% easier so all the LFR refugees have somewere to go.
    Those people wouldn't have joined heroic/mythic raiding even if LFR didn't exist.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

To be fair to Blizzard, Maiden especially is a fight where one person fucking up can wipe you. It's no surprise that the mechanics have basically been removed for these fights in LFR. You can't have that kind of reliance on randoms.

I can guarantee when you're stuck in there on a Monday evening with the dregs of the WoW playerbase that you'll be grateful that there are few ways to wipe on these fights.

"it's possible to die if you try" is not in any way, shape or form, even vaguely close to "it's hard".

Or then it's hard to walk in your home because if you deliberately trip yourself you can easily fall.
    You clearly didn't do Spine of Deathwing, Garalon, Durumu etc. They had actual mechanics you had to follow or you wiped/died. In current LFR you have to actively try to kill yourself, in those cases you could die/wipe from messing up just once. Just compare Durumu to Trilliax. Both have a similar beam mechanic, on Durumu you died immediately if you touched it, on Trilliax you have to stand in it for essentially the entire duration to die.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-07-26 at 12:24 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    This isn't the first wing that's been like that though.

Ever seen Tormented Guardians? Rift of Aln? or Arcing Aqueducts? Everything in those wings is a loot pinata even by LFR standards. On the bright side it's great for farming satchels since it's easy to get away with only having 1 healer and 1 tank in the group and all 23 of the DPS can just stand still the whole fight leading to a very quickly very dead boss.
    This is completely different, i dont know how to explain it better, despite the places you mentioned were toned down, it wasnt like this.

Standing in Trilliax beam, can actually kill you even in LFR if you are afk.

It's satisfying to watch people who don't understand the mechanics die on LFR Goroth. Doesn't keep the boss from being killed, but it's a good learning mechanism for avoiding basic personal failure.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

What do you expect from LFR, remember these are perfect strangers, there is no discord or voice communication. It's working as intended, for people who don't raid with a guild of people who work togeather.